Magic Farm 2 venting and advice thread

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Got into this pack watching Pakratt's LP on youtube. Liked it so much I decided to record it myself. Had to fix an issue with the pack name though -to make it more appropriate- so the series is called "SadistCat's Magic Farm 2 LP" (love ya Jaded) ;)

My question is what is a good start point for energy generation. I want an initial power system that will also cover mid game and I don't feel like mucking about with culinary generator's. I'm a lava man by nature and I just want something simple to automate that works.

Suggestions?

I personnaly used a potion generator for most of my power. A high setup cost but was fun! Still not totally automated...

You need a simple nether wart and sugar cane farm. A glowstone generator is very useful too!(made by TE)

I somewhat automated it using 3 stand with hoppers and itemducts, fairly simple.

Another good power gen, if you are not in hardcore, is using bloodmagic's ritual. They reauire you to get to tier 3-4 altar which is fairly simple. Get an altar autofilled with your orb in it (ritual of sacrifice with witch is awesome) and make a serenade of the nether) which will give you lava.

Both are more midgame then earlygame however.

Reactions: Sim...

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
I personnaly used a potion generator for most of my power. A high setup cost but was fun! Still not totally automated...

You need a simple nether wart and sugar cane farm. A glowstone generator is very useful too!(made by TE)

I somewhat automated it using 3 stand with hoppers and itemducts, fairly simple.

Another good power gen, if you are not in hardcore, is using bloodmagic's ritual. They reauire you to get to tier 3-4 altar which is fairly simple. Get an altar autofilled with your orb in it (ritual of sacrifice with witch is awesome) and make a serenade of the nether) which will give you lava.

Both are more midgame then earlygame however.

Have you tried the autobrewer? You can program it to make potions...

Reactions: Sim...

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Watch out for thieving mobs in Brushland biomes. 'Cos that diamond-reinforced quartz-sharpened self-repairing manyullium cleaver? It drops on a thistle, and it's gone.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Watch out for thieving mobs in Brushland biomes. 'Cos that diamond-reinforced quartz-sharpened self-repairing manyullium cleaver? It drops on a thistle, and it's gone.
lol that hasn't happened to me since xycraft crystals in.... 1.4.7?[DOUBLEPOST=1396807564][/DOUBLEPOST]Can you put agriculture or growthcraft stuff in a mfr bio reator? Can either a mfr, forestry farm auto farm agriculture or grothcraft crops? Can golems farm agri or growthcraft crops?

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
What is the order of the food value? Not size (light meal, feast) but "unfulfilling" and such.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Not sure I get your question... I think unfullfilling is a part of size

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
lol that hasn't happened to me since xycraft crystals in.... 1.4.7?[DOUBLEPOST=1396807564][/DOUBLEPOST]Can you put agriculture or growthcraft stuff in a mfr bio reator? Can either a mfr, forestry farm auto farm agriculture or grothcraft crops? Can golems farm agri or growthcraft crops?
yes, but only seeds. MFR will harvest and planter will replant.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
So I planted and grew a silver tree. What needs to happen before the chunk (prairie) will turn to magical forest biome?[DOUBLEPOST=1397169921][/DOUBLEPOST]Also with the overworld fortress with the wither... about searched this whole thing. What am I looking for as far as the wither spawn room?

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
So I planted and grew a silverwood tree. What needs to happen before the chunk (prairie) will turn to magical forest biome?[DOUBLEPOST=1397169921][/DOUBLEPOST]Also with the overworld fortress with the wither... about searched this whole thing. What am I looking for as far as the wither spawn room?
Silverwood trees only convert the area to magical forest biome when they have a pure node inside them, which is slightly rare. You can check for the node with the goggles of revealing or the thaumometer.

As for the wither room, it is in the bottom level of the fortress, and you will know when you get to that floor as there will be dispenser traps filled with poison splash potions.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Silverwood trees only convert the area to magical forest biome when they have a pure node inside them, which is slightly rare. You can check for the node with the goggles of revealing or the thaumometer.
I have seen non-node trees convert, but it is unusual. Maybe that was a bug in an earlier version of Thaumcraft.
As for the wither room, it is in the bottom level of the fortress, and you will know when you get to that floor as there will be dispenser traps filled with poison splash potions.
Those splash potion things can occur on any level of the crypt. I found them right by the stairs down from the entrance.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
It might vary between world gen. But the bigger giveaway was a pretty large portal. Just came to me as I'm writing this... can you safarinet a wither?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
It might vary between world gen. But the bigger giveaway was a pretty large portal. Just came to me as I'm writing this... can you safarinet a wither?
You can't safari net any boss-class mob. Hmmm, that makes me wonder... Quest Rams aren't bosses. I have some testing to do! (Off-topic for this thread, though, as TF ain't in MF2)

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
You can't safari net any boss-class mob. Hmmm, that makes me wonder... Quest Rams aren't bosses. I have some testing to do! (Off-topic for this thread, though, as TF ain't in MF2)
woah... thats application. good work.

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
Are reusable safari-nets with endermen in them disabled in the auto-spawner? I can't seem to get any to spawn, tho the config looks ok:
S:AutoSpawner.Blacklist=butterflyGE,Luggage,VillagerGolem

Or am I just doing something stupid? I have a 9x9 with conveyors all going to one wall with grinders, with auto-spawner directly under a conveyor in the middle of the 9x9. (There are also two vanilla zombie spawners 5 blocks up above the auto-spawner offset one block).

Or maybe a config similar to the breeder's: I:Breeder.ShutdownThreshold=50 I have about 85 entities within 20 blocks of the auto-spawner (cow-sewer-breeder-grinder).

Edit: ugh, nevermind, it was the conveyors. Guess grinders on each side then.

Last edited:

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
I like hanging my auto spawner in the middle of a 9x9x6 room. As in, hanging 3 blocks off the floor.
I have a tesseract right on the Auto-spawner to provide power and mob essence to it.
No issues thus far.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
Agreed, but I think you can spawn ghasts if you have enough room. Course the zombie spawners I have hanging won't help with that height issue.