[MC 1.7.10] New World Mod-Pack [v0.0.7]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

SAFry

Jul 29, 2019
@OliveSkunk thanks for that!

I hope we can get the launcher installation working again soon, it's a lot for a new player to take in without having to do workarounds on the installation too.

I think for now I'll just stick to sending new starters a 7z with the whole MC folder, NWMP pre-installed. Thankfully it's not the biggest game 100mb including the mod-pack!

Cheers.

kylemcqueen75

Nov 4, 2012
@Everyone
I return home in 7 days. New World Mod Pack will be fixed and fully functional with support on Oct 19 by the latest. Until then, Buggy NWMP is here :p

SAFry

Jul 29, 2019
@kyle Excellent news, thanks for all your hard work. I think it's a testament to how good the mod was in the first place that this forum was so quiet for so long and as soon as something breaks a bunch of people sign in :D

BTW anyone, I have a pretty fast server on a node in London and could do with another 2-3 grown-up players if anybody is interested in joining us? It's 6.4.2 though.. just inbox me or write something on my profile or whatever.

Medraidas

Jul 29, 2019
I'll be honest i didn;t read much of the posts here, I installed the modpack, all the mods seem to be in the right location but when i start the game, no mods? Even if it were something to do with the installation, the mods are in the correct folders, seems like they would at least give some ind of error while trying to start it up.

Gibet

Jul 29, 2019
Hi Kyle :) Long time no see, hope all's good.
Some news :

feethebeast.fr is currently running a test server on your pack for testing in multiplayer and bug reports :)
treecap seems off in multiplayer, also mining seems bugged, but u probably heard about it already.
Alls good so far except the laucher problem that's possible to patch.

Couple remarks on the gameplay : lots of cool blocks but little endgame items, despite gregtech being present ....
Where the fuck is my advanced nano lol ? I'd like at least to have some good jetpack that lasts ... but i believe this is a deliberate choice to encourage trains ?
Also, ore generation seems pumped up a bit too much (maybe because of tinker ?), especially diamonds.
I like the rough start, the iron pick craft, etc ... very nice difficulty setting in my opinion.

Millenaire works marvelously
I really hope meteor mod gets updated for 1.5.2, it was another great addition to the pack
the numerous new food items i'd discard, though.
NO MAGIC at all is a bit ruff .... maybe you could add xenos reliquary ? just a suggestion :p
I'll tell u when the fr official serv comes up :) cya m8

gunsmoke162

Jul 29, 2019
I'll be honest i didn;t read much of the posts here, I installed the modpack, all the mods seem to be in the right location but when i start the game, no mods? Even if it were something to do with the installation, the mods are in the correct folders, seems like they would at least give some ind of error while trying to start it up.

Same here. I had to put in the lib files. You probably were missing a few. I replaced all of them. I solved this by downloading another modpack that uses mc 1.5.2 and copy pasted the lib files into the nwmp lib folder. I replaced the existing files with the new ones. If your doing the recommended version instead of a certain version of the mod and it asks "A new mod...do you wish to update?" select no. It should boot up with the mods and you are well on your way to playing nwmp again.

SAFry

Jul 29, 2019
FYI Kyle has posted on another forum that all the versions after 6.4.2 are betas for the new version which should be out shortly. So I wouldn't get too invested in a new world just yet especially a buggy 7.x one.

Also worth noting that when the new mod pack comes out they are restarting the public servers. I for one will be taking to opportunity to 'get in on the ground floor' as it were.

The other forum is http://newworldservers.net/

Jiminip

Jul 29, 2019
Could someone tell me the name of the mod that is directly above the direction compass please? The one that tells you what block you're looking at.

Thanks.

kylemcqueen75

Nov 4, 2012
Version 0.0.1 of NWMP_Reloaded is Uploading right now. I will update this thread once I get the Server Version up.

Javik

Jul 29, 2019
Doh, can you PLEASE fix this modpack, even if it's an old version? FTB New World 0.0.1 does not install correctly and hasn't worked properly for weeks!

It sucks to have a server dedicated to running this for several months building up a playerbase, and then having to tell everyone "Sorry, you can't use game without hand-hacking the broken client." MOST PLAYERS ARE KIDS THAT DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS STUFF. yeesh.

Also why is there another separate and unusable New World modpack on the Technic Launcher?

You are diluting and ruining the public image of your modpack with these broken, outdated clients. Eventually server owners are going to start jumping ship.

kylemcqueen75

Nov 4, 2012
Doh, can you PLEASE fix this modpack, even if it's an old version? FTB New World 0.0.1 does not install correctly and hasn't worked properly for weeks!

It sucks to have a server dedicated to running this for several months building up a playerbase, and then having to tell everyone "Sorry, you can't use game without hand-hacking the broken client." MOST PLAYERS ARE KIDS THAT DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS STUFF. yeesh.

Also why is there another separate and unusable New World modpack on the Technic Launcher?

You are diluting and ruining the public image of your modpack with these broken, outdated clients. Eventually server owners are going to start jumping ship.
This isn't my fault o.o Talk to FTB and find out why their launcher is faulting on the download. I have no control bud.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
This isn't my fault o.o Talk to FTB and find out why their launcher is faulting on the download. I have no control bud.

Download issues that match the one in this thread (connection refused) are to be posted in this thread:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/issues-with-connecting-please-report-them-here.33823/

It would surely be useful for Kyle and myself (tech support) to know what you're actually talking about. If it's the issue I spoke about above, then report it there.

Who helps with whatever you're talking about is entirely dependent on what the actual problem is.

Javik

Jul 29, 2019
It appears the 6.4.2 client release was improperly constructed, and it is now impossible to get it to download cleanly automatically for new players.

1. Rename any existing "NewWorldModPack" mod folder
2. Select 6.4.2 in the New World client list.
3. Launch

"There was a fatal error starting up Minecraft and FML."

Launcher log:
2013-11-04 21:12:48 [INFO] [ForgeModLoader] Downloading file http://files.minecraftforge.net/fmllibs/bcprov-jdk15on-148.jar
2013-11-04 21:12:48 [SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] There was a problem downloading the file bcprov-jdk15on-148.jar automatically. Perhaps you have an environment without internet access. You will need to download the file manually or restart and let it try again
[....]
2013-11-04 21:12:48 [INFO] [ForgeModLoader] Downloading file http://files.minecraftforge.net/fmllibs/scala-library.jar
2013-11-04 21:12:48 [SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] There was a problem downloading the file scala-library.jar automatically. Perhaps you have an environment without internet access. You will need to download the file manually or restart and let it try again

Minecraft Forge has renamed these files in their file repository to intentionally break downloading of them, because modpack authors were not constructing their modpacks the way the Forge people wanted things done:

Thread: files.minecraftforge.net/fmllibs has two misnamed jars (bcprov/scala)

there are two files that are named in a way that fouls up FTB loading certain mod packs.

scala-library.jar.stash
bcprov-jdk15on-148.jar.stash

It's causing a major headache because the Launcher for FTB expects to find the files

scala-library.jar
bcprov-jdk15on-148.jar

luacs1998 / Administrator:

As I've mentioned in PM, it's the modpack's responsibility to ensure they have EVERYTHING needed for loading minecraft, even the libraries. That's our official stance, the change was done on purpose, and we are not going to revert it.

Javik

Jul 29, 2019
Another thread about why the New World 6.4.2 modpack is no longer working:
http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php/topic,12948.0.html

ordos: It seems that some files are missing from the server. The files seem to be still available on http://files.minecraftforge.net/fmllibs/ but have a .stash extension.

LexManos Forge Code God /Reality Controller:

This is intentional, it's designed to break mod packs which should be shipping these libraries.
Considering it was killing our server it's a necessary evil.
So your choice are 1) Stop using 1.5.2 seriously dude, theres no reason to not update and if you say 'oh my mods arnt updated' go bitch at the mod authors to stop being lazy
2) Manually install the libraries from the link provided in the EAQ.
or 3) If using a mod pack, go complain to the mod pack authors to do there job correctly.

Javik

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding "7.0 / New World Reloaded":

The way the 6.4.2 New World modpack has been managed, really sucks. We held out for a long time during your bootcamp in hopes that New World would eventually be updated, and we kept investing more time in running a stagnating server and trying to expand the playerbase.

To be basically f****d over and told it'll now never update, 6.4.2 is a dead modpack, we need to dump our existing server and map, and start over etc. Simply unbelievable. We wasted so much of our time waiting for you to come back to update it, for nothing.

And yet now you're reusing the exact same old modpack name and brand, for this new "Reloaded" that's actually a completely different modpack, and releasing new clients under the old modpack name that don't work at all with the old 6.4.2 server, with no indication in the New World launcher description AT ALL what is going on or why nothing is working anymore....

D'oh.

What's to say you're not going to suddenly flake out all over again with the future support for this 7.x thing?

I think we're about done with you and your modpacks. I don't think we want to get involved in another modpack built by just one maverick guy working alone, who may suddenly get a "great new idea" and launch off in a new direction yet again, suddenly dumping all the people that were relying on him for the previous pack.

kylemcqueen75

Nov 4, 2012
Regarding "7.0 / New World Reloaded":

The way the 6.4.2 New World modpack has been managed, really sucks. We held out for a long time during your bootcamp in hopes that New World would eventually be updated, and we kept investing more time in running a stagnating server and trying to expand the playerbase.

To be basically f****d over and told it'll now never update, 6.4.2 is a dead modpack, we need to dump our existing server and map, and start over etc. Simply unbelievable. We wasted so much of our time waiting for you to come back to update it, for nothing.

And yet now you're reusing the exact same old modpack name and brand, for this new "Reloaded" that's actually a completely different modpack, and releasing new clients under the old modpack name that don't work at all with the old 6.4.2 server, with no indication in the New World launcher description AT ALL what is going on or why nothing is working anymore....

D'oh.

What's to say you're not going to suddenly flake out all over again with the future support for this 7.x thing?

I think we're about done with you and your modpacks. I don't think we want to get involved in another modpack built by just one maverick guy working alone, who may suddenly get a "great new idea" and launch off in a new direction yet again, suddenly dumping all the people that were relying on him for the previous pack.
This is not the place to flame about what you think the problems with NWMP are. Please, if you have any problems with the way things were done before I returned, have the contact info for Johnny Cushman, who controlled everything while I was away.

I told everyone that the pack would not update, to any major versions. I also said (this is all right before I left for IET, just so everyone is clear) that the pack would update and make small changes. Now, while I was gone Johnny decided to ignore that fact and update the pack by adding and removing a few mods. They were not big changes but, hey he still decided to not do as I asked while I was gone. He is now long gone buddy. Sorry for the problems with the pack v7.0 and below, I really had nothing to do with any of the versions(Well, the versions while i was gone obviously.) I did try and fix his mistakes in the pack with v7.1 and above, but apparently while I was away learning to fucking kill a man, forge and mojang changed EVERYTHING up. I again, I am so sorry that my updates had forced you are restart your....GAME. I did not know, at the time, forge said "fuck you" to everyone and changed the shit for downloads. Once I learned, it was a pretty easy fix and I was able to start work on NWMP_Reloaded. (BTW The name is just a name, don't worry about what i want to call the pack, its just a way for players to question and read to find out "hey, kyles back and NWMP_Reloaded isn't fucking bullshit anymore.")

Also, as for NWMP_Reloaded. I just got the first version out yesterday....FTB updated it to v0.0.2 because of a small error I made that caused the download not to work. (Sorry Im not perfect.) The server version is up for you to download at any point because I started the uploads right before I went to sleep. Give me more than 2 weeks to get this shit sorted. I am sorry to everyone, but I have missed my family, I have missed having freedom and my friends. I DID NOT come back to start to immediately start work on NWMP. I give my time in order of Importance. My Family, My Friends, My Duties as a US Solider and then Minecraft. If you don't like the pack, please for the love Jesus Christ, don't play it. Tell your friends not to play it, start a campaign to bring NWMP to the ground. I really don't care, i do this for the people who enjoy the pack.

Anyway, sorry for the language. I am not "mad." I am annoyed. There is a difference. Have a nice day man. BTW I got home OCT 18th. Your definition of "Weeks" the NWMP_R 0.0.1 hasn't been working is a little misconstrued, try about 4-6 days. [DOUBLEPOST=1383693492][/DOUBLEPOST]
Download issues that match the one in this thread (connection refused) are to be posted in this thread:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/issues-with-connecting-please-report-them-here.33823/

It would surely be useful for Kyle and myself (tech support) to know what you're actually talking about. If it's the issue I spoke about above, then report it there.

Who helps with whatever you're talking about is entirely dependent on what the actual problem is.
Thanks for this info, but it was just some problem with the download. Some messed up Text file the launcher doesn't like seems to work its way back into the pack every now and again.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
D'oh.

That's unnecessary. You aren't being forced to use his modpack. He doesn't make money off of it. He made this pack because he wanted to. Not for people like you to shit all over his hard work.
Thanks for this info, but it was just some problem with the download. Some messed up Text file the launcher doesn't like seems to work its way back into the pack every now and again.
I know. I see several dozen posts about this same issue with 3rd party modpacks on the help desk every week. We aren't suppose to provide support for 3rd party packs because we're busy enough with official packs. I just tossed that here because it was right in the middle of a massive issue with downloading from the repo.

Edit: This is also a very common and well known problem. If you're having this problem (which should now be resolved) and you don't know about it: You need to learn to try to fix things yourself because it's all over the forums. With solutions. Myself, and the rest of the people who help Tech Support are always linking to the threads that have the problem explained and that contains a solution. So, now that the major modpack creators know and have pushed fixes, stop complaining about it and update. Don't want to update? Don't complain about it.

kylemcqueen75

Nov 4, 2012
Update Post is In order I think (Although if you follow the pack website you would know all of what I'm about to say anyway.)

So, just to clear up the versions thing.
v7.X IS NOT NWMP_Reloaded. I said it was "beta" for NWMP. As in DON'T USE THESE VERSIONS FOR ANYTHING BUT MESSING AROUND. :p They where just so I could figure out where I want to go and so you guys knew I was working on something. Also, I said a few times in posts at the NWMP Site. v6.4.2 was the last version of NWMP that would be some what stable. I stopped updating NWMP versions because the guy I left in Charge kinda screwed me over. Sorry about that, my bad judgement. But NWMP_Reloaded is becoming more and more stable when I work on it and I have a v0.0.3 just about ready for the launcher. :)

As for everything else, if you are using v6.4.2. It will require an updating Because Johnny did not want to do things my way and he just updated without testing or...well anything. He just threw 6.4.2 together and updated. I could not continue the pack the way I wanted to go, so instead of forcing you guys to restart AND get the same problems, I took opportunity of this and started work on NWMP_Reloaded. Yes, it still requires and restart from v6.4.2, but it is much easier to update the pack to newer versions and keep backwards compatibility. I am going to be around now for Quite a while. I will not leave for long again until November 15th 2014 when my Unit Deploys to Afghanistan. So don't worry about anything like what happen while I was away to happen again.

The update system has changed with NWMP_Reloaded. I have started over, and this time v0.0.1. So no more annoying v27.1, v27.2 ect. It will be easy to follow and it should run much smoother for you guys.

Anyway, as I said before. This pack is a hobby of mine that I love. I don't make money from this, I don't get to talk to famous people like some of you think(Maybe one or 2 ;D lol jk). I am no different than you guys except I was lucky enough to get the chance to make NWMP as big as it has gotten. And I hope with my Return and NWMP_Reloaded promising look, it will again continue to grow.

Thanks for your time and understanding (some of you :p)
PV2 McQueen
U.S. National Guard, Illinois

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Woah there Javik, keep the yelling down.

First, I can almost guarantee you will not find a stable, large, well built modpack that can persist persist for more than 6 months or so. Things just change to much. Might be different in the future, but that's the reality for now.

Second, it's kylem's modpack, he can do what he wants. I'm totally behind him whatever he does.

Finally, this is not the place to try to start a fight about it. If you don't like it, play something else.

Ninjaofquest

Jul 29, 2019
I'm looking forward to playing this pack again! This was one of my favorites earlier this year and now that it's (almost) working again I'll happily play it.

Awesome new additions, BTW!