March News

Feed the Beast

Jul 29, 2019
Modpack News

We are happy to announce the release of the FTB Pyramid Reborn, a brand new challenge map with a similar concept as the original FTB map released 6 years ago. Play by yourself, with or against your friends. Available now on the Twitch app and the FTB launcher.

pyramidRebornMenu.png
pyramidRebornGame.png

Included in the modpack, youtubers and streamers will find a press pack of official graphics to use with their content.

FTB Continuum

We didn't quite make our internal deadline of starting testing by the end of last month, but we're close. We're going to have a few FTB One members doing an initial play test as soon as this week with a wider launch to all of FTB One in another week or two. Next months news post will include a list of the players on FTB One who are streaming the pack.

Newsletter News

Ever notice that these news posts are a bit short? We need your help! If you have a topic about FTB that you want to see in next months news post, or something interesting happened in the community that you think should be shared, let us know by filling out the following form.

Click here!

Last edited by a moderator:

mti_

Jul 29, 2019
This is where it all began. Fantastic to see such a "quintessentially FTB" experience make a return.
Looking forward to this one!

e: Will there be an official discussion thread for the pack?

Last edited:

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Hey quick Question! Um are we supposed to start the map On top the Thing? Just checking.

Gaz_

FTB App
Team Member
Web Developer
Global Moderator
Feb 4, 2013
Hey quick Question! Um are we supposed to start the map On top the Thing? Just checking.
Right now yes, as vanilla MC spawns you on the first solid block regardless of where you set the spawnpoint and the mod that we were going to use to set the spawnpoint was crashing the pack. So infuture it might get changed to where we wanted people to spawn.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Right now yes, as vanilla MC spawns you on the first solid block regardless of where you set the spawnpoint and the mod that we were going to use to set the spawnpoint was crashing the pack. So infuture it might get changed to where we wanted people to spawn.
Couldn't you just set the world spawn using the player command?

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
How do you turn in items? IS it supposed to auto detect?

Note: Never mind Had to use the computer reset switch but to finally showed the item completed.

Last edited:
R

Relentless

What happened to Continuum? Any news on that one? :)
But also congratz for the release, I am happy to try it out since I didn't play the original map.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
The thing to remember is we asked for them to let us know when they would be streaming alpha testing and which people would. This means we may see videos as early as next week or so of actually gameplay.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
This is like just about the worst possible reply.

Patience is a virtue, young one.

You don't want it undercooked. So, just wait. It'll come out when it comes out.
A soft-launch is a thing. It was announced in October and its March. 5ish months.
A base look at the mods and the feel of the pack from the community before you spend excessive amounts of time working on recipes and such only to have it be a flop. Look at the Hypixel Prototype Lobby which is designed to prevent excessive development time into things which may not be popular post-release.

triggerfinger12

Apr 17, 2017
Rock
A soft-launch is a thing. It was announced in October and its March. 5ish months.
A base look at the mods and the feel of the pack from the community before you spend excessive amounts of time working on recipes and such only to have it be a flop. Look at the Hypixel Prototype Lobby which is designed to prevent excessive development time into things which may not be popular post-release.
And the complain train has left the station. Toot toot!

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
A closed beta is also a thing.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
One thing I have learned in the (hopefully) first half of my life is that it's almost always better to wait for something to be done right. You generally do yourself a disservice when you microwave something or pull it out of the over early. Cookie dough excluded, it's almost always better to wait.

This especially applies to video games, too. I've seen plenty a game I was looking forward to end up coming out half baked because they had to hit a deadline. It's really just best to chill and wait. There's a million other packs to play, and other games as well (you could also try socializing with actual humans, but that's just crazy talk :p).

I'm looking forward to Continuum, too, but there's no point in sitting here refreshing the page waiting for the announcement. I'm going to continue living my awesome life, and next time I'm ready to sit down and minecraft, I'll check to see if it's up. If it is, I'll jump on it. If it's not, I'll do something else that's available.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
To whom or where am I supposed to report the error that the entry for the "Garden Clothe" [sic] has, for both of it's entries, "Fix Me", in the FTB Home/Pyramid/Appendix under the heading Objectives and Rewards? Or does this only exist under certain specific circumstances, such as before having joined a team? I'm playing singleplayer so don't even know which team to join, if any.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid