March News

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I just want to say one thing here up front a a 39 year old person who has lost both parents. Plz don't come on here and try to use that to pressure for earilier releases cause of that. That is Bad Form. I would never ever try that. I do send out prayers for everyone that has lost a parent to early in life but don't be that guy. Just wait it will be out when it is ready.

Can I just say here that I lost my mom on April 1 last year... I not only lost a parent but a favorite holiday as well. I demand April Fools day be moved as soon as feasible :D

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Ok someone help me out here? I was watching OMGcraft and he said in the episode FTB was bought out by Curse??? I can leave a link if it helps?

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
My understanding was that the contract was for them to run the FTB community on their service and the new launcher. Not for ownership of ftb.

M

MissingChromie

Where can I find the mod list for FTB continuum? I'm mainly interested in whether or not it has OpenComputers.

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
As I recall (this was several years ago) FtB and Curse merged... Perhaps I remember so well because I had just started with Minecraft about 6 months before.

A couple of years later Twitch bought Curse. A bit later Microsoft bought Mojang. It must be nice being one of the popular kids :D

FtB/Curse link: https://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/ftb-curse-update.42638/

Hmm. I thought that was the same post that talked about monthly competitions here with prizes. My mind must be fading, because if that was ever a thing, I don't remember it happening for very long if it did.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Hmm. I thought that was the same post that talked about monthly competitions here with prizes. My mind must be fading, because if that was ever a thing, I don't remember it happening for very long if it did.

You're correct, competitions were mentioned in that post :D

Dreamer1986

Jun 13, 2014
#1 I see you added that idea to the pack suggestions thread, no need to double post or to add it to this news thread where it does not belong.

#2 Ender IO for 1.12 just released and is very buggy both internally and when integrating with other mods. Everyone here knows that mod exists and will get it added into packs once it is ready.

/EndGrumpyOldManRant

#3 Feel free to help test Ender IO out and make a copy of the modpack and add it in, I know you wont be able to join servers but if you enjoy it that much you can at least have it for your SP world.

See, you say that the post does not belong here, but at least here someone replied, you, while in the other part no one did. But still I don't know the answer, will it be added once the bugs are sorted out? Same question about Blood Magic, which currently has some Chisel problems.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
See, you say that the post does not belong here, but at least here someone replied, you, while in the other part no one did. But still I don't know the answer, will it be added once the bugs are sorted out? Same question about Blood Magic, which currently has some Chisel problems.
It will most likely be add to Revelation and direwolf ones but the expert pack has been planned and set for a while now. Added any mod in now will just make the development time longer.

Dreamer1986

Jun 13, 2014
It will most likely be add to Revelation and direwolf ones but the expert pack has been planned and set for a while now. Added any mod in now will just make the development time longer.
Thank you for the reply! I care only about the Revelation pack, not the expert one, so that's good news for me.

K

Kuktar

No one missed your point and everyone understands. I'm sorry for your loss. But I agree that it was very poor form. It puts the modpack makers in a completely unfair position.

Yes you all focused on my poor form and missed the last part of my post. There are tons of let's plays continuum videos, I have watched all of them. The pack is well beyond alpha, there's less bugs in this alpha then I have seen in almost any pack to come along. So my main point was @tfox83 almost all the FTB one streamers are on episode 20 or 30 now. It's completely unfair that there alpha play through is almost complete and they are almost done with the pack and no point to make a non alpha stream. There not looking for bugs anymore. They're already playing.

Besides ftb has got really bad about talking about this pack. Not a single update about it's release date for 60 days now. Go back to page 1 on this forum. They used to release info weekly on pack creation. @slowpoke The founder of all this used to be much more involved.

Now at least you get my point. Cheers forum patrol. @Magzie @Drbretto @GamerwithnoGame

Maybe y'all can get like a troll police badge or something. Also take a look at how involved sevedus and darksoto are with sevtechages. You will see passionate people that want there pack to succeed. Take note on there business model. It reminded me of the smaller less corporate FTB.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Yes you all focused on my poor form and missed the last part of my post. There are tons of let's plays continuum videos, I have watched all of them. The pack is well beyond alpha, there's less bugs in this alpha then I have seen in almost any pack to come along. So my main point was @tfox83 almost all the FTB one streamers are on episode 20 or 30 now. It's completely unfair that there alpha play through is almost complete and they are almost done with the pack and no point to make a non alpha stream. There not looking for bugs anymore. They're already playing.

Besides ftb has got really bad about talking about this pack. Not a single update about it's release date for 60 days now. Go back to page 1 on this forum. They used to release info weekly on pack creation. @slowpoke The founder of all this used to be much more involved.

Now at least you get my point. Cheers forum patrol. @Magzie @Drbretto @GamerwithnoGame

Maybe y'all can get like a troll police badge or something. Also take a look at how involved sevedus and darksoto are with sevtechages. You will see passionate people that want there pack to succeed. Take note on there business model. It reminded me of the smaller less corporate FTB.
You have made you point very clear. Everyone here knows what the point was. You could have sent you point/s to tfox in a pm which would have keep it private between you and him. I never called you out only pointed out the comments like that should be posted as they were bad form. Personal attacks on the news forum isn't the greatest idea. Everyone you named go out of their way to make sure every one that needs help gets that help whether that is pointing them to the right forums to get the best help or just answering simple questions. At certain times we do need to stop people from being mean or obtuse. There is nothing wrong with that. If you have more problems with me or the others on your list it would be better for you to PM them with those issues.

K

Kuktar

You have made you point very clear. Everyone here knows what the point was. You could have sent you point/s to tfox in a pm which would have keep it private between you and him. I never called you out only pointed out the comments like that should be posted as they were bad form. Personal attacks on the news forum isn't the greatest idea. Everyone you named go out of their way to make sure every one that needs help gets that help whether that is pointing them to the right forums to get the best help or just answering simple questions. At certain times we do need to stop people from being mean or obtuse. There is nothing wrong with that. If you have more problems with me or the others on your list it would be better for you to PM them with those issues.

Nobody other than me has talked about the ftbone streamers... its really sad. my point is ftb released names of streamers so that the community can help find bugs to get the pack ready. but that is not what is happening at all.. instead everyone is talking about revelations and sevtech... im just really sad about it all.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Nobody other than me has talked about the ftbone streamers... its really sad. my point is ftb released names of streamers so that the community can help find bugs to get the pack ready. but that is not what is happening at all.. instead everyone is talking about revelations and sevtech... im just really sad about it all.
They already said they were doing that in the April news when it was release. and I already asked them to do that for a few News Updates.
Modpack News

FTB Continuum

We didn't quite make our internal deadline of starting testing by the end of last month, but we're close. We're going to have a few FTB One members doing an initial play test as soon as this week with a wider launch to all of FTB One in another week or two. Next months news post will include a list of the players on FTB One who are streaming the pack.

K

Kuktar

They already said they were doing that in the April news when it was release. and I already asked them to do that for a few News Updates.

Well you and a couple others have asked. Right now their is way more questions than answer's. This is why i liked the old town hall meetings. FTB is just really disconnected with this pack. they have been doing there thing but the community is just silently waiting and that in my opinion is not the best way to treat your community. I really appreciate you helping, don't get me wrong. Its not even you that's doing the community wrong but your willing to try and help. Its bad enough we have to wait every 30 days to get any news about anything, but to do it in silence is like omg really frustrating. 1 years ago I told my song we would have our own expert pack to start just like he watched me play with papa. Now i am playing sevtech ages wich was fun for like 4 days then it got stupid boring. it is so unpolished and does not have the FTB tools. LatvianModder is a GOD and with out his tools i cry at night.... he is one of the patreons i supported while playing ftb infinity evolved. I support the mod developers and ftb peoples when i am playing the pack with as much cash donations as i can give during my playthrough of a pack.

when i went to sign up for sevtechs twitch / patreon my heart just couldn't do it. FTB is the best!

Ok rant over.

Also if anyone is interested i am setting up an amazing server for the continuum pack. I bought the Intel Xeon 1285V6 the worlds fastest single threaded server processor. i also splurged on a 12GB/s Samsung 860 pro sas SSD. it goes 4600MB/s so i can actualy keep backups going every 10 minutes and nobody will even notice. mostly for restoring blown up bases and inventories. I also play a siege mode on my server so its extremely challenging. Mobs have x ray vision for 64 blocks and can path to you around obsticals and there is john cena creepers that are 10x better than original creppers. the siege starts on day 200. it gives you a reason to set up a base and defend it!! i also have titan mobs, ender mobs, lycanites mobs and infernal mobs yall have to worry about.

I dont like standard minecraft at all so i set up super powerfull servers with dedicated 1gig fiber and invite like 50 freinds and family. its a really fun time!

to stress test the server i started a revelations with 200 slots only 30 people ended up helping. all had 32 chunk rendering on and gave everyone the eftl bombs from tinkers. they are throwable tnt that drop items and ores. with 30 people blowing up the world and the tps never went above 21! now that is cool.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Well you and a couple others have asked. Right now their is way more questions than answer's. This is why i liked the old town hall meetings. FTB is just really disconnected with this pack. they have been doing there thing but the community is just silently waiting and that in my opinion is not the best way to treat your community. I really appreciate you helping, don't get me wrong. Its not even you that's doing the community wrong but your willing to try and help. Its bad enough we have to wait every 30 days to get any news about anything, but to do it in silence is like omg really frustrating.

This is mainly because we don't have anyone who likes writing news posts. Most of the people who have been around long enough to know everything that's happening don't have time to write comprehensive news all the time. I do it once a month, such as it is, simply because I believe as you do that there should be at least some news rather than just posts when a pack comes out. But I don't really have time to do anything more than that.

That's one reason I've started putting in that survey link asking people what they want to hear about is so I can do a better job with the monthly posts. If there's something specific I could do better, let me know.

K

Kuktar

This is mainly because we don't have anyone who likes writing news posts. Most of the people who have been around long enough to know everything that's happening don't have time to write comprehensive news all the time. I do it once a month, such as it is, simply because I believe as you do that there should be at least some news rather than just posts when a pack comes out. But I don't really have time to do anything more than that.

That's one reason I've started putting in that survey link asking people what they want to hear about is so I can do a better job with the monthly posts. If there's something specific I could do better, let me know.

That never occurred to me. World is alot busier than even just 10 years ago. I appreciate the news so much! Any news to me is good. It's better than the real news just bad stuff everywhere

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
@Kuktar I’m fairly sure I have actually mentioned one of the FTB one streamers before when talking about places to see Continuum - Krakaen - who is, by the way, only on episode 8, not 10 or 20 as you said, and since episode 8 has also changed the title to Beta, to reflect the status of the pack.

Now, I said nothing to you about the extraordinarily poor form of your earlier post. I could have, but I didn’t. So please don’t go throwing rudeness around. As @Magzie said, I do try and be helpful and point people in the right directions for things, or provide advice if they’re having issues, or suggestions if they’re looking for ideas. I’m not the best at it, and I’m always looking to improve, but I am at least trying.

I think Watchful has given you the answers you seek, as best as he can. As has been mentioned, time is a luxury many don’t have in abundance! :)

And as a side point, there’s no point in complaining about how much folks are discussing SevTech, that’s a third party pack that is beautifully designed for a really quite different Minecraft experience, and honestly damned interesting to watch, play and talk about. It’s also very polarising - there’s a spectrum of opinion on the pack. People should be chatting about it! There’s not a lot you can do about what people choose to talk about of their own free will dude.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Well you and a couple others have asked. Right now their is way more questions than answer's. This is why i liked the old town hall meetings. FTB is just really disconnected with this pack. they have been doing there thing but the community is just silently waiting and that in my opinion is not the best way to treat your community. I really appreciate you helping, don't get me wrong. Its not even you that's doing the community wrong but your willing to try and help. Its bad enough we have to wait every 30 days to get any news about anything, but to do it in silence is like omg really frustrating. 1 years ago I told my song we would have our own expert pack to start just like he watched me play with papa. Now i am playing sevtech ages wich was fun for like 4 days then it got stupid boring. it is so unpolished and does not have the FTB tools. LatvianModder is a GOD and with out his tools i cry at night.... he is one of the patreons i supported while playing ftb infinity evolved. I support the mod developers and ftb peoples when i am playing the pack with as much cash donations as i can give during my playthrough of a pack.

when i went to sign up for sevtechs twitch / patreon my heart just couldn't do it. FTB is the best!

Ok rant over.

Also if anyone is interested i am setting up an amazing server for the continuum pack. I bought the Intel Xeon 1285V6 the worlds fastest single threaded server processor. i also splurged on a 12GB/s Samsung 860 pro sas SSD. it goes 4600MB/s so i can actualy keep backups going every 10 minutes and nobody will even notice. mostly for restoring blown up bases and inventories. I also play a siege mode on my server so its extremely challenging. Mobs have x ray vision for 64 blocks and can path to you around obsticals and there is john cena creepers that are 10x better than original creppers. the siege starts on day 200. it gives you a reason to set up a base and defend it!! i also have titan mobs, ender mobs, lycanites mobs and infernal mobs yall have to worry about.

I dont like standard minecraft at all so i set up super powerfull servers with dedicated 1gig fiber and invite like 50 freinds and family. its a really fun time!

to stress test the server i started a revelations with 200 slots only 30 people ended up helping. all had 32 chunk rendering on and gave everyone the eftl bombs from tinkers. they are throwable tnt that drop items and ores. with 30 people blowing up the world and the tps never went above 21! now that is cool.
Ok what. For one Watchfull has nothing to say sorry for. How many times in a month someone needs to say "still testing" is beyond me. Once a month seems more then fair. If we look back to the past few years we see plenty of times they have done other updates or town halls. I mean the do habe other jobs to work. Not to mention all the info you talk about was posted on the op. Just another note this is the news thread and i am sure there is other threads to post about starting a new server. How about stepping back and asking if you would still be posting rants if the pack was out already. If the answer is no then the problem is the pack still not being and has nothing to do with news updates or the non communication.