Mod Pack Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starwindeu

Jul 29, 2019
If you're going to do this, I highly recommend using FTB's configs. That way, in the future, you can use the same map (maybe).

It's not hard to resolve ID conflicts though. Just tedious. I set up a word doc with ID ranges for each mod. That way when I found a conflict, I had easy access to my own ID's, and could use ID's that made sense for the item.

Ahh.

Well i dont know how i can use the FTB's config, i know how to install mods and that parts, so i guess there is a reason im hanging out here, waiting for an update hehe ;)

Tsugaga

Jul 29, 2019
When will these be posted in the Mod Pack Updates section? I'd like to know the changes in MindCrack 8.3

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh.

Well i dont know how i can use the FTB's config, i know how to install mods and that parts, so i guess there is a reason im hanging out here, waiting for an update hehe ;)

It's very easy. Just open your FTB folder, find the config folder, copy and then paste in the folder for your mod pack. Done!

Ok, so I should have said: "Who, apart from Virgoddess, and some other dudes, ... "

The point is, based on the amount of people in this thread that are excited to play on the 1.5.2 pack (or those of us who have built our own), plenty of people are more than willing to play without RedPower.

Reactions: Starwindeu

Starwindeu

Jul 29, 2019
It's very easy. Just open your FTB folder, find the config folder, copy and then paste in the folder for your mod pack. Done!

The point is, based on the amount of people in this thread that are excited to play on the 1.5.2 pack (or those of us who have built our own), plenty of people are more than willing to play without RedPower.

Oh, nice, thank you very much :D

Evercron

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh.

Most mods have a config file in the minecraft\config folder. When you run the game the mod checks to see if the config file is there. If it is not there the mod generates one. The config files end in .cfg . There are sometimes folders in the minecraft\config folder.
To find the FTB config files look on your computer for the folder: Minecraft Feed the Beast Mod Pack
Inside that folder should be other folders/directories with the names of the packs you have downloaded from the launcher. Look inside one - eg Direwolf20. there should be a folder/directory called minecraft. Inside that is a folder called config.
Copy the FTB config files into the folder of "your" minecraft\config folder. Also copy all of the folders in the config folder into your minecraft\config folder - because some of the settings and resources mods use are in those folders.
Now, if you install many of the pack from FTB you will get various config files and folders that you can use - depending on the packs you have downloaded. You can copy the ones you want from the different packs into "your" minecraft\config folder.
Using them should sort out any config issues with most of the mods you may want to use. FTB have done all the hard work for us. Thanks to them!
Hope this made sense.

Starwindeu

Jul 29, 2019
Most mods have a config file in the minecraft\config folder. When you run the game the mod checks to see if the config file is there. If it is not there the mod generates one. The config files end in .cfg . There are sometimes folders in the minecraft\config folder.
To find the FTB config files look on your computer for the folder: Minecraft Feed the Beast Mod Pack
Inside that folder should be other folders/directories with the names of the packs you have downloaded from the launcher. Look inside one - eg Direwolf20. there should be a folder/directory called minecraft. Inside that is a folder called config.
Copy the FTB config files into the folder of "your" minecraft\config folder. Also copy all of the folders in the config folder into your minecraft\config folder - because some of the settings and resources mods use are in those folders.
Now, if you install many of the pack from FTB you will get various config files and folders that you can use - depending on the packs you have downloaded. You can copy the ones you want from the different packs into "your" minecraft\config folder.
Using them should sort out any config issues with most of the mods you may want to use. FTB have done all the hard work for us. Thanks to them!
Hope this made sense.

Yeah it does, thank you very much ;)

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
When will these be posted in the Mod Pack Updates section? I'd like to know the changes in MindCrack 8.3
Changes from 8.2:
CodeChickenCore 8.1.6, NEI 1.4.7.4, Factorization 7.21, GregTech 2.90h, Advanced Solars 3.3.4, Bibliocraft (added) 1.1.2, ChickenChunks 1.3.1.1, EnderStorage 1.4.1.5, Gravitation Suite 1.8, Iron Chests 5.1.0 build 261, NEI Plugins 1.0.4.7, Steve's Carts? says 2.0.0 dev, Thaumic Bees 1.44_152, Wireless Redstone ChickenBones Edition 1.3.3

russjr08

Jul 29, 2019
Be careful when copying old configs though. Sometimes a new config option might not be included and screw up the game when a mod checks for it.

Reactions: Evercron

Evercron

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah it does, thank you very much ;)

Glad to help.[DOUBLEPOST=1369161096][/DOUBLEPOST]
Be careful when copying old configs though. Sometimes a new config option might not be included and screw up the game when a mod checks for it.

That is a very good point. Make sure the version of the mod you are using on your custom game matches the version of the mod used by FTB.

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
We now think we have found the issue and we are working on getting it fixed right now, it appears our file validation system to ensure that files aren't tapered with is currently not updating for new files so the file upload system is down, we hope to have this fixed as soon as possible.

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
We now think we have found the issue and we are working on getting it fixed right now, it appears our file validation system to ensure that files aren't tapered with is currently not updating for new files so the file upload system is down, we hope to have this fixed as soon as possible.

I really can't stress enough how much I (we, perhaps) appreciate the updates. It's nice to feel important enough to the FTB team to have someone let us know what's going on.

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
I really can't stress enough how much I (we, perhaps) appreciate the updates. It's nice to feel important enough to the FTB team to have someone let us know what's going on.
Generally its not because we don't care that we don't tell you things its just that we just dont know or forget to post about it, thats why I'm being deliberately ambiguous in my language. People tend to hold us to things we say off hand or things that are taken out of context which is what we really want to avoid.

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
Generally its not because we don't care that we don't tell you things its just that we just dont know or forget to post about it, thats why I'm being deliberately ambiguous in my language. People tend to hold us to things we say off hand or things that are taken out of context which is what we really want to avoid.

Oh I know, it just feels nice to be in the loop, even if the information is just: "it's not ready" 20 times :)

Molten

Jul 29, 2019

Personally I don't want ets's. Just honesty as to where you are, and the status at a particular time.
I believe you have done that with the past couple of updates you have given.
Once again ty.

sheepripper

Jul 29, 2019
thx for saying that its always nice when u guys interact with us

Kein

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly as much as I did not expect any updates there is not the desire to play minecraft without RedPower:confused: . RedPower must have!!!:rolleyes:

Conguy97

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly as much as I did not expect any updates there is not the desire to play minecraft without RedPower:confused: . RedPower must have!!!:rolleyes:
RedPower isn't actually very important, besides microblocks. The sorting can be overcomed with diamond pipes or preformatted ME chests. The gates can be replicated with vanilla, the other stuff is just extra. RedPower is mostly just a shorter and easier way of doing harder redstone mechanics. Frames, now that is the good part.

Powersthatbe85

Jul 29, 2019

Give credit to the other mod authors that are part of FTB. They have made some huge steps to creating and advancing their mods to levels beyond Redpower. And if someone can step up and make a non laggy frame alternative I'll donate to that mod asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.