Manufactio - Minecraft/Factorio hybrid

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Not sure how i feel about the inserters.
Tried to make a coal coke factory using them but they consistently failed to work when i loaded the world so I ended up úsing the dropping conveyors instead. While they cannot be covered, they fit nicely on top of the ovens and blast furnace.
Hmm, that's odd, I've got some looping setups in my test world (to test performance) and not noticed any issue. Perhaps the next update might fix those issues?
Just a random thought, perhaps the inserters are not seeing the multiblock structures on game load, so doesn't register a valid inventory? I'll do some testing.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Did a basic setup, chest to Inserter to Coke Oven to Inserter to Chest. All works on initial setup, and on a reload, still also works.

I've also looked into Pnumaticraft for Drones. Forgot the mod built it's version of Factorio drones. Initial testing working well, so will implement just the Logistic Drones from the mod (the rest will be "hidden/disabled"). You'll just have to build a "Roboport" using a Flux Pressure generator, advanced tubes, charging station and the various upgrades. All recipes will be adjusted, so it's only the pressure required to charge the drones, none of the special PC crafting (pressure chamber, PCBs, etc).

A

Anakardian

The only difference is that I was using a conveyor belt to transport coal down the line of 8 coke ovens and the same for taking the coal coke to storage.
These where the magneicraft conveyors and did work initially.
Not sure what the difference is or if it is just a hickup.

for now i am sticking to the IE belts and hoppers where a dropping conveyor will not do.
Might experiment later

A

Anakardian

I think i figured out wht the issue is with the inserters.

From my testing, it will only insert the contents of a slot, be it a chest, hopper or any other thing i tried. If the receiving slot can not accept the number of items, it stops until the slot can accept that number of items.
Tough luck if the receiver can only accept 1 item and the slot has more.
If the receiver expects 2 items, such as the gear press, and the inserter picks up one, same problem.

Trying to remove the stack and then putting them in one at a time does not clear the isse from the inserter.
Breaking the inserter gives back the ingots it is holding. Replacing it gives the same issue as above.

Attachments

• inserter issue.jpg
    inserter issue.jpg
    457.4 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I think i figured out wht the issue is with the inserters.

From my testing, it will only insert the contents of a slot, be it a chest, hopper or any other thing i tried. If the receiving slot can not accept the number of items, it stops until the slot can accept that number of items.
Tough luck if the receiver can only accept 1 item and the slot has more.
If the receiver expects 2 items, such as the gear press, and the inserter picks up one, same problem.

Trying to remove the stack and then putting them in one at a time does not clear the isse from the inserter.
Breaking the inserter gives back the ingots it is holding. Replacing it gives the same issue as above.
That is the behaviour I've seen.

The inserter will pick up up to a stack of an item, and hold it in it's claws until the receiver has room for what it is holding.

The next update should help there, as by default it now only picks up to 8 items at a time (with an optional upgrade to make it up to a stack).

With the Metal Press, I'd say Insert into a chest, and then use the IE item extractor to pull onto IE belts. From testing I found 4 metal presses can be run from what the item extractor pulls (set to slow speed) without too much "clogging" up in the queue.
Also, with Minecraft,I'd say put Buffer chests everywhere, due to the differences in the way Minecraft and Factorio handle entities, it'll help performance.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Next version now available.

Big update from my side, lots of scripting and quest book work. The research tree is now complete (hopefully), ready for Space & Nano integration (and some military stuff to finish off).

Cronos988

Jul 29, 2019
I am having trouble installing the modpack, I can only install v. 0.3. The newer versions give a "failed to get mod loader from manifest" error.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I am having trouble installing the modpack, I can only install v. 0.3. The newer versions give a "failed to get mod loader from manifest" error.
Interesting. I've just tied doing an install myself, and it also comes up with that error.

Looking online for an answer doesn't help, so I've contacted Twitch. This seems to be a twitch issue. I've sent a support email see if anything comes from that (I doubt it...)

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
This seems to be a twitch issue. I installed MultiMC, downloaded the 0.5 zip file, and installed it via MultiMC, and it works correctly.
That's one way.

The other, is install the 0.3 version, delete the scripts & mods folder, then download the 0.5 zip, and unzip into the Manufactio folder. This will give you the 0.5 version, just an annoying manual process.

Side note, just noticed from my testing I forgot to switch the quest book to non-edit mode and a couple of quests are missing (nothing major at this point in time). Douh! So easy to forget to do that when releasing an update.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Using this post as personal notes and brain farting, working out the Rockets & Satellites.

Research cost is the same as Factorio (1000 of each science)
Reusable system for gathering resources, especially for Mekanism & ProjectE. Need to launch a minimum of 3 Satellites to gather data that is then processed in an observatory, which allows for Asteroid Mining. Take Factorio built costs, and divide by 10, spread over all the various Advanced Rocketry blocks.
Streamline the Advanced Rocketry recipes as much as possible to use existing resources being produced by the factory.
Use Precision Assembler to allow for more than 9 ingredients in a recipe - test Logistic Requester Frame integration
Rocket Fuel made from Oil, not Water
Rocket Fuel is a liquid, not a solid item.
Need 2 new items, "Solid Fuel" and "Low Density Structure"
Research tree after the main research will be tick box progression to guide the process as there are multiple steps.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Some good news, Requester Frames work with Advanced Rocketry Input Hatches in the multiblock structures, only issue is, I found a bug :D They take up to a whole stack, but only deliver the requested number of items, the rest just vanish.

I was going to add a burn fuel value to the solid fuel, but Rocket Fuel is remaining a liquid only for use in Advanced Rocketry.

S

Skyrrel

I suggest adding Player's Choice to make Better Foliage, Dynamic Surroundings and Mo' Bends optional.
I believe VanillaFix is a must-have, it improves performance and prevent crashes from closing the game. BetterFPS, FastWorkbench (if there is crafting tables in your modpack) and FastFurnace can also be useful.
Have you considered adding Factory Tech? I don't know the mod but it seems to contain interesting automation.

Player's Choice: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/players-choice?gameCategorySlug=mc-mods&projectID=294419
VanillaFix: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/vanillafix?gameCategorySlug=mc-mods&projectID=292785
BetterFPS: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/betterfps?gameCategorySlug=mc-mods&projectID=229876
FastWorkbench: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/fastworkbench?gameCategorySlug=mc-mods&projectID=288885
FastFurnace: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/fastfurnace?gameCategorySlug=mc-mods&projectID=299540
Factory Tech: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/factory-tech?gameCategorySlug=mc-mods&projectID=278822

Reactions: Golrith

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Uploaded version 0.6 to curse. Unfortunately downgrading forge hasn't solved the Twitch installation issue (gah piece of #!$#%£)

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Version 0.61 now released, using the correct version of Forge that doesn't cause Twitch to have fits. Finally!

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I'd definitely check out VanillaFix, anything to help performance is welcome!

A

Anakardian

Finally back on this.

Noticed that the Combustion Generator quest still requires the removed generator. I assume this should have been a coal generator from RFTools instead.

A bit of self-promotion:
On a side note, I have tried to make a youtube video on my goofing around in the pack.
Link to it here:
Hope you don't mind.

Reactions: Golrith

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Finally back on this.

Noticed that the Combustion Generator quest still requires the removed generator. I assume this should have been a coal generator from RFTools instead.

A bit of self-promotion:
On a side note, I have tried to make a youtube video on my goofing around in the pack.
Link to it here:
Hope you don't mind.
Really, I missed that change? Well duoh.

I'll check out your vid later!

Reactions: Anakardian