Unsupported Magic World 2 1.6.4 -BETA- Bug Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

modehammer

Jul 29, 2019
Okay so i got the game exiting me out thing but now my crafting alter is invisable i saw that you ender fox was dealing with the problem and i wanted to know if and how you fixed it

Crabbadon

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Magic World 2, (Farlanders disabled).
Mod & Version: Thaumcraft 4.1.0e
Pastebin link to crash log: No crash
Whats the bug? Infusion matrix will not form a proper infusion altar with appropriate construct.
Can it be repeated? Never works; does not work when moved far away, rebuilt. Relog does not work. Does not work in creative mode in a new world.
Known Fix: None.

Zaes

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Magic World 2, (Farlanders disabled).
Mod & Version: Thaumcraft 4.1.0e
Whats the bug? Infusion matrix will not form a proper infusion altar with appropriate construct.
Can it be repeated? Never works; does not work when moved far away, rebuilt. Relog does not work. Does not work in creative mode in a new world.
Can you please upload some screenshots? Sometimes people get some items around the wrong way (or the crafting recipe shows the wrong way - I know I am one of these people with the Thaumic Tinkerer Enchanting Table)

Zaes

Jul 29, 2019
Yep - http://imagebin.org/299647 . There is a pedestal in the centre of the arcane bricks, I promise; it just can't be seen from this angle. I've checked against the thaumonomicon and double-checked against videos.
Aah, you need to whack the Infusion Matrix with a wand. If that doesn't work, switch the arcane blocks with the bricks and visa versa and whack the matrix again.

IF that fails, manually uninstall Thaumcraft (and its config file) and download the latest from http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/2011841-thaumcraft-410g-updated-1032014/

Last edited:

Crabbadon

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I've whacked it with a wand. Reinstalling now.
eta: Reinstalled Thaumcraft to g; still nothing doing, even on a fresh world. Might try a totally fresh install and copying the world over.
update: Completely fresh install of Magic World, no changes at all: nothing doing. Actually, it's possible that my creative worlds are failing because I don't know infusion in them.
final update: Basically, the modpack works; restoring to the version in the modpack is fine. Advancing past that update breaks the infusion altar; it won't activate when wanded at. The research in the old version is, er, arse though so I might wait for the next update and go play with witchery... Also, updating breaks the alembics. They fail to show their spouts and do not decant anything.
FINAL FINAL UPDATE: Infuser not working properly workaround: Deupdate to 4.0.5b, zap it to make it a proper altar, and reupdate to 4.1.0g :D :D :D

Last edited:

Ender Fox

Jul 29, 2019
Okay so i got the game exiting me out thing but now my crafting alter is invisable i saw that you ender fox was dealing with the problem and i wanted to know if and how you fixed it

Ehhhh... un-fortunately, it seems that I CAN'T fix this bug. If you read through me and Zaes' "conversation", I never finished by reposting again. I never had the chance to come back since. I deleted the files, reinstalled the launcher, and it still won't appear. I've pretty much given up all hope of using AM2, but I still won't give up. Persistence is the key.

EDIT: I, truly honestly, don't have any clue on how I can fix this. I had uninstalled the launcher entirely, files and all, reinstalled, I even had my DAD help me with it, (BTW, he's totally clueless about anything Minecraft related.) and it STILL won't show. I'm not sure there's much else I can do at this point. Very upset I can't use AM2, since it was the only reason I used the MW2 pack. Anyone have the slightest clue how teh fix this?

LATE EDIT: 2 weeks later... Still haven't figured out if I can still salvage anything of AM2. Added more mods to MW2, it's become more closely modeled towards Attack Of The B-Team( opened FTB Monster pack, copied all Proj. Red, OpenBlocks, Portal Guns, MineFactory Reloaded, Thermal Expansion and Tinker's Construct). Watching ChimneySwift on A.o.t.B.T. server has really shown me the true possibilities with mods. That man is insane, but a good kind of insane. o_O

Last edited:

Zaes

Jul 29, 2019
Ehhhh... un-fortunately, it seems that I CAN'T fix this bug. If you read through me and Zaes' "conversation", I never finished by reposting again. I never had the chance to come back since. I deleted the files, reinstalled the launcher, and it still won't appear. I've pretty much given up all hope of using AM2, but I still won't give up. Persistence is the key.

EDIT: I, truly honestly, don't have any clue on how I can fix this. I had uninstalled the launcher entirely, files and all, reinstalled, I even had my DAD help me with it, (BTW, he's totally clueless about anything Minecraft related.) and it STILL won't show. I'm not sure there's much else I can do at this point. Very upset I can't use AM2, since it was the only reason I used the MW2 pack. Anyone have the slightest clue how teh fix this?
@Mithion, can you help shed some light?

Krashino

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Magic World 2
Mod & Version: Twilight Forest
Whats the bug? First, for some reason hostile mobs are spawning all over the surface of the Twilight Forest, which leads to my next issue, Creepers.... A Creeper destroyed my Twilight Forest Portal, which killed all escape out of the Twilight Forest, or so I thought, while looking for a diamond to get out, I died, and respawned back at my portal, moments before my Portal was destroyed by the creeper, which led to this interesting wibbly wobbly timey wimey problem, where I respawned, the Creeper blows up my portal, I die or almost die, then rinse and repeat.
Any attempts at making a new portal also result in the same problem the next time I re enter the Twilight Forest.... This is on a Multiplayer Server I am hosting, so I dont want to remove Twilight Forest, but I dont want to tell people they cant enter it anymore either. To make matters worse, any and all changes made to the Twilight Forest afterwards are gone, never existed, yet the items you had when you died are still gone.
As for another tiny unrelated issue, I cant disable Farlanders, and those Fanmade Enderman are driving me insane.
Can it be repeated? Yes...

Baalem

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Magic World 2 (v1.1.1)
Mod & Version: Thaumic Tinkerer 2.1-67
What's the bug? I can see the research for the Fume Dissipator available (though, in theory, it's a circle and should be unlocked after getting both the gaseous tenebrae and illuminae), though I only have the gaseous illuminae unlocked and I see no sign of the gaseous tenebrae research. When I go to grab the research note for the dissipator, it says the note has been added to my inventory, but there's no note. The paper is still used, and some ink from the scribing tools is used up, but no note appears.
Can it be repeated? Yes. I've started a new world to test this, and it seems to do the same thing.
Known Fix: Unknown.

Zaes

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Magic World 2 (v1.1.1)
Mod & Version: Thaumic Tinkerer 2.1-67
What's the bug? I can see the research for the Fume Dissipator available (though, in theory, it's a circle and should be unlocked after getting both the gaseous tenebrae and illuminae), though I only have the gaseous illuminae unlocked and I see no sign of the gaseous tenebrae research. When I go to grab the research note for the dissipator, it says the note has been added to my inventory, but there's no note. The paper is still used, and some ink from the scribing tools is used up, but no note appears.
Can it be repeated? Yes. I've started a new world to test this, and it seems to do the same thing.
Known Fix: Unknown.
Do you have a spare slot in your inventory (has to be vanilla inventory, it wont recognise ender pouches or anything of the sort)? If you don't it would still say that it gave the notes to you, but it will not tell you that there are no spare slots in your inventory.

Baalem

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have a spare slot in your inventory (has to be vanilla inventory, it wont recognise ender pouches or anything of the sort)? If you don't it would still say that it gave the notes to you, but it will not tell you that there are no spare slots in your inventory.
I have a clear inventory besides my staff, a stack of torches, a stack of food, and the paper/scribing tools.

Zaes

Jul 29, 2019
I have a clear inventory besides my staff, a stack of torches, a stack of food, and the paper/scribing tools.

Well that has exhausted my list of possible fixes, last resort for me is to do a force update of the pack. If that doesn't work, manually install the most recent version of Thaumic Tinkerer (and possibly Thaumcraft 4.1 as well, depending on what version of TC4.1 Thaumic TInkerer bases itself on).

Baalem

Jul 29, 2019
Well that has exhausted my list of possible fixes, last resort for me is to do a force update of the pack. If that doesn't work, manually install the most recent version of Thaumic Tinkerer (and possibly Thaumcraft 4.1 as well, depending on what version of TC4.1 Thaumic TInkerer bases itself on).
Well, thanks for your help anyway. I'll try out the manual install and see if that helps. I'll also hit google up and see if anyone else 'round the 'net has the same issue. Fingers crossed, and I'll report back soon-ish with hopefully good news and a fix for this!
EDIT: So, I come back with good news! I don't know why I didn't think to manually update the mods, but updating Thaumcraft to 4.1.0g and Thaumic Tinkerer to 2.3-138 fixed my issues entirely. Thank goodness for that!

Last edited:
Reactions: Zaes

Collectics

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Magic World 2 v1.1.2
Mod & Version: Magical Crops v3.2.1
Pastebin link to crash log: No crash.
Whats the bug? Duplication of sugar cane, seeds act like they are fully grown. Plant sugar cane seeds, (not sugarcane, from Magical Crops) and then harvest them, and it will drop sugarcane just like it will do if it is 100% grown.
Basically, an infinite sugar cane farm. GG.
Can it be repeated? Yes: Plant sugar cane seeds and then harvest them immediately, keep doing that and you have yourself an infinite sugar cane farm :D
Known Fix: N/A

Ender Fox

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Magic World.1.2
Mod & Version: Magical Crops v3.2.1
Pastebin link to crash log: No crash.
Whats the bug? Duplication of sugar cane, seeds act like they are fully grown. Plant sugar cane seeds, (not sugarcane, from Magical Crops) and then harvest them, and it will drop sugarcane just like it will do if it is 100% grown.
Basically, an infinite sugar cane farm. GG.
Can it be repeated? Yes: Plant sugar cane seeds and then harvest them immediately, keep doing that and you have yourself an infinite sugar cane farm :D
Known Fix: N/A

I don't know if this is a bug, or the easiest way to farm paper for scrolls ever XD

Reactions: Collectics

flinsect

Jul 29, 2019
Mod pack: Magic World 2
Version: 1.1.0
Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/PfYGuBwA
Whats the bug? I added Project red and the game crashes when I place red alloy wire. Now I cant find my world. The save file is in the directory, but it doesn't show up in the list of worlds in the game menu.
Can it be repeated? I don't know, but I've had similar problems of world disappearance after a crash on other mod packs.

Last edited:

Ender Fox

Jul 29, 2019
Mod pack: Magic World 2
Version: 1.1.0
Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/PfYGuBwA
Whats the bug? I added Project red and the game crashes when I place red alloy wire. Now I cant find my world. The save file is in the directory, but it doesn't show up in the list of worlds in the game menu.
Can it be repeated? I don't know, but I've had similar problems of world disappearance after a crash on other mod packs.

That's bad, that's really bad 'cause i have Proj. Red installed as well. Good thing i heard this before I messed with it! However, if this is the case, I think the only way this can be remedied is to delete the Proj. Red mod file. Where did you get the Proj. Red file from? Internet? Another mod pack? Since I have mine copied from the FTB Monster Pack (Same game version as MW2), is that where you got yours from? Which Proj. Red mod is it from? Exploration? Illumination? Intergraion? Heh, sorry for all the questions, just trying to help see where the problem occurred.

EDIT: hmmm. I'm not crash report savvy, but maybe one of the more experinced members could help, maybe Zaes, if they're not too busy with other things.

Last edited:

flinsect

Jul 29, 2019
That's bad, that's really bad 'cause i have Proj. Red installed as well. Good thing i heard this before I messed with it! However, if this is the case, I think the only way this can be remedied is to delete the Proj. Red mod file. Where did you get the Proj. Red file from? Internet? Another mod pack? Since I have mine copied from the FTB Monster Pack (Same game version as MW2), is that where you got yours from? Which Proj. Red mod is it from? Exploration? Illumination? Intergraion? Heh, sorry for all the questions, just trying to help see where the problem occurred.

EDIT: hmmm. I'm not crash report savvy, but maybe one of the more experinced members could help, maybe Zaes, if they're not too busy with other things.
The red alloy wire is from project red core. I downloaded the mod from the project red website.
Edit: I deleted the project red zips from the mods folder and it seems to work now.
Edit 2: I was afraid this might happen. When I opened the world everything was fine, but the game isn't writing to the save file correctly. This means that if I log in, then break or place a block, then log out and log in again, the block will still be there/be gone.

Last edited:

Zaes

Jul 29, 2019
The red alloy wire is from project red core. I downloaded the mod from the project red website.
Edit: I deleted the project red zips from the mods folder and it seems to work now.
Edit 2: I was afraid this might happen. When I opened the world everything was fine, but the game isn't writing to the save file correctly. This means that if I log in, then break or place a block, then log out and log in again, the block will still be there/be gone.

Just a question ... can you create a new world without Project Red in it, then after loading it, log out and add all of the Project Red mods that are in the other FTB packs? From what I can understand in the error log, its calling a method that doesnt exist. Try using the most recent versions of Project Red for 1.6.4 from Project Red's Website and follow the install instructions on the page.

If the problem persists with the most recent version, check their bug tracker to see if anyone else has the same problem. If no-one does, submit a new issue there.

Reactions: Ender Fox
Status
Not open for further replies.