Mod Pack Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kein

Jul 29, 2019
Eloraam wrote on her Twitter about RP, is there any chance that he will be the last update of the package, or it will be added within?

smenes

Jul 29, 2019
Eloraam wrote on her Twitter about RP, is there any chance that he will be the last update of the package, or it will be added within?
it's 1 month old this tweet. anyways we are not waiting anymore for RP2, it's not supposed to be in this pack

AUSGrizzly

Jul 29, 2019
There is a reason we use a pack. And if you haven't guesed it already it's cuz we are lazy
I use these packs cause I can't trust those that play on servers with me to be able to build it themselves or even take apart a pack I made for them cause of extra instructions. With FTB, I can just tell them to go to X, click Y and then Press play...

Reactions: kolikooo1

I-Like-Xycraft

Jul 29, 2019
I use these packs cause I can't trust those that play on servers with me to be able to build it themselves or even take apart a pack I made for them cause of extra instructions. With FTB, I can just tell them to go to X, click Y and then Press play...

I know but, i was just telling smens that there is a reason we are on this forum[DOUBLEPOST=1369150971][/DOUBLEPOST]
I know but, i was just telling smens that there is a reason we are on this forum
Sorry "megaraja"

Evercron

Jul 29, 2019
I, for one, am a big fan of Eloraam's work and will not be playing a mod pack without RP2 (or other variant) - Unless of course Eloraam says she is out of the modding business. I'm just waiting for the recommended 1.4.7 update. When Eloraam updates so will I. Who can live without volcanos and marble and all that other great stuff?

Evercron

Jul 29, 2019
Tekkit used to be a great pack but it languished in update limbo "for ever" (plus they had issues with the modders). That is why a lot of people, myself included, moved over to FTB.

Reactions: kolikooo1

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
Probably best to follow the FTB staff on Twitter if you want to be kept in the loop without constantly checking the website, as they're more active than the actual FTB twitter account.
I generally only tweet on the FTB account when there is something to say, I guess I could tweet on there more but I just kinda assumed people didnt want tweets every day saying "no pack yet" :3

KriiEiter

Jul 29, 2019
I generally only tweet on the FTB account when there is something to say, I guess I could tweet on there more but I just kinda assumed people didnt want tweets every day saying "no pack yet" :3

"No Pack Today" would be amazing.

I wouldn't wait around all day half-expecting something to pop up. The anticipation is the killer. If I know I don't have to wait and troll slow's twitter and stream all day I can be more relaxed. :p

AUSGrizzly

Jul 29, 2019
Though I don't use Twitter due to personal reasons. Even if this was done, no doubt someone would come onto the forum to relay this message which would make me very happy...

Starwindeu

Jul 29, 2019
Just curious, to set up a modpack yourself, will there be alot of mods conflicting with eachother and you have to edit alot of stuff?

vasouv

Jul 29, 2019
Just curious, to set up a modpack yourself, will there be alot of mods conflicting with eachother and you have to edit alot of stuff?
Depends on the mods. The pack I've made has no ID conflicts (mainly because I'm using the "big" mods) thus I don't have to mess with ID resolving crap. I think if you stick to the "big" mods you won't have and conflicts, when you start adding a bunch of smaller mods you'll probably encounter conflicts.

But the more mods you add, the bigger the chance you give you crap so...

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019

If you're going to do this, I highly recommend using FTB's configs. That way, in the future, you can use the same map (maybe).

It's not hard to resolve ID conflicts though. Just tedious. I set up a word doc with ID ranges for each mod. That way when I found a conflict, I had easy access to my own ID's, and could use ID's that made sense for the item.

Status
Not open for further replies.