mekanism ore processing plant

Jnelso99

Feb 24, 2013
Engineer's Toolbox cobble generator feeding a barrel, Factorization lacerator parked in front of it generating gravel, feeding a Mekanism crusher generating flint, transfer node/pipe to a hopper on the Purification chamber. Infinite flint.

All powered by eight heat generators into a basic cube, powering two eseps/hydrogen gens (at the moment - could handle many more), into an advanced cube. Except for the solar-powered lacerator.

Liquid Klone

Jul 29, 2019
hold on... are you guys still talking about not enough dirt? just take digital miner sonewhere you dont care about...mining world, for example. and mine all the dirt! currently, I made a no mining tunnel rule for my world, and its working fine.

Ken Tole

Jul 29, 2019
i know this thread is old so not sure if anyone is monitoring it. I have 2 electrolytic separators feeding oxygen into a basic purification factory and i can barely make it through 1 full stack of ore before O2 runs out. i then have to disconnect tube to factory so separators have time to refill. i am not using any upgrades on factory. it shouldnt take that much o2 to process a stack of ore.

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
i know this thread is old so not sure if anyone is monitoring it. I have 2 electrolytic separators feeding oxygen into a basic purification factory and i can barely make it through 1 full stack of ore before O2 runs out. i then have to disconnect tube to factory so separators have time to refill. i am not using any upgrades on factory. it shouldnt take that much o2 to process a stack of ore.

Build more seperators. Also to add to this thread, now the salination plant allows people to create dirty ore slurry which will ultimately quintuple (x5) your ores. I've only seen it do this for iron, tin, gold, silver, copper, lead, an obsidian. Still waiting for compatibility with other mods like dark iron from factorization and cobalt from TiC.

Reactions: Ken Tole

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Just an idea for dirt, use a forestry farm and moistener to make mycilum (spelling), place the block, break it, bingo dirt. Use the excess seeds/wheat to make Mek Biofuel as a bonus. Slow process. Mulch ends up as a waste product, but I added 2 custom recipes. 2x2 mulch = 1 fertilizer, 8 mulch and 1 gravel = 2 dirt.

I'm setting up a mekanism industrial area, but for added challenge I want to build the main structure our of seared bricks (plus ICBM concrete), which means a lot of clay (and water). I'm avoiding MFR sludge boilers, but I see Mekanism can make clay out of dirt.
Plus, I'm avoiding "infinite" water via source blocks or Accumulators, instead relying on railcraft water towers.
Highly expensive build, but, hey, it's something to do :D I'm still working on my brickworks at the moment before I even start on thinking of the ore processing system....

whd23

Jul 29, 2019

More flint would probably help as well. Also consider speed upgrades; the O2 seems to be consumed time-wise, not based on ore quantity. At least it seemed that both my O2 and flint consumption went way down when I upgraded my factory's speed (x8).

Just an idea for dirt, use a forestry farm and moistener to make mycilum (spelling), place the block, break it, bingo dirt. Use the excess seeds/wheat to make Mek Biofuel as a bonus. Slow process. Mulch ends up as a waste product, but I added 2 custom recipes. 2x2 mulch = 1 fertilizer, 8 mulch and 1 gravel = 2 dirt.

For both flint and dirt (and many other things) check out Minechem.

Igneous extruder -> Pulverizer (for sand) -> Chemical Decomposer = Si + 2O

Si + 2O in Chemical Synthesis Machine = dirt

Si + 2O in Chemical Synthesis Machine = SiO2

SiO2 in Chemical Synthesis Machine = flint

Note that the Chemical Synthesis Machine has a crafting grid for laying out the tubes which is why the same tubes are used in my example above but with different outputs.

Ken Tole

Jul 29, 2019
i havent had a chance to test the miner yet. if all goes well i can then ditch buildcraft as the quarry is only thing holding me back lol

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Digital Miner is, in my opinion, miles better than the quarry.
Easier to setup.
Doesn't destroy the landscape.
A choice to have filler materials for it to fill up the holes as it mines.
Can set it up to mine for specific blocks via the OreDictionary settings.
Can set it to silk touch ores.
Upgradable to work faster.
You can even set the minimum height, maximum height and radius to work with.

Balance wise: (I feel dirty saying that. :p )
It is costly in terms of materials.
Power requirement is pretty comparable to a quarry.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Digital Miner is, in my opinion, miles better than the quarry.
Easier to setup.
Doesn't destroy the landscape.
A choice to have filler materials for it to fill up the holes as it mines.
Can set it up to mine for specific blocks via the OreDictionary settings.
Can set it to silk touch ores.
Upgradable to work faster.
You can even set the minimum height, maximum height and radius to work with.

Balance wise: (I feel dirty saying that. :p )
It is costly in terms of materials.
Power requirement is pretty comparable to a quarry.

I'd say the Ender Quarry is still better, but the DigiMiner is a nice middle ground and retains usefulness for getting large amounts of a few resources.

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
I believe that the (Ender) Quarry is only better if you want even more cobble than you already have. The Digital Miner lets you cherry pick what you want out of the ground, and it even doubles up as a redecoration machine.

Reactions: PierceSG

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
I too, feels that the Digital Miner is better due to the fact that you can choose what to mine up, easier settings for the min. max. height and radius.
It is very configurable and to me that is a huge pro.

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
The DigiMiner, however, is horrible at long-term mining operations involving massive areas of land (aka a quarry). It's also very buggy when told to mine too much stuff.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I've been using the digital miner at max radius with no ill effects. What are these so called bugs you speak off?

Reactions: PierceSG