Looking for FTB Players 19+

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

English_88

Jul 29, 2019
I have taken a bit of a break from FTB and Minecraft, I am now returning and would like to start my own server or even help start one or hell even join one. Im looking for a few players that are mature, will respect the server and be active. I can never see to find the type of server im looking for so I thought I would just start one this time.

Im thinking either a Crack pack, Ultimate or Unleashed or Unhinged pack. Clearly the world would be fresh. Im fine to either team up with a few members or just go it alone.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Any suggestions? Monster a good one?

Monster is an "all the things" pack. If you want a more focused one, Magic World, Tech World, Magic Farm 2, Agrarian Skies, and Blood n Bones are all good, focused packs. As a warning, the last three are a bit harder than your standard FTB pack.

Reactions: RealSketch

captainfunk123

Jul 29, 2019
Definitely, but please note it does not feature much magic, and the updates have literally stopped now completely, so note that they may be a lot of glitches that won't get resolved.

Yea that and a lot of peeps can't play monster pack because monster pack need a monster gaming machine to play lol[DOUBLEPOST=1402079692][/DOUBLEPOST]A good pack for a server is tech world 2

Reactions: RealSketch

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Yea that and a lot of peeps can't play monster pack because monster pack need a monster gaming machine to play lol
Ironic isn't it!?
Anyway, if you really want a "Monster" sized modpack with a bunch of mods, try Resonant Rise, it is literally unplayable for 50%-75% players.
RR has no actual theme anyway, so I wouldn't choose that.
Monster is an "all the things" pack. If you want a more focused one, Magic World, Tech World, Magic Farm 2, Agrarian Skies, and Blood n Bones are all good, focused packs. As a warning, the last three are a bit harder than your standard FTB pack.
I would cancel those last 3 out if you want a survival world you can progress through for a long time. Which is what I think you were aiming for @OP.
BnB is extremely difficult and hardcore, AS is really a Skyblock map, and Magic Farm 2 is just a softer but hardcore version of BnB.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Ironic isn't it!?
Anyway, if you really want a "Monster" sized modpack with a bunch of mods, try Resonant Rise, it is literally unplayable for 50%-75% players.
RR has no actual theme anyway, so I wouldn't choose that.
I would cancel those last 3 out if you want a survival world you can progress through for a long time. Which is what I think you were aiming for @OP.
BnB is extremely difficult and hardcore, AS is really a Skyblock map, and Magic Farm 2 is just a softer but hardcore version of BnB.
Actually BnB is more hardcore MF2, times and dates and such :p
I suggest horizons, has the core magic mods, a few amazing tech mods, and tons of other stuff. I can run it on my Core2Duo 2GB RAM machine on WinXP. Definitely a fun pack.

ProfessorMudkip

Jul 29, 2019
Any suggestions? Monster a good one?
It depends on what you look for in FTB. What kind of gameplay do you enjoy?

Monster is a big collection of mods. If you want a more concise pack, try Tech/Magic World or maybe Direwolf. Try Magic Farm 2 or Blood & Bones for a challenge; the latter is more punishing.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

psp

Jul 29, 2019
Yea that and a lot of peeps can't play monster pack because monster pack need a monster gaming machine to play lol[DOUBLEPOST=1402079692][/DOUBLEPOST]A good pack for a server is tech world 2
No, i play monster on a server with a 500 dollar laptop and im fine.... I don't think you need a super good computer..

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
No, i play monster on a server with a 500 dollar laptop and im fine.... I don't think you need a super good computer..

You said two things that aren't always available to a lot of players. A server, and $500 laptop. Any modern intel laptop will be pretty decent. The built-in GPU for the last few generations of intel chips are actually quite good. Many of us are playing SP, along with a much older laptop. My current laptop is about 6-7 years old, but does have a discrete video card, which does help a bit, but some of the massive packs are just a bit too much for it. Letting a server do much of the heavy lifting helps out tremendously, and I can play packs I couldn't otherwise accomplish.

To the OP:

I would try out some of the 1.6.4 packs. Most of them aren't quite as inclusive as some of the older packs, but they are very enjoyable. I came back to minecraft after a bit of a hiatus as well, and wanted a change of pace and started with Magic World 2. It's a good way to start getting back into the mods as the pace is a bit different than other more tech centric packs. You can do a lot in the pack without ever getting diamonds.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
Yea that and a lot of peeps can't play monster pack because monster pack need a monster gaming machine to play lol

lately I'm playing resonant rise mainline on SMP with 7 year old hardware. it shouldn't take that beastly of a machine for monster.

L0NExW0LF

Jul 29, 2019
If you want a lot of content I would recommend Resonant Rise, it has a good variety of mods. But if you were looking for one on the FTB launcher I would go with Monster or the Direwolf20 pack. There's also the TPPI pack which is made by a third party.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Horizons is pretty fun, especially with Roguelike dungeons installed. Nothing quite like Ars Magicka'ing your way through one with a couple of friends. Especially if everyone has a healing and damage spell so you can shift around between healing and fighting. Plus the boost is totally worth it early on.

English_88

Jul 29, 2019
Lots of packs to choose from, I have found out my computer wont run the Monster pack, and Im looking for more of a balanced pack, not just straight tech or straight magic. Whats the TPPI pack about?

And for me Age limits are a must. Weeds out a lot of immature players from the get go. Plus im 26 I would rather not spend all my time playing with 14 year olds. Nothing personal