[Listed] 1.7.10 - Simply Magic [HQM][Magic][Light][Tutorial-Themed]

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I'ma gonna pick what looks lika an awesome pack when I get home. So, for what I understand, you can do all the techy things in a magical way, right?

Though I can't figure one thing that is extremely handy to me: a logistics/AE2 sort of system to organize and retrieve items. Is it possible? Which mod?

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
I'ma gonna pick what looks lika an awesome pack when I get home. So, for what I understand, you can do all the techy things in a magical way, right?

Though I can't figure one thing that is extremely handy to me: a logistics/AE2 sort of system to organize and retrieve items. Is it possible? Which mod?
Automagy and Thaumic Exploration(if it's in the pack) have some stuff that when comhined creates a very awesome storage system
Edit: Thaumic Exploration isn-t in the pack. Any reason for this DrasticDemise?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ashendale

lunakm

Jul 29, 2019

Botania has the Corporea system that can retrieve and autocraft.

Mindfeak926

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a trick to getting the nature flicker to replant saplings? I have the habitat set up next to the one with the felled oak focus, and a chest with saplings in it beside the nature flicker but it won't take saplings and plant them. I have etherium ran to both habitats.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Automagy and Thaumic Exploration(if it's in the pack) have some stuff that when comhined creates a very awesome storage system
Edit: Thaumic Exploration isn-t in the pack. Any reason for this DrasticDemise?

Probably because I am a forgetful noob :eek:

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Just droped by to say I'm enjoying the magical questing feel this pack is giving. Mage Quest is nice, but lacks all the magical options given here. It could rival this pack, but updates have been slim, since they're focusing on the 1.8.9, I guess.

Also, the tiered quests to introduce each mod is quite welcome, since I've been spoiled by the usual Botania/Blood Magic/Thaumcraft/Witchery and haven't really looked at any other mod.

Keep up the good work.

Reactions: BaileyH
Z

Zieg777

Is there a trick to getting the nature flicker to replant saplings? I have the habitat set up next to the one with the felled oak focus, and a chest with saplings in it beside the nature flicker but it won't take saplings and plant them. I have etherium ran to both habitats.

Put the chest of saplings next to the felled oak habitat and you should be set.

Also, yes, power is required to the felled oak habitat, I don't know that power to the other does anything.

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
What gear do you wear? I'm new to Botania (and actually all magic mods, beside Thaumcraft) and have not realised before how awesome Tainted Blood Strength II amulet from it is. Nearly everything dies from one hit. Even if it's area effect from Sword of Zephyr.
Rest of my gear is Magnetism ring, TC Shield belt and ring, TC Harness and Boots of Travel, Botania Terrasteel leggins and hat (with TC goggless integrated)

Additionally, Seraph Shoulders and Pockets Cloak from Witching Gadgets, which both are extremely useful.

upload_2016-2-12_13-18-19.png

Cloak contents

upload_2016-2-12_13-18-42.png

Last edited:

Mindfeak926

Jul 29, 2019
Put the chest of saplings next to the felled oak habitat and you should be set.

Also, yes, power is required to the felled oak habitat, I don't know that power to the other does anything.
Thanks that was the problem.. had the chest next to the wrong habitat....working great now

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
To anyone on the fence: get involved in this pack. It's really refreshing to find completely new ways to do things we've done the same way for a very long time. There are many ways to automate tree farms, animal husbandry, mob farming, inventory management, etc. All with magic. And really this pack fits the Vanilla ethos of fiddling with things until you figure out how to combine them in completely unique ways MUCH better than tech packs where you drop down a block that does everything.

Additionally, the pack devs are attentive and involved in this forum conversation. Updates are frequent, ideas are listened to, etc.

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
To anyone on the fence: get involved in this pack. It's really refreshing to find completely new ways to do things we've done the same way for a very long time. There are many ways to automate tree farms, animal husbandry, mob farming, inventory management, etc. All with magic. And really this pack fits the Vanilla ethos of fiddling with things until you figure out how to combine them in completely unique ways MUCH better than tech packs where you drop down a block that does everything.

Additionally, the pack devs are attentive and involved in this forum conversation. Updates are frequent, ideas are listened to, etc.
And you can fly on magical brooms. You can do the Fantasia thing of the magical broom, or fly on one and it breaks chalk runes instantly (for witchery). What could be better?