• Tinker's Construct

Votes: 38 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

vivid2011

Jul 29, 2019
How about an MJ based pack? Mods from the good old days of buildcraft pipes being viable and MJ power being the only of its kind! Buildcraft, Forestry, Railcraft, everything to make a pack of nostalgic mods.

Reactions: Mark Jacobs

Bearnado123

Jul 29, 2019
I think would be fair to choose not only one but some of leader mods. Like one core-mod and two sub-mods.

Really interested to see cross-mod crafting mechanics.

Then the first round thread will be longer than "They make you lose count".
I don't mean like just shout them in the thread but maybe form some sort of civilized suggestion system for the first round of voting.

Reactions: egor66

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Make a pack around Blood Magic and no other mods used to help with the grind so people finally understand how hard it is to get the OP stuff without other mods helping. Maybe then.... maybe... they stop saying BM is one of the most OP mods.

Reactions: Catfish3

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
*votes Pneumaticraft because it seems like a really cool mod that nobody ever uses*

*reads thread*

*high-fives Pyure and Lumaceon*

Aside from that, I think Chromaticraft could seriously use a good tutorial. There's so many mechanics in it that had no documentation at all, in-game or not, when I last checked.

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
Make a pack around Blood Magic and no other mods used to help with the grind so people finally understand how hard it is to get the OP stuff without other mods helping. Maybe then.... maybe... they stop saying BM is one of the most OP mods.

Speaking from experience, nothing will stop people from saying something is OP. Better to just enjoy Minecraft the way you want and pay no mind to the detractors. ;)

*votes Pneumaticraft because it seems like a really cool mod that nobody ever uses*

*reads thread*

*high-fives Pyure and Lumaceon*

Aside from that, I think Chromaticraft could seriously use a good tutorial. There's so many mechanics in it that had no documentation at all, in-game or not, when I last checked.

I'd also like to see a Pneumaticraft-centered pack. ;)

CasualKiwi

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to see some of the less commonly used mods as a lot of these seem to be used in a great deal of the larger modpacks. I chose forestry as it is a mod I never really play with and know very little about. I think some form of pack that teaches you new or less common mods would be really helpful.

Reactions: Pudding01

splashblue

Jul 29, 2019
How is Botania still this popular? I feel like everything in it got old quite a while ago.

Botania adds an impressive amount of content (bosses etc.), that's why I voted for it. And it doesn't already have 20 packs centered around it, like Thaumcraft for example...

Too bad, I was hoping for some shiny newcomers when I saw this thread :(

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
I know this is going to make me sound a misanthropic jerk grunting meanly at a cool idea here but...

...isn't this list a bit too, well, safe?

Basically every single mod in this initial list is one of those mainstay mods that has been latched onto the Direwolf20/Kitchen Sink paradigm since their introduction. Anybody playing modded Minecraft for more than a single Minecraft patchlevel is familiar with most of these mods already, if not capable of using them with their eyes closed.

Maybe I was expecting something a little more... Horizon-y from the idea? If anything, maybe even some of those mods with some community exposure but that quite often don't meet the cutoff for regular inclusion because of how different their progression feels, but without being a TFC/GT total conversion, like Mekanism or RotaryCraft?

I guess in this case I'll go with voting for Botania because I'd like to see people actually using it largely standalone without having all the cross-mod tools to make it simpler, but I figured I'd voice my concerns because I'm certain a number of people are willing to say the same things in a much less diplomatic manner if I don't get to it first. =)

Have you played Pathfinder that pack was more or less based on & made to highlight a single mod, for me that pack worked & was fun, if a little easy & short, but I did learn a lot about the core mod RFtools by McJty, personally I found the Pathfinder pack a little easy so I tweaked it to make it a little harder, packs are like that there is no one pack every one on the planet will love, its more a case of personal taste, I do agree that all the current mods in the list are ones I see constantly in packs, but I take it that's FTB's way of easing us into the new format.

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
If you don't vote for Railcraft you're just wasting everyone's time... A Railcraft centred pack with steve's carts would be awesome!

Agreed...IF Steve's Carts gets some bugfixes and love first. At the moment, Steve's Carts completely ignore several kinds of Railcraft rails, and even some of the blocks within Steve's Carts itself (i.e. the one that can enable or disable a cart's modules when passed over) are completely non-functional and are in need of fixing. ;)

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Agreed...IF Steve's Carts gets some bugfixes and love first. At the moment, Steve's Carts completely ignore several kinds of Railcraft rails, and even some of the blocks within Steve's Carts itself (i.e. the one that can enable or disable a cart's modules when passed over) are completely non-functional and are in need of fixing. ;)
Not gonna happen, but Vswe is making a new mod which incorporates Steve's Carts

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Considering it is literally used in every modpack it does not surprise me.
But at least you can make a pack with it being the center and main mod, forcing player to use other items instead of the usual farm/harvester.

What worries me is that AE2 is in second place!!! If it is to be different, it should be an option to not include AE in the pack! All the packs have it and there isnt much more that can use/experiment with AE being the main mod or a "secondary" mod.

In my opinion, AE option should be replaced by Logistical Pipes...

Reactions: lenscas and McJty
Status
Not open for further replies.