mekanism ore processing plant

Liquid Klone

Jul 29, 2019
i discovered a great mod. and its pretty fun trying to figure out how t use it, but i am hacing trouble automating it. say i want to put ore into my purification chamber, then into crusher, enrichment chamber, energised smelter. do i have to use pipes? i have tried setting them next to each other and fiddling with imput output but ibcant get it going.

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
Yes you can, there is a big "A" button in the config tab which is auto eject, push it and it will auto eject to the dark blue side, and if there is a machine on that side set to dark red(input), it will take it.

Note however that it will not retry to auto output if he couldn't at the end of a processing.
Your best bet is to make all your machines into elite factories, I never had that issue with them.

Liquid Klone

Jul 29, 2019
yeah im processing my first batch of ores now. now i just got to figure out power generation becausebthays my choke point lol. i hate that i cant use my extra biomes and twilight saplings. i have so much.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
For power, you might wanna try the hydrogen generator with the electrolytic separator. Last I used, it is power positive.

And did you surround your heat generator with at least 4 lava source blocks? It will provide some passive power gen that way.

If you have Atomic Science installed, you might wanna upgrade to the fusion reactor once you can afford it and run lots of reactor turbines. It will power a lot of things.

Reactions: PhantomRage

Liquid Klone

Jul 29, 2019
well i finally got the seperator working after much tinkering. i want to stick with pure mechanism power so ill probably need a bank of these to work. maybe try my hands on some bio fuel. can i edit config to make bio fuek with extra biomes and twilight saplings?

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
They used to work side by side like Thermal Expansion machine style but the last update messed it up completely. It kinda works then doesn't then does, then gives up altogether. It still works side by side in SSP if you mess with it enough and figure out what not to set but in SMP ... it's broke, along with a few other things (some of which are fixed in the new builds).

Edit - We updated to build #529 earlier and side-by-side automation is back working great.

Last edited:

Liquid Klone

Jul 29, 2019
i decided to mess around with the rotary comparator...thingy. i know i have the name wrong. but i am afk. it corrupted my world. yay me. spent all day rebuilding houseon a new world.

Algester

Jul 29, 2019
my basic set up with Mekanism is a TE pulverizer set to output to my Elite Smelter Factory and the power is generated by wind turbines conected to a redstone power cell from TE and that Elite Factory is connected to a chest I'm really liking Mekanism at this point because of the integration with TE is very very smooth... I know my redstone furnace is not going to like me for ditching it but I needed something better to proccess my ores and TE pulverizer does whatI love giving me bonus ores smelted by the factory. below that line is my Metallurgy line which is composed of an enriching elite factory then to a smelter then to a chest, last on the line is a basic crusher, well bugs asides that went through Mekanism builds but other than that I'm loving the mod compared to IC2, IC2 was more of a mental bungle for me

They used to work side by side like Thermal Expansion machine style but the last update messed it up completely. It kinda works then doesn't then does, then gives up altogether. It still works side by side in SSP if you mess with it enough and figure out what not to set but in SMP ... it's broke, along with a few other things (some of which are fixed in the new builds).

Edit - We updated to build #529 earlier and side-by-side automation is back working great.

This happened because Aidan messed up the faces of his machines when he added the functionality to use right click for reverse color changing on the output guis I remember me and Bevo reporting it to Aidan

Last edited:

Liquid Klone

Jul 29, 2019
i just discovered the digital miner and oh my god! It is so sweet. i have been crying for gold because its the only thing i am short on. i just placed a spare lapitron crystal because i had spare rubies and i dont have to connect it to my main power. it quickly found over 200!

Greylocke

Jul 29, 2019
my basic set up with Mekanism is a TE pulverizer set to output to my Elite Smelter Factory and the power is generated by wind turbines conected to a redstone power cell from TE and that Elite Factory is connected to a chest I'm really liking Mekanism at this point because of the integration with TE is very very smooth... I know my redstone furnace is not going to like me for ditching it but I needed something better to proccess my ores and TE pulverizer does whatI love giving me bonus ores smelted by the factory. below that line is my Metallurgy line which is composed of an enriching elite factory then to a smelter then to a chest, last on the line is a basic crusher, well bugs asides that went through Mekanism builds but other than that I'm loving the mod compared to IC2, IC2 was more of a mental bungle for me
Although the "bonus ores" that TE can generate are nice, if you used the four Mekanism processing machines, you'd get triple your input an all your ores all the time. The Purification Chamber is kinda pricey, but triple your ores is well worth it.

Reactions: PierceSG

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
I'm kind of liking Mekanism's ore processing chain, and since we're on this topic, anyone knows how to evenly spread the workload for the factories? I've them all auto ejecting into the other factories but they all goes into the 1st slot, and will only fill the 2nd slot when the 1st is full.

Algester

Jul 29, 2019
the factories are smart as long as the first slot is taken and you dont have a backlog the second slot will have the next item on the chain that or give your factories some speed upgrades I normally give my farms 4 speed upgrades for smelting and enriching and to me the purification chamber is still not yet a go for me since I still need to get my TE cobble gen going for the flint needed but I also bumped up my ore gen so I'm not sure how that will affect my meta play

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Are they (smart, that is)? My own setup with all of them side by side now, from left to right, all are basic factories, in order: Purification, Crusher, Enrichment and Smelter. All on auto eject. But what happens is they will only auto input into the 1st slot, untill it is full before it throws the rest into the second slot. Even then, when the first slot has spot left, they will attempt to top it up, ignoring the second and third slot.

Algester

Jul 29, 2019
Are they (smart, that is)? My own setup with all of them side by side now, from left to right, all are basic factories, in order: Purification, Crusher, Enrichment and Smelter. All on auto eject. But what happens is they will only auto input into the 1st slot, untill it is full before it throws the rest into the second slot. Even then, when the first slot has spot left, they will attempt to top it up, ignoring the second and third slot.
hmm that or because I keep on processing stacks of ores I tend to get backlogged... but if that is indeed your problem perhaps the problem can be mitigated by adding some speed upgrades they can bee kept on upgrade BTW i imidiately skipped to elite factories upon getting the basic once because by then I have enough resource to make them now what I need is a dirt generator... sounds silly but you need them for advanced alloys...

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Forgot to mention that all of them have 8 speed upgrades in them, giving them x9 speed.

And dirt, yes. This is my very first time playing modded MineCraft that make me go, "Dayum, I need more dirt..."

Algester

Jul 29, 2019
I might consider using Atomic assemblers to make my dirt from atomic science or minechem... as theres no other way for me to make a dirt generator... without IC

Greylocke

Jul 29, 2019
... and to me the purification chamber is still not yet a go for me since I still need to get my TE cobble gen going for the flint needed ...
Park an electrolytic separator next to the Purification chamber and pipe O2 into it, instead of flint. Saves a lot of hassles, processing all that flint... ;)

Or if you really want to use flint and you have ComputerCraft, you can use lava, flowing water, and turtle to dutifully pick at the cobble all day.