May News

Feed the Beast

Jul 29, 2019
Modpack News

As mentioned in our town hall, we're working on an expert mode pack, the spiritual successor to Infinity Expert. It will be for Minecraft 1.11. We're still in the early stages, but we're hoping for a July/August release.

Map News

We recently opened applications for people interested in developing and building maps to join the FTB map building team. Interest was extremely high and we have taken on a group of talented builders to help develop future maps.

As part of the process we had the team develop an updated version of the 1.2.3 multiplayer map (as played by Direwolf20 and Nearbygamer in March 2012). The team developed a new 4 player map using the 1.2.5 insanity pack as a base. After a few small revisions we have decided to release this new map to the public. Whilst we have done our best to remove as many flaws as we can, a few small ones will likely remain and given the age of the pack, bug fixes and support will be minimal. The pack will release sometime this coming week.

Development of an updated version of the pyramid map on Minecraft 1.10 has started and will be followed by a second speed run challenge map. We expect to see these maps out sometime in June/July. Both of these will be built around a custom pack designed with map building in mind. You can follow along with the building of these maps on the official FTB twitch channel where parts of the build will be livestreamed.

Wiki Team

The wiki team is looking for editors. Head over there and get started!

Content Creator

reninsane.png

This month's featured content creator is Reninsane. He streams Mon-Fri at 9:30 AM to 5 PM GMT.

Last edited by a moderator:

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I asked this on the other news feeds post but I think it was over looked. will the reg Beyond pack be moving up to 1.11 or staying 1.10 after expert comes out?

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
I asked this on the other news feeds post but I think it was over looked. will the reg Beyond pack be moving up to 1.11 or staying 1.10 after expert comes out?
It depends on whether all the mods update. There's no real telling. It's still months out though, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
My plan will be to update Beyond to v2.0.0 once majority of all the mods move to 1.11 and become more stable, with the addition of some new mods that are only available on 1.11 at this time. If you choose to update your Beyond Instance to v2.0.0 old saves will break upon world load. If you use the Twitch app to play our modpacks then you can simply create a second profile with Beyond v2.X.X and not update the older one beyond the last 1.X.X version if you want to play on 1.10 and 1.11 There will me multiple disclaimers warning users of this. But as Watchful said this is still a ways away, most of the content isn't available yet or in a very unstable state, hence the delays on our 1.11 expert-mode pack.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
My plan will be to update Beyond to v2.0.0 once majority of all the mods move to 1.11 and become more stable, with the addition of some new mods that are only available on 1.11 at this time. If you choose to update your Beyond Instance to v2.0.0 old saves will break upon world load. If you use the Twitch app to play our modpacks then you can simply create a second profile with Beyond v2.X.X and not update the older one beyond the last 1.X.X version if you want to play on 1.10 and 1.11 There will me multiple disclaimers warning users of this. But as Watchful said this is still a ways away, most of the content isn't available yet or in a very unstable state, hence the delays on our 1.11 expert-mode pack.
Actually that works out perfectly. I'll be able to finish my lp magic run of beyond and get so recordings done in 1.12 minecraft. Then I can start a fresh reg run lp of beyond and since it will be 1.11 by then, hopefully, it will be like a whole new pack.

K

Kuktar

This news of the 1.11 pack makes me sad. I have stopped playing minecraft for a couple months trying to build excitement for the next expert mode pack. I played a lot of infinity evolved expert and loved it so i download FTB Infinity Lite 1.10 and played that in anticipation for Beyond and expert mode. Now there putting off till 1.11 I have not played minecraft since December 2016.... I guess another couple months will not hurt to bad. Still i can be sad for all this long wait. Anyone else with me on this?

Reactions: DeathOfTime

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
This news of the 1.11 pack makes me sad. I have stopped playing minecraft for a couple months trying to build excitement for the next expert mode pack. I played a lot of infinity evolved expert and loved it so i download FTB Infinity Lite 1.10 and played that in anticipation for Beyond and expert mode. Now there putting off till 1.11 I have not played minecraft since December 2016.... I guess another couple months will not hurt to bad. Still i can be sad for all this long wait. Anyone else with me on this?

No :D

[Edit] I still play Direwolf20's 1.10.2 pack among others. I haven't ceased playing Minecraft entirely since there are too many new features, both in mods as well as on Vanilla 1.11 and 1.12 (now in pre-release).

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
i tend to play a pack for a month. then take a week or longer break. for awhile there the breaks were fairly small. When i bought the game i would stop playing it for months. when i did play it would only be for a short time. that didn't really change until version full release 1.7. now though it is starting to feel like i am going back towards the long breaks. i am just not feeling the newness any more that i felt when i played a pack. they are all feeling very similar. i think that is a lot to do with my pack choices though, as much as the same set of mods being the core of most packs. also likely do to my play style.

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
Yeah 1.12 is going to be a massive change in modded.
Not so much, it's likely that 1.12 will be the next version we end up staying on for a significant amount of time. The big changes that were planned have been pushed back to 1.13

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Not so much, it's likely that 1.12 will be the next version we end up staying on for a significant amount of time. The big changes that were planned have been pushed back to 1.13
My post is not talking about the code it is about the recipe/crafting system in 1.12 which will change modded gameplay.

Edit: I just want to explain a little better. In 1.12 you get recipe based on your location, ach, and inventory/or crafting. So in 1.12 when they start modding for it mod devs will be able to lock/tier their mods behind Ach and locations. Or they will be able to add recipe books in the world that will be able to add secret recipes. It will be so much fun to see how the system develops in modded realm. As an example. The tech trees could lock their recipes out until you have redstone in your inventory or Draconic Evo could lock it's recipes out until you have a dragon heart. They could even tier it so when you get some recipes from mining Draconic ore, some from getting to the end, and the rest from killing a dragon heart and they could even drop recipe books on the dragon when you kill them for special drop only recipes.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeathOfTime

pakos2835

Jul 29, 2019
1.10 bad mod release, x1,5 ram, x1,5 cpu, incompatibilities with gpu hardware/drivers -mipmap/-aniso
and 1.12-1.13 i feel probably will bad too
1.7 remains one playable mod version for next years

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
1.12 is going to be a big change for mods. They are going to be able to do so much more with the mods now it is going to be great!

Drawdenion

Jul 29, 2019
So at this point, what is the ETA on Beyond 2.0.0? Is it still going to be a July/August release? Or will it come out sooner because Expert needed a lot of Modifications, that don't need to be implemented now?

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
So at this point, what is the ETA on Beyond 2.0.0? Is it still going to be a July/August release? Or will it come out sooner because Expert needed a lot of Modifications, that don't need to be implemented now?
Why would they not need to allot of the modifications?

Drawdenion

Jul 29, 2019
Why would they not need to allot of the modifications?
I figured they had to change recipes and progression around, to mix with the feel of Expert. Now that Expert is being pushed back, and we are getting Beyond 2.0.0, are they going to release it sooner? Or around the same time.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
My question was more to why they don't need the changes anymore but since they scraped the project and are starting new as of the newest new post for modded 1.12 it is a mood point ether way.

Drawdenion

Jul 29, 2019
My question was more to why they don't need the changes anymore but since they scraped the project and are starting new as of the newest new post for modded 1.12 it is a mood point ether way.
I never did say they would scrap them entirely. Just boost them to 1.12 and just release the pack as soon as mods come out for 1.11. That's what I was saying. Sorry if I was confusing lol