Looking for FTB Players 19+

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Is this the bit where you start telling us all stories of about what you did in the war?

Back in my day, Computers didn't have all the fancy colors and gizmos we have now. We only had 2. Amber and black. And we liked it! Our dungeon games didn't have these auto mapping programs you have now. We had to map our dungeons with pencil and paper. :D

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Actually BnB is more hardcore MF2, times and dates and such :p
I suggest horizons, has the core magic mods, a few amazing tech mods, and tons of other stuff. I can run it on my Core2Duo 2GB RAM machine on WinXP. Definitely a fun pack.
I'm sure I didn't get a notification when you posted that?! :p

Anyway, Horizons is good. But with 1.7 just around the corner, I'd go with one of the upcoming modpacks.
Besides, all 1.6 modpacks are completely going to stop update-wise.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I'm sure I didn't get a notification when you posted that?! :p

Anyway, Horizons is good. But with 1.7 just around the corner, I'd go with one of the upcoming modpacks.
Besides, all 1.6 modpacks are completely going to stop update-wise.

1.7 packs are still a little bit out. You'll be able to get several months of play time out of a 1.6.4 pack before the 1.7 packs are considered stable.
@ThatOneSlowking

Reactions: RealSketch

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
I play monster, customised direwolf (ATG, gregtech, aggressive taint, disabled easy mods, tweaked configs, new recipes, no hardcore) and plain ol direwolf (with greymerk dungeons employed during worldgen) on server with good friends. All are extremely good packs, specially when you're playing with good company. :) teamspeak/mumble/skype... it all adds to the fun heavily.

I think the pack takes back seat, and the player dynamics takes centrestage soon... specially if the pack's design invokes cooperation in the gameplay as well.[DOUBLEPOST=1402158654][/DOUBLEPOST]
I suppose you could give yourself a migraine rushing through a world!

Have I told you yet that I like your advanced genetics guide very much? :)

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Back in my day, Computers didn't have all the fancy colors and gizmos we have now. We only had 2. Amber and black. And we liked it! Our dungeon games didn't have these auto mapping programs you have now. We had to map our dungeons with pencil and paper. :D
Back in my day we only had giant computer terminals, and wristwatches to measure our radiation :p

Reactions: netmc

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Lots of packs to choose from, I have found out my computer wont run the Monster pack, and Im looking for more of a balanced pack, not just straight tech or straight magic. Whats the TPPI pack about?

And for me Age limits are a must. Weeds out a lot of immature players from the get go. Plus im 26 I would rather not spend all my time playing with 14 year olds. Nothing personal

While I don't disagree that it does mitigate the number of immature players I find the absolute worst most puerile players to deal with have been 20+. After all being a jackass is however undesirable is a skill, like all skills you become more proficient with time.
Young players I find are not so much immature as they are helpless and clingy. The players who always go "can I wivv wiff sum wun?!" a mere 5 seconds after logging are usually young.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
While I don't disagree that it does mitigate the number of immature players I find the absolute worst most puerile players to deal with have been 20+. After all being a jackass is however undesirable is a skill, like all skills you become more proficient with time.
Young players I find are not so much immature as they are helpless and clingy. The players who always go "can I wivv wiff sum wun?!" a mere 5 seconds after logging are usually young.
I always ask to live with someone. I got on a server to work with someone. Loving alone is why I play single player :p

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I always ask to live with someone. I got on a server to work with someone. Loving alone is why I play single player :p
Yeah I don't mind if one asks, but the youngins keep trying to convince someone even if they all say "no i'd rather be teabagged by a conga line of creepers...". The less irritating ones give up after 10 mins and find another server.

I don't do the group play thing, I find myself either getting bored of it or my prospective partner gets irritated by my ground rules and leaves (which is usually as simple as pull your weight and don't use up all the stuff, which the youngins seldom do).

Suffice to say I don't play much SMP anymore for many reasons, restrictions (items, blocks and claim space), the fact that finding a decent oceanic server is like finding diamonds in a sky map. They exist but when you find that one server that will be the only server so if you don't like the way they run things it's either put up with it or GTFO (which means SSP). Pack selection is woeful too, I can only find Monster, DW20 and Tekkit lite modded MC servers.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

English_88

Jul 29, 2019

Okay I can get where you are coming from, defiantly having an 19+ age limit doesnt get rid of ALL the idiots. I guess its more person to person, just gotta have a good screening process.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Okay I can get where you are coming from, defiantly having an 19+ age limit doesnt get rid of ALL the idiots. I guess its more person to person, just gotta have a good screening process.
I will say it removes the aforementioned clingy kids that are annoying enough in their own rigth, but to pretend that it removes immature people is a practice in wishful thinking.
I used to frequent a server that had a 21+ age limit but 70% of the time the youngins lied about their age and got in anyway. Sometimes they had to allow them to stay as the player was OK to be around and or became friends with some of the regulars making booting the player more harmful then beneficial.
If you do intend of having an age requirement my advice is to not state what that limit is on your main page. Or better yet just state that it's a mature server and what you think that entails, make it a sort of umm... mental age requirement lol.

Dezz

Jul 13, 2013
Wish I could play with you, but I am only 16 years of age :(

Oh well. Maybe if you change your mind or something.

If you are interested in me, just send me a message. If it helps, my voice is deep enough to sound like a 19 year old :D

Last edited:
Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
I will say it removes the aforementioned clingy kids that are annoying enough in their own rigth, but to pretend that it removes immature people is a practice in wishful thinking.
I used to frequent a server that had a 21+ age limit but 70% of the time the youngins lied about their age and got in anyway. Sometimes they had to allow them to stay as the player was OK to be around and or became friends with some of the regulars making booting the player more harmful then beneficial.
If you do intend of having an age requirement my advice is to not state what that limit is on your main page. Or better yet just state that it's a mature server and what you think that entails, make it a sort of umm... mental age requirement lol.

While an age limit does not remove immature people, it does filter them. There's a difference between immature kids/teenagers and immature adults. There is the whole issue of people lying about their age, which even adults do, but there's nothing that can be done about it. To be honest, an age limit is completely useless as there is no way to properly enforce it. It's just like all those sites that ask you to put in your date of birth. Hell, i'm 25 and i still lie on those things, though mostly just to keep my personal info to myself.