Mage Quest's Feedback and Discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ulfengaard

Jul 29, 2019
This ridiculous headcrumbs mod is incredibly frustrating. These guys go invincible when I die once, so, if they get into my house (which has happened twice now), it is just chain death over and over and over until they de-spawn with my stuff. They come on four and five at a time and can open my doors.

Very not cool mod. I hope it's on the way out.

Bax399

Jul 29, 2019
Gotta say, can't wait for the next update to this. Quests are awesome and without weeping angels/headcrumbs, I think it'll be the perfect pack to invest a few months in :)

kevin roman

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys new to the forums and such. Just getting into questing with mods and i really like it. Being introduced to the mod and the progression is nice and the story is good. Ive recently started this modpack and i cant get this quest in the House of Aliblaka Initiate. The quest is "Messing with the Six Plains," the crafting recipe for Mutandis is not right and even though ive crafted, cheated, and picked up the item it wont let me progress, i assume it must be crafted. I read on an earlier comment that it would be fixed but that was some time ago :0 How do i continue? Thanks

Bashful Giant

Jul 29, 2019
FINALLY released a fix that not only updated the modpack, but fixes the quests. I can't apologise enough for the length of time it's taken to do this- part of the problem has been, semi- ironically, the length of time it took, with many mods changing an incredible amount in a short span of time, breaking quests.

Oh. And we have an official server download now :D

Last edited:

MatunasCraft

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing v1.2.0 and have two questions.

1. It seems like there is no way to complete the Magic Chores questline without choosing Thaumcraft, because the Structural Mk VII upgrade requires Void metal ingots. Am I missing something?

2. I have a few different sheets of paper for Reputation, but my Reputation tab is blank. How do I use these sheets? I'm stuck at the "Knowledge from Alfheim" quest for the House Pahimaricon questline.

Bashful Giant

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing v1.2.0 and have two questions.

1. It seems like there is no way to complete the Magic Chores questline without choosing Thaumcraft, because the Structural Mk VII upgrade requires Void metal ingots. Am I missing something?

2. I have a few different sheets of paper for Reputation, but my Reputation tab is blank. How do I use these sheets? I'm stuck at the "Knowledge from Alfheim" quest for the House Pahimaricon questline.

Choosing a house doesn't restrict you from using the other school's magic. The quests were originally supposed to merely enhance the pack, but have kinda evolved into the pack's main feature. Which is awesome, tbh. But not choosing Thaumcraft doesn't stop you messing with it.

As for rep - it has been removed from the pack. It needlessly complicated things, and was easy to cheat around (rename paper). The named rep papers are useless artificts. As for the quest- I KNEW I'd forgotten one quest that had rep! I'll see what I can do, but if I recall correctly, the next quest is the final quest, in which the reward is a certificate to say you've completed the questline. So until I have more to update, I'll leave it be for a while.

MatunasCraft

Jul 29, 2019
Oh no problems. You're right about not being prevented from using Thaumcraft. I should have realized that. :)

As for the rep pages, that's the best thing that my over-stuffed chests and inventory have heard. Finally I can dump all those sheets!

Thanks! Great modpack, btw. I wouldn't change a thing, except for those nearly invincible elephants.

AstralVoid

Jul 29, 2019
The pack itself is awesome, as it's a nice, different play style to try running around without Thermal Expansion and other mods that can easily make endgame come up that much faster, but it feels sort of bare at the moment.

I've recently started a pack on 1.2.0 on a private server for some friends, and here are some of the mods I've added without incident, as they really tie some things together:

Chisel 2 (Decorative blocks and little overhead, what's not to love?)
Bibliocraft (Being a witch without bookshelves from this mod is annoying, and it looks nice for Thaumcraft essential phials as well)
Forbidden Magic (Integrates Thaumcraft with every other major magic mod such as Witchery, Blood Magic, and Botania, with a darker twist on most)
Equivalent Exchange 3 (Because why not, and it's magically themed, if not enough to quite stand up on its own. Also adds portable bags... which this pack is otherwise lacking)

I tried adding OpenBlocks, primarily for the purposes of the grave stone portion (since I get tired of refunding them over silly deaths...) and some other useful utilities, but it won't start with OpenBlocks enabled.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bashful Giant

MrJackApple

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Bashful, um... I just had a question. When you chose the school for Blood Magic and you finish the final quest the dude says something about choosing your path between sacrificing your self or others. Is that another quest? Or is it a cliff hanger or something?

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Nice pack, but I was struggling with inventory space. I tried enabling all the bagginses bags in the configs and that's a definite no-no. Unplayable lag until I re-disabled them.

But, I did get extra utilities going - golden bag of holding - although I had to use the 1.2.5 version (one back from latest) to get it to work with the forgemultipart version.

@AstralVoid I also got openblocks working fine (for the sleeping bag) - just have to remember to also include OpenModsLib as well.

EDIT: removed gibberish

Last edited:

Bashful Giant

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Bashful, um... I just had a question. When you chose the school for Blood Magic and you finish the final quest the dude says something about choosing your path between sacrificing your self or others. Is that another quest? Or is it a cliff hanger or something?

It was a cliffhanger. There are quests... That are still pending release.
Time to bug someone about that ;p

Bashful Giant

Jul 29, 2019
Also, I'll see if I can't tinker about, and fix bagginses. I think it doesn't play nice with one of the mods, and I can't for the life of me find which one. Hence why most bags are disabled.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Also, I'll see if I can't tinker about, and fix bagginses. I think it doesn't play nice with one of the mods, and I can't for the life of me find which one. Hence why most bags are disabled.
So I take it the pack is still being worked on? Just short on manpower, or something? It's just that it is such a fun pack, but it's been so long since a pack or mod (*coughbotaniacough*) update...

The whole magic schools and whatnot makes a neat immersion on the game. And without Jadedcat trying to kill us with sheep or starvation we can focus on building with magic, rather than be distracted with technological wonders.

Bashful Giant

Jul 29, 2019
Less manpower, more willpower on my part. Life... sucks as of late, to be frankly honest, and I keep letting things slide. I draw a line in the sand. Here, and no further.

It kinda needs updating anyway, to sort out the CustomMainMenu links and to add in one of FTB's new mods ;p

Watch this spot. And my caffeine intake.

Reactions: Ashendale

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Less manpower, more willpower on my part. Life... sucks as of late, to be frankly honest, and I keep letting things slide. I draw a line in the sand. Here, and no further.

It kinda needs updating anyway, to sort out the CustomMainMenu links and to add in one of FTB's new mods ;p

Watch this spot. And my caffeine intake.
Thanks for the update. Tweaking it as I write. Best of luck to anything you can't shoot to make go away...

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Suggestion: either remove AromaBackup or FTB Utilities. I suggest Utilities because the Wilderness/Spawn Area popup is annoying and I don't think it can be turned off...

Edit (another suggestion): can the Thaumcraft initiation quest be made to accept any two shards instead of those two in specific? It's a bit hard to find any specific shard without the aid of a quarry...

Last edited: