Machine Request: Clay Maker

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
I agree it would be nice to have a better solution with the introduction of hardened clay. I liked to build brick buildings back in vanilla so I needed a lot of clay. You could stay underwater with a Jack O lantern on your head on the server I played. I literally spent hours on the ocean floor digging clay and crafting it into blocks until my inventory was full. MPS has a breathing module. Mariculture adds scuba. Open blocks sponges could be used. Not sure what mod pack you are using, but if you can find a way to stay underwater, you can have all the clay you want.

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
So you're telling me I have to make a massive MFR machine just to build the pretty base I want to out of clay blocks? :(
No, all you need is one (or a few) MFR tree farms. You get so much sludge out of trees that you might even start to wonder why bother with MFR farms for crops and such.
For even more amazing results, get some sewers under your animals, get that into the machine that makes MFR fertilizer, then force your tree farm to only plant one tree (by only having one plantable spot or the cobblestone range "upgrade") and send all that fertilizer to a... Fertilizer. Now you have all the wood and sludge in the universe.

Erasmus Crowley

Jul 29, 2019
My barrels do pretty much what OP is asking for. Ex Nihilo

If you want to completely automate the process, use a macerator or pulverizer to turn sand into dust. Set up a barrel so that it's getting a supply of water from a pump or an aqueous accumlator. Pipe the dust blocks into the top of the barrel and pull the clay blocks out of the bottom.

Reactions: VapourDrive