MineTweaker/ModTweaker - A help and suggestions thread.

Zebeleizis

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for posting so much but...

Quadrum textures became invisible at some point... and public documentation on Quadrum is almost nonexistent.

Example item :
{
"name": "dough",
"texture": "dough",
"max-stack-size": "64"
}

texture is named (dough)

The items exist and I can craft and cook with them but they are completely invisible. Originally just recolored some vanilla textures with gimp then tried to just rename things like coal(the vanilla texture...even tried textures from other mod packs that use Quadrum to bugtest) to (dough) but nothing shows up :(.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Try using SquidUtils for custom item creation?

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for posting so much but...

Quadrum textures became invisible at some point... and public documentation on Quadrum is almost nonexistent.

Example item :
{
"name": "dough",
"texture": "dough",
"max-stack-size": "64"
}

texture is named (dough)

The items exist and I can craft and cook with them but they are completely invisible. Originally just recolored some vanilla textures with gimp then tried to just rename things like coal(the vanilla texture...even tried textures from other mod packs that use Quadrum to bugtest) to (dough) but nothing shows up :(.
Quadrum textures don't agree with one of the video settings that vanilla added in 1.7. I think it was anisotropic filtering. Turn that off to fix them.

Zebeleizis

Jul 29, 2019
:)

I have started experimenting with SquidUtils Lethosos, thanks for the tip.

You were right thepheonixlodge it was anisotropic filtering making stuff invisible, many thanks :).

Zebeleizis

Jul 29, 2019
Attempts at compiling the modpack into a jar/zip/thingy have ended with crashing and sadness :( and more crashing and the deletion of minecraft several times(I deleted it :mad:).

I found many guides but they are contradictory and most often for a specific launcher...

Could anyone give me a link to a good 1.7.10 modpack creation guide?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Attempts at compiling the modpack into a jar/zip/thingy have ended with crashing and sadness :( and more crashing and the deletion of minecraft several times(I deleted it :mad:).

I found many guides but they are contradictory and most often for a specific launcher...

Could anyone give me a link to a good 1.7.10 modpack creation guide?
How to do it in a five simple steps:
1) Download winrar
2) open the directory which contains mods, scripts, configs, etc. folder.
3) Hold ctrl+left click on any folder you NEED to pack (usually just the mods, configs, and scripts folders) - I don't know the shortcut for mac/linux to select multiple folders (sorry)
4) right click, and press "add to archive"
5) select the ZIP option, and name the file what you want

Done. You have now compiled your mod pack into a folder which you can use to distribute your mod pack with.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
The vanilla launcher.

@jordsta95 That means people have to unzip the thingy in their minecraft folder. I thought it was possible to just have the modpack as a jar or something to add to the mods folder.
No. This is why mod pack launchers are so popular. Because the mod pack dev uploads the zip, then the launcher automatically extracts the zip, puts it in the right place, and all that good stuff

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
mods.thaumcraft.Crucible.addRecipe("ASPECTS",<magicalcrops:magicalcrops_ModMagicSeedsThaumcraftShard>,<magicalcrops:magicalcrops_MagicSeedsEssence>,"praecantatio 16, ordo 2, terra 2");
This is not working, does anyone know why?

EDIT:(Slightly Tweaked for Balance, still doesn't work) mods.thaumcraft.Crucible.addRecipe("ASPECTS",<magicalcrops:magicalcrops_ModMagicSeedsThaumcraftShard>,<magicalcrops:magicalcrops_MagicSeedsEssence>,"praecantatio 16, ordo 2, herba 2");

Last edited:

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
mods.thaumcraft.Crucible.addRecipe("ASPECTS",<magicalcrops:magicalcrops_ModMagicSeedsThaumcraftShard>,<magicalcrops:magicalcrops_MagicSeedsEssence>,"praecantatio 16, ordo 2, terra 2");
This is not working, does anyone know why?

EDIT:(Slightly Tweaked for Balance, still doesn't work) mods.thaumcraft.Crucible.addRecipe("ASPECTS",<magicalcrops:magicalcrops_ModMagicSeedsThaumcraftShard>,<magicalcrops:magicalcrops_MagicSeedsEssence>,"praecantatio 16, ordo 2, herba 2");
Which version of modtweaker are you using?
Some of the later versions stopped working for some reason, try 0.7.x, and see if it still doesn't work

Durpady

Jul 29, 2019
Made an account so I could post here.

I'm trying to implement ExtraTiC's Red Aurum through ModTweaker, but whenever I try to enter it, it spits out "could not resolve (Red Aurum Ingot/block/fluid).
My code as it stands is:
Code:
//Red Auram Implementation
# Alloying
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.addAlloy(<liquid:red_aurum.molten> * 2, [<liquid:fairy.molten> * 1, <liquid:pokefennium.molten> * 1]);
#Block/item recipes
recipes.addShapeless(<ExtraTiC:blockFunStuff:2>, [<ExtraTiC:ingotFunStuff:2> * 9]);
recipes.addShapeless(<ExtraTiC:ingotFunStuff:2> * 9, [<ExtraTiC:blockFunStuff:2>]);
#casting
mods.tconstruct.Casting.addBasinRecipe(<ExtraTiC:blockFunStuff:2>, <liquid:red_aurum.molten> * 1296, null, false, 20);
mods.tconstruct.Casting.addTableRecipe(<ExtraTiC:ingotFunStuff:2>, <liquid:red_aurum.molten> * 144, <TConstruct:metalPatern:0>, false, 20);

What am I doing wrong, if anything? Or is this just impossible with the current version of ExtraTiC?

Also, I can't get setAbility working (trying to add Weakness to Void Metal and Ignite to Fiery; y'know, stuff that should already be there), but I can't even get it to add Writable to Wood.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Made an account so I could post here.

I'm trying to implement ExtraTiC's Red Aurum through ModTweaker, but whenever I try to enter it, it spits out "could not resolve (Red Aurum Ingot/block/fluid).
My code as it stands is:
Code:
# Alloying
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.addAlloy(<liquid:red_aurum.molten> * 2, [<liquid:fairy.molten> * 1, <liquid:pokefennium.molten> * 1]);
#Block/item recipes
recipes.addShapeless(<ExtraTiC:blockFunStuff:2>, [<ExtraTiC:ingotFunStuff:2> * 9]);
recipes.addShapeless(<ExtraTiC:ingotFunStuff:2> * 9, [<ExtraTiC:blockFunStuff:2>]);
#casting
mods.tconstruct.Casting.addBasinRecipe(<ExtraTiC:blockFunStuff:2>, <liquid:red_aurum.molten> * 1296, null, false, 20);
mods.tconstruct.Casting.addTableRecipe(<ExtraTiC:ingotFunStuff:2>, <liquid:red_aurum.molten> * 144, <TConstruct:metalPatern:0>, false, 20);

What am I doing wrong, if anything? Or is this just impossible with the current version of ExtraTiC?

Also, I can't get setAbility working (trying to add Weakness to Void Metal and Ignite to Fiery; y'know, stuff that should already be there), but I can't even get it to add Writable to Wood.
Code:
# Alloying
# Block/item recipes
# Casting
Try replacing what you had with this, all I have done is add spaces after your #'s As I think that MAY have caused issues (though it shouldn't). Other than that, i don't see any issues

Could you also just say what version of Modtweaker(2) you are using? If it's 0.8.x, just try lowering to 0.7.x as there seems to be a lot of issues with 8.
Also, if you have more in that one script, than what you have posted here, it may be an idea just to link that, just in case something is missing/not working.

If you have multiple scripts you could add:
print("Script Loaded"); (with "script" replaced with the script's file name)
e.g.:
Code:
# Alloying
# Block/item recipes
# Casting

//check script load
print("Red Auram Loaded");

Durpady

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using 0.8.2, but for what it's worth reverting to 0.8.0 (since research told me the issues appeared in 0.8.1) didn't work. I'll try 0.7.x, though. The Abilities code (in the same document) is:

Code:
//Abilities
mods.tconstruct.ToolStats.setAbility("Fiery", "ignite");
mods.tconstruct.ToolStats.setAbility("Void Metal", "weakness");
mods.tconstruct.ToolStats.setAbility("Wood", "writeable");
I know the last line might need to be "writable", but I was out of ideas for what would make it work, so I deliberately typo'd it. Also, in case it affects assigning things, Void Metal lists as "material.voidmetal" when viewing its TiCon material stats in NEI.

The other lines in the document are for tossing Thaumcraft Ore Clusters in the Smeltery for quadruple metal production, but those are working correctly. But in case anyone else wants them:

Code:
//Thaumcraft Clusters
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.addMelting(<Thaumcraft:ItemNugget:16>, <liquid:iron.molten> * 576, 800, <minecraft:iron_block>);
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.addMelting(<Thaumcraft:ItemNugget:31>, <liquid:gold.molten> * 576, 600, <minecraft:gold_block>);
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.addMelting(<Thaumcraft:ItemNugget:17>, <liquid:copper.molten> * 576, 600, <TConstruct:MetalBlock:3>);
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.addMelting(<Thaumcraft:ItemNugget:18>, <liquid:tin.molten> * 576, 300, <TConstruct:MetalBlock:5>);
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.addMelting(<Thaumcraft:ItemNugget:19>, <liquid:silver.molten> * 576, 600, <Metallurgy:precious.block:1>);
(I don't have a mod that adds lead installed, so it's not in there)

EDIT: nope, still not working. Here's a section from the log (from the last time I did /mt reload):
Code:
Adding command minetweaker
INFO: Adding minetweaker command mfr
ERROR: ExtraTiC.zs:16: Could not resolve <liquid : red_aurum . molten>
ERROR: ExtraTiC.zs:18: Could not resolve <ExtraTiC : ingotFunStuff : 2>
ERROR: ExtraTiC.zs:19: Could not resolve <ExtraTiC : ingotFunStuff : 2>
ERROR: ExtraTiC.zs:21: Could not resolve <liquid : red_aurum . molten>
ERROR: ExtraTiC.zs:22: Could not resolve <ExtraTiC : ingotFunStuff : 2>
ERROR: ExtraTiC.zs:22: Could not resolve <liquid : red_aurum . molten>
INFO: Changing material stats field : + ability for Fiery
INFO: Changing material stats field : + ability for Void Metal
INFO: Changing material stats field : + ability for Wood
INFO: Adding Smeltery - Melting Recipe for :Native Iron Cluster
INFO: Adding Smeltery - Melting Recipe for :Native Gold Cluster
INFO: Adding Smeltery - Melting Recipe for :Native Copper Cluster
INFO: Adding Smeltery - Melting Recipe for :Native Tin Cluster
INFO: Adding Smeltery - Melting Recipe for :Native Silver Cluster
ERROR: Error executing ExtraTiC.zs: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at ExtraTiC.__script__(ExtraTiC.zs:16)
    at __ZenMain__.run(ExtraTiC.zs)
    at minetweaker.runtime.MTTweaker.load(MTTweaker.java:157)
    at minetweaker.MineTweakerImplementationAPI.reload(MineTweakerImplementationAPI.java:624)
    at minetweaker.MineTweakerImplementationAPI$1.execute(MineTweakerImplementationAPI.java:82)
    at minetweaker.MineTweakerImplementationAPI$19.execute(MineTweakerImplementationAPI.java:610)
    at minetweaker.mc1710.server.MCServer$MCCommand.func_71515_b(MCServer.java:124)
    at net.minecraft.command.CommandHandler.func_71556_a(CommandHandler.java:94)
    at net.minecraft.network.NetHandlerPlayServer.func_147361_d(NetHandlerPlayServer.java:739)
    at net.minecraft.network.NetHandlerPlayServer.func_147354_a(NetHandlerPlayServer.java:718)
    at net.minecraft.network.play.client.C01PacketChatMessage.func_148833_a(SourceFile:37)
    at net.minecraft.network.play.client.C01PacketChatMessage.func_148833_a(SourceFile:9)
    at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager.func_74428_b(NetworkManager.java:212)
    at net.minecraft.network.NetworkSystem.func_151269_c(NetworkSystem.java:165)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:659)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547)
    at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:111)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)
INFO: Adding furnace recipe for <minecraft:rotten_flesh>
INFO: Adding recipe for Mossy Stone Bricks
INFO: Adding furnace recipe for <minecraft:stonebrick>

Last edited: