Lost my Internet, and now I can't launch any packs

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

missHPfan2

Jul 29, 2019
I lost my Internet connection on my comp, and now I can't get any packs to launch. It just gives me an error saying the Mojang auth servers might be down or something like that, even after a launcher restart. I've been able to launch packs without Internet before, why can't I get it to work now?

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't been able to play FTB offline for a couple years now. I've enabled tokens etc. I've contacted support with logs and been told launcher was corrupted, which could have been true on one computer, not the 3 others I've used unless I just get a corrupted load each time.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I lost my Internet connection on my comp, and now I can't get any packs to launch. It just gives me an error saying the Mojang auth servers might be down or something like that, even after a launcher restart. I've been able to launch packs without Internet before, why can't I get it to work now?
Because you never ran it at least once while online to check the validity of your minecraft account. Any of the launchers will run offline as long as you've run it online at least once to verify your MC account. Which is only a problem if you're using cracked versions of the game, in which case go buy it.

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
Because you never ran it at least once while online to check the validity of your minecraft account. Any of the launchers will run offline as long as you've run it online at least once to verify your MC account. Which is only a problem if you're using cracked versions of the game, in which case go buy it.

I think you're making a lot of assumptions here. There are several instances over the last couple years of people not being able to play FTB offline.

However, just in case, if you are using the FTB launcher, press the "edit" button on the launcher next to you username and make sure you have checked "remember password" and "enable authorization tokens", save, close launcher and re open, make sure those items ar still checked, launch game while online. All things being perfect you should now be able to play offline the next time you launch the game. My experience has been the opposite. Hopefully this works for you.

Last edited:

missHPfan2

Jul 29, 2019
Didn't work. Still got the same error. Both were already checked.
And yes, I have played them while connected to the Internet. From what I've found, there is no offline mode on the launcher. What I need is a way to play the packs with no Internet connection.

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like I need to make a correction. I was able to launch a game with wifi turned off on this new laptop.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Didn't work. Still got the same error. Both were already checked.
And yes, I have played them while connected to the Internet. From what I've found, there is no offline mode on the launcher. What I need is a way to play the packs with no Internet connection.

You may need to start with the Mojang launcher, log on once online to verify your ID, then you can use the Mojang launcher to run in "Offline" mode. Some launchers (like Curse) evoke the Mojang launcher every time you start a game, but the "Play Offline" button changes to the "Play" button very quickly, probably after it detects an internet connection.

missHPfan2

Jul 29, 2019
I can't log in online unless I use a different comp. I simply do not have Internet on my own computer right now, nor do I have a way to hook it up to the Internet short of buying another wifi adapter. I live with my parents, and my mom took both my Ethernet cable and my wifi adapter. Not to be a dick, but for honest reasons.
I can, however, still access my parents' computer. It doesn't handle modpacks too well, but if there's some way I can make use of that comp and my flash drive to transfer files to mine, or get the launcher to verify my login from the other comp, that would work.
Also, I did fire up the vanilla launcher I have, and it let me play the one vanilla version I have offline no prob.
Is there any way I could install packs to my vanilla launcher? I tried creating a new version and copied the files from the Forge .jar into the to-be-modded minecraft.jar, but no matter what I did it would always launch vanilla. Then I remembered about the Forge installer. Am I really gonna need that? Just how are launchers creating these Forge-modded minecraft .jars anyway?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I can't log in online unless I use a different comp. I simply do not have Internet on my own computer right now, nor do I have a way to hook it up to the Internet short of buying another wifi adapter. I live with my parents, and my mom took both my Ethernet cable and my wifi adapter. Not to be a dick, but for honest reasons.
I can, however, still access my parents' computer. It doesn't handle modpacks too well, but if there's some way I can make use of that comp and my flash drive to transfer files to mine, or get the launcher to verify my login from the other comp, that would work.
Also, I did fire up the vanilla launcher I have, and it let me play the one vanilla version I have offline no prob.
Is there any way I could install packs to my vanilla launcher? I tried creating a new version and copied the files from the Forge .jar into the to-be-modded minecraft.jar, but no matter what I did it would always launch vanilla. Then I remembered about the Forge installer. Am I really gonna need that? Just how are launchers creating these Forge-modded minecraft .jars anyway?

Forge is the key mod for running FtB style packs... It provides access to parts of the internal workings of Vanilla that mods need to feed data to so that the mods actually work. Programs like this, at least 30 or so years ago when I was doing a lot of programming, are called "shims" because they provide an interface between two (or more) different programs.

In fact, if Forge or Bukkit or any of the other similar mod loaders out there were officially written by Mojang or, in the case of MCPE/Win10 Minecraft, Microsoft, they would in fact be the mythical API people talk about.

I don't know much about building a pack from scratch but know it's much easier now that when I first started MC. If you can access the Curse client from your other PC, play with that a bit... Load a pack and check out how things are set up... Create a simple new pack with one mod and see where the files are stored, that sort of thing. You can turn this into a fun way to learn about how computers and software work in general, and the best way to learn is with a definite goal in mind.

At some point you'll know what needs to be transferred to your PC and be able to do so with confidence.

Then be sure to remove Curse and all related stuff from the other computer... No sense in leaving a mess behind :D