Making your own pack

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Tornado3019

Jul 29, 2019
I was thinking that today should be the day I make my own 1.7 pack! *cough* and cry about millions of bugs *cough*... And, WOW bug- No bugs? I confuzled, how did that work.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
May I just tell you now. I have attempted creating a modpack for hours over the past few weeks. It is no easy thing.
I'm currently dealing with a RotaryCraft ID conflict, I've tried about 30 different IDs and still no luck, note that this is 1.6.4.
I think I'm just going to update to 1.7 and use the mods that it brings us.
1.7 should be fine for creating though, I though it will be a lot easier to drag and drop mods without ID conflicts. :p

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
May I just tell you now. I have attempted creating a modpack for hours over the past few weeks. It is no easy thing.
I'm currently dealing with a RotaryCraft ID conflict, I've tried about 30 different IDs and still no luck, note that this is 1.6.4.
1.7 should be fine for creating though, I though it will be a lot easier to drag and drop mods without ID conflicts. :p
IMO ID conflicts are easy thanks to the txt file generated, if having trouble check the ID range for the file. I believe it is in .minecraft, usually the screen pointing to the directory dissappears thanks to the crash,mbut it should be in .mimecraft or the modpack equivalent. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1400998841][/DOUBLEPOST]
i think that 1.7 is DA BOMB.
Except for preformance
*cries*

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
IMO ID conflicts are easy thanks to the txt file generated, if having trouble check the ID range for the file. I believe it is in .minecraft, usually the screen pointing to the directory dissappears thanks to the crash,mbut it should be in .mimecraft or the modpack equivalent. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1400998841][/DOUBLEPOST]
Except for preformance
*cries*
yeah... with the few mods we have tho, the performance is still ok...

Tornado3019

Jul 29, 2019
Last time I made myself a 1.6 pack with over 100 mods, the configs only took about 20 mins, I was thinking of writing a python program to fix it but it's quite easy anyway. Although it did take about 2 hours to find/download all the mods.

Reactions: RealSketch

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Last time I made myself a 1.6 pack with over 100 mods, the configs only took about 20 mins, I was thinking of writing a python program to fix it but it's quite easy anyway. Although it did take about 2 hours to find/download all the mods.
Currently my 1.6 modpack (that isn't working) has about 180 mods, Reika's mods seem to not like some mods such as AM2 and Factorization.
Right now I'm writing up the spreadsheet for the 1.7 modpack.
If anybody has ID problems, I recommend this, it can help sometimes: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...-idfix-minus-mods-for-resolving-id-conflicts/

99.99%derpy

Jul 29, 2019
Use the new Minecraft launcher its amazing you can make many instances with out messing with your main profile i have one 1.6.4 profile and one 1.7.9 profile for servers because Vanilla Minecraft for the latest version has the best Server support but 1.6.4 for now has the best modding support.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Use the new Minecraft launcher its amazing you can make many instances with out messing with your main profile i have one 1.6.4 profile and one 1.7.9 profile for servers because Vanilla Minecraft for the latest version has the best Server support but 1.6.4 for now has the best modding support.
Ummm, I think he might release it, anyway, the FTB Launcher is best for modpacks, it supports adding, editing, removing and updates.

99.99%derpy

Jul 29, 2019
I have a decent home computer that runs 1.6 Direwolf good however one of my fav packs is attack of the b team because Powergen is tricky and but its not about tech its about crazy fun mods and (bat morph can fly) which is op but im okay with it because its not a serious pack not very focused on tech Or magic.

(long reply i know ye be warned)[DOUBLEPOST=1401046325][/DOUBLEPOST]
Um, I think he might release it, anyway,the FTB Launcher is best for modpacks, it supports adding, editing, removing and updates.
Minecraft will have good modding support for 1.7 in May be a months from now? Or may be Sooner But minecraft 1.7 direwolf20 pack will be awesome once all the mods update.

BreezyTaco

Jul 29, 2019
Only bug I've found with 1.7 mods in my custom modpack is that when I die only my baubles items drop on the ground (if this is an intended feature in any mod let me know, it doesn't seem like a very good feature but you never know)

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Only bug I've found with 1.7 mods in my custom modpack is that when I die only my baubles items drop on the ground (if this is an intended feature in any mod let me know, it doesn't seem like a very good feature but you never know)
Do you have a "no drop inv upon death" like mod, something similar to "Gravestone" maybe?

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019
I hope we get a more generic crafting method / minetweaker better mod support.

With minetweaker ender io can be used for new recipes, but the existing ones can not be altered,eng toolbox completly ignores it.
I tried to put all "machine frame"-s to ore dict (machine chassi, machine frame and the esmasher resource's frame [don't remember the name] ment to be the same, TE ment to be kept, and maybe altered, to use only steel, so i can give a use for tinkers steelworks), and then just remove the recipes for all but one. I know that i will need to write all recipes again, but it would be good for testing purposes.
See how they go together before doing the big stuff.

Last edited: