[MC 1.7.10] New World Mod-Pack [v0.0.7]

StarSeekerDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Unsure if anyone still checks into this post, considering the last post was in December...but I'll give it a shot!

Hullo kylemcqueen75! Hope things are going well on your side. :) This is gonna sound like a bunch of ass-kissing (I hope not), I read that you are in the military, and this may not seem like much, but I worked for 8 1/2 years at the VA Hospital here in my hometown, and it's been a pleasure helping you men and women with everything I could do, even though I was just a Medical Records clerk. :)
(I put things in past tense cuz I retired last year)

Okay, now about your modpack! I hafta say, New World is my ultimate fav modpack. :) I've caught myself once playing this modpack from 10am to almost 3 in the morning! :p (no exaggeration!)
I had an issue with the entire Launcher that started last year, about the time when Java 7 came out. But that was fixed (darn newly installed anti-virus program). And a few days ago when playing New World everything was playing wonderfully. I even noticed new mods were installed into it, and I like them. Only mod I could see missing at the time was the Falling Meteors mod. I assumed that maybe it was buggy and maybe next update it'd be back. (otherwise I think it'd be kinda awkward to still have a comet in the logo)
The day after I played there was an update, and after updating there was no more minimap, and to my dismay, no more Millenaire! D:
I'm hoping it isn't taken out permanently, is it? Or is it a glitch on my part? It's not on the list of disabled mods. Out of all the mods in this modpack, my favs are TreeCapitator, Millenaire, and Falling Meteors.
If it has been taken out, well I guess I can still play it on Tekkit.

Sorry for the wall o' text here.

Reactions: kylemcqueen75

kylemcqueen75

Nov 4, 2012
Unsure if anyone still checks into this post, considering the last post was in December...but I'll give it a shot!

Hullo kylemcqueen75! Hope things are going well on your side. :) This is gonna sound like a bunch of ass-kissing (I hope not), I read that you are in the military, and this may not seem like much, but I worked for 8 1/2 years at the VA Hospital here in my hometown, and it's been a pleasure helping you men and women with everything I could do, even though I was just a Medical Records clerk. :)
(I put things in past tense cuz I retired last year)

Okay, now about your modpack! I hafta say, New World is my ultimate fav modpack. :) I've caught myself once playing this modpack from 10am to almost 3 in the morning! :p (no exaggeration!)
I had an issue with the entire Launcher that started last year, about the time when Java 7 came out. But that was fixed (darn newly installed anti-virus program). And a few days ago when playing New World everything was playing wonderfully. I even noticed new mods were installed into it, and I like them. Only mod I could see missing at the time was the Falling Meteors mod. I assumed that maybe it was buggy and maybe next update it'd be back. (otherwise I think it'd be kinda awkward to still have a comet in the logo)
The day after I played there was an update, and after updating there was no more minimap, and to my dismay, no more Millenaire! D:
I'm hoping it isn't taken out permanently, is it? Or is it a glitch on my part? It's not on the list of disabled mods. Out of all the mods in this modpack, my favs are TreeCapitator, Millenaire, and Falling Meteors.
If it has been taken out, well I guess I can still play it on Tekkit.

Sorry for the wall o' text here.
(This is gonna be a quick replay, and im sorry about that xP)
Thank you, very happy that you enjoy the pack. Falling Meteors mod has been perm. removed, long ago. As of right now, the newest version on the launcher is a recent build v0.0.5 and in this version Millenaire was temp removed, I have already sent v0.0.6 adding Millenaire a a few more mods. As for the minimap issue, I changed from Rei's Minimap to Zan's mini map quite a long time ago, I am unsure why you would not have a minimap :eek: I would suggest waiting until v0.0.6 is pushed on the launcher (Watchful11 is usually very fast about adding updated for New World) and delete your NWMP folder and download the pack from a fresh folder. Let me know about any problems you face, and I will be more than happy to help you out further. Also, v0.0.5 and forward are MC 1.6.4 so they will NOT be compatible with versions before it!

kylemcqueen75

Nov 4, 2012
Update
New World has finally been updated to MC 1.6.4! (As of Version 0.0.5)
Expect another update soon to v0.0.6, Server Files already ready at the OP!
You CAN NOT update from v0.0.4 -> v0.0.5, but you can update from v0.0.5 -> v0.0.6 (When Released)!
Please leave any feedback/questions here, thank you!​

Labigcheese

Jul 29, 2019
Update
New World has finally been updated to MC 1.6.4! (As of Version 0.0.5)
Expect another update soon to v0.0.6, Server Files already ready at the OP!
You CAN NOT update from v0.0.4 -> v0.0.5, but you can update from v0.0.5 -> v0.0.6 (When Released)!
Please leave any feedback/questions here, thank you!​

Hello.

I've got 2 questions regarding the update yesterday.

When I attempted to put the new update on my server, one of the mods, that's still in beta crashed my server. Are you aware of this problem and do you have a fix?

Secondly, when is the client side update going to be ready? I really want to use millienaire and was disappointed by it's removal in 0.0.5, so I'm glad that it's returned in 0.0.6.

Anyway, I think that the pack up to this build is great, any answers would be appreciated.

kylemcqueen75

Nov 4, 2012
Hello.

I've got 2 questions regarding the update yesterday.

When I attempted to put the new update on my server, one of the mods, that's still in beta crashed my server. Are you aware of this problem and do you have a fix?

Secondly, when is the client side update going to be ready? I really want to use millienaire and was disappointed by it's removal in 0.0.5, so I'm glad that it's returned in 0.0.6.

Anyway, I think that the pack up to this build is great, any answers would be appreciated.
v0.0.6 should be up on the launcher already, I left for drill right as I read the message from Watchful so I was unable to test it. I would like to see the problem you are having in detail, so if you could shoot me the forgelog I can help you out a bit more.

kylemcqueen75

Nov 4, 2012
If you are interested in a New World Mod Pack Server, you can redownload the pack and one will be provided! Or you can use this IP to join:
newworldservers.org:25674

kylemcqueen75

Nov 4, 2012
Quick Changelog for v0.0.7
+ Added PowerConverters
+ Added Waila
+ Added Enderstorage
- Updated Mods
- Fixed Crafting Issues with Chisel/Food plus/Open Blocks
Known Issues:
Random Recipes Wrong in NEI for IC2_exp.

Yocake

Jul 29, 2019
Help!!!! I'm new to FTB, and I don't know much about this website, but it seems that when I closed my launcher down to try to fix the RAM for FTB, it wouldn't load the modpack. I've spent a lot of time on my "New World" modpack world, and I really want to have the modpack back. I have no idea what happened, and it seems that it loads all of the other modpacks, to the extent I can remember. PLEASE help me!

Zombiewaffles

Jul 29, 2019
Also curious what happened here. I'm sure it is a simple mistake but I do hope it is fixed soon, my kids play on this modpack daily :)

Hellbrand

Jul 29, 2019
*****UPDATE!!!*****

Looks like their Download Server is down and ftb checks it every-time you start it up to see if the pack is available and well if the DL server is down it's not gonna register it.