Making your own pack

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

BreezyTaco

Jul 29, 2019
Can you provide a list of all the mods in your modpack? :)
Advanced machines, applied energistics 2, aroma core, asielib, BoP, blood magic, botania, buildcraft, carpenters blocks, chisel, code chicken core, compact windmills, electromagic tools, electromagnetic coherence, enderio, industrialcraft, inventory tweaks, iron chests, JABBA, mantle, m-ores, mouse tweaks, mystcraft, NEI, open eye, railcraft, TiCon, thaumcraft, twilight forest, voxelminimap, waila

Reactions: RealSketch

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Advanced machines, applied energistics 2, aroma core, asielib, BoP, blood magic, botania, buildcraft, carpenters blocks, chisel, code chicken core, compact windmills, electromagic tools, electromagnetic coherence, enderio, industrialcraft, inventory tweaks, iron chests, JABBA, mantle, m-ores, mouse tweaks, mystcraft, NEI, open eye, railcraft, TiCon, thaumcraft, twilight forest, voxelminimap, waila
It is most likely one of those.
Mabye back up your world and try disabling each one.

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019
In 1.6 use Crafting manager to alter the recipes.Worked on all my mods, and not just on a few.
The only lack, is the oredict altering.

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
May I just tell you now. I have attempted creating a modpack for hours over the past few weeks. It is no easy thing.
I'm currently dealing with a RotaryCraft ID conflict, I've tried about 30 different IDs and still no luck, note that this is 1.6.4.
I think I'm just going to update to 1.7 and use the mods that it brings us.
1.7 should be fine for creating though, I though it will be a lot easier to drag and drop mods without ID conflicts. :p
In the crash log it actually recommends Ids when the game crashes. You have to go into the folder for them though.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
In the crash log it actually recommends Ids when the game crashes. You have to go into the folder for them though.
I think that's only for some mods, a lot of mod authors don't recommend free slots when their mod crashes due to ID conflicts.
Anyway, my modpack will be for 1.7.2 = no IDs, yay! :)[DOUBLEPOST=1401139510][/DOUBLEPOST]
Electro magnetic coherence is to blame, thanks for the help
NP. It's what I'm here for. :)

BreezyTaco

Jul 29, 2019
I think that's only for some mods, a lot of mod authors don't recommend free slots when their mod crashes due to ID conflicts.
Anyway, my modpack will be for 1.7.2 = no IDs, yay! :)[DOUBLEPOST=1401139510][/DOUBLEPOST]
NP. It's what I'm here for. :)
Well, in testing getting rid of that mod fixed it but I just died in my survival world to a hydra and once again only my baubles stuff is there....[DOUBLEPOST=1401140383][/DOUBLEPOST]That wasn't it[DOUBLEPOST=1401140434][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm not even going to try anymore, I am going to wait til 1.7 mods are more stable and stick with 1.6 for now

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Well, in testing getting rid of that mod fixed it but I just died in my survival world to a hydra and once again only my baubles stuff is there....[DOUBLEPOST=1401140383][/DOUBLEPOST]That wasn't it[DOUBLEPOST=1401140434][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm not even going to try anymore, I am going to wait til 1.7 mods are more stable and stick with 1.6 for now
Yeah, 1.7 will be better, plus we will actually be in the same version as Vanilla players for once! :D

Elec332

Jul 29, 2019

Yay, then we'll have 10.000 more pack online because everybody feels their one is the best.
(While its probably their first one, since it has become very easy to make them, because ID's died in a fire)
(Thats also why some mod-makers that do have restriction for publication, have it because they keep getting crash logs from modpacks)

(This is not meant to appeal to people who have been making packs since 1.3.2 or so)

I hope thats gonna be an average thing :).
I dont think so :)

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
I'm holding off on 1.7.2, been working on it for a bit trying to make a pack, it's just an absolute nightmare... Bigger issues being rendering bugs, with no real "fixes" due to being an outdated version of minecraft...

I honestly feel like playing 1.7.2 is a mistake, it's a good call to get things set up, and prepared before the true time to move on for modders... But overall with what there is to work with, and the number of 1.7.(number here)version, I think it should be a danm clear indicator that it was a half baked version of minecraft to begin with.. It's in a transitional stage... And with .9 we have at the very least, a final attempt at version cleanup, and the real version that we play.. Forge 1.7.9 is on the horizon, Not going to waste my sanity dealing with bugs that are on minecrafts side that are version specific.

Id conflicts were a pain in the butt, but crash loops and having to start worlds over, disabling major portions of mods because of a dumb render bug? I'll pick the poisen I deal with in one swig, that let's me enjoy the rest of the experience.