[Listed] 1.7.10 - Simply Magic [HQM][Magic][Light][Tutorial-Themed]

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
The Calefactor has 3 numbers when I hover over it with the curser. red/white/blue, the blue number increases with as it gets Neutral power. the book also says that you can have a chance to double ores if you have all three powering it. so it can accept all three power. the prism does not have a gui so I cannot put power into it. it gets power passively and shows 2500 power. what I cannot do is get that power out of it. it won't connect to the calefactor like the neutral obilisk does.

Is Crystal Wrench top purple? If it is green, it has fixed source destination, you can switch it off by shift-clicking on some vanilla block.

Also, you will probably want to put mana battteries (one per mana type) and power consumers through them. Light and dark "obelisks" have ridiculously small internal capacity.

Calefactors do accept all three power types, but I haven't noticed them doubling ores. But they do double food.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Version 1.1.3 will be available in about an hourish from this post:
  • Added Mouse Tweaks - #40 - @koalalord9999
  • Added FTB Lib and Utilities - You can now chunk load!
  • Added Thaumcraft Node Tracker
  • Backported Guide-API - Books now work.
  • Updated COFH Core
  • Fixed Witchery Torn Pages quest
  • Fixed Scepter quest #43 - @Final-Legacy
  • Fixed Living Infusion Quest #44 - @Final-Legacy
  • More Hoarding quests! Can now obtain a hungry node :)
  • Increased Thaumcraft biome spawn rate by a small bit

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
  • Increased Thaumcraft biome spawn rate by a small bit

Magic Forests availability depends a lot on random chance. You can have none of them, or have several in 1km radius with same spawn rate.

If you want reliability, add Silverwood sapling or wood blocks to quest rewards.

OmniKhaos77

Jul 29, 2019
My first world (which became unplayable due to dying in a mystcraft world and wasn't able to retrieve my stuff) I spawned in a Magical Forest that had 20+ Silverwood trees in it...only 2 of which had nodes in them. My new world has one as well, but way fewer Silverwood trees.
I did have to travel over 3000 blocks to find a desert and it was, maybe, 15x15

Mindfeak926

Jul 29, 2019
Playing 1.1 version, I have never used Ars Magica 2, or any of the magic mods very much for that matter, so this pack is a good one for learning. my problem is the following. I made the beginning Neutral obelisk and put some liquid etherium in it. it powered to 5K I believe. next to it, I built the Celestial Prism. The one with quartz and glass as the top. I did the purification spell with the chalk and used my proj, light spell to change it to a prism. (my proj,light spell works just fine, just a side not for the guy before this post that said his does not work) it has powered to 2500. I then made a calefactor and put it down, used my "wrench" can't remember the name of it, and told the neutral obilisk to send power to calefactor. works just fine. but when I try to do the same with the Celestial Prism I get.."Source node doesn't provide any type of power that the destination can use". I I then click the calefactor, it says "Pairing sucessful" but it does not pull the power from the Celestial. I am pretty positive that this error is user error, but I have no idea what my error is. I have watched a couple of vids, but most of them are 1-2 yrs old. I did make the thing where I can relay the power past 10 blocks but that did not work for the Light power either. I am within the 10 block radius as the Celestial is closer to the Calefactor than the Neutral one is. Any education is appreciated. Thanks

I used a mana battery for each type of etherium and connected them to my calefactor to double ores.. and food

Mindfeak926

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anything special i need to do to get flickers to spawn i have the lure set up in a room with all three types of etherium connected to it but have not had a single flicker show up in several hours of game play

OmniKhaos77

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anything special i need to do to get flickers to spawn i have the lure set up in a room with all three types of etherium connected to it but have not had a single flicker show up in several hours of game play

You need a redstone signal on the lure, a lever placed on it works well.

birdiegirl4444

Jul 29, 2019
Is Crystal Wrench top purple? If it is green, it has fixed source destination, you can switch it off by shift-clicking on some vanilla block.

Also, you will probably want to put mana battteries (one per mana type) and power consumers through them. Light and dark "obelisks" have ridiculously small internal capacity.

Calefactors do accept all three power types, but I haven't noticed them doubling ores. But they do double food.

I will check the wrench's top when I get online after work today. I am pretty sure that is probably the problem. will also make a couple of batteries to hold power and work on the dark power too.
Thanks, I really appreciate it

Theodus

Jul 29, 2019
Are wither skeleton skulls disabled, or is there some alternative acquisition method besides standard drops? I've probably killed over a hundred so far and haven't gotten any. I noticed that config/cofh/core/loot.cfg had "Enabled=false" for wither skeleton heads, but even setting that to true and the chance to 100 had no effect. Although I did notice that skeletons spawned via eggs did seem to drop heads - just naturally spawned ones didn't. I'm on 1.1.3.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Are wither skeleton skulls disabled, or is there some alternative acquisition method besides standard drops? I've probably killed over a hundred so far and haven't gotten any. I noticed that config/cofh/core/loot.cfg had "Enabled=false" for wither skeleton heads, but even setting that to true and the chance to 100 had no effect. Although I did notice that skeletons spawned via eggs did seem to drop heads - just naturally spawned ones didn't. I'm on 1.1.3.
I've gotten some as a random drop, you're probably just unlucky

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
Elementium Axe from Botania and an axe from Apocrypha (or some other Thaumcraft addon) have extra head drop chance. With apocrypha one I got 3 heads from ~15 mobs.
I got two wither heads before them, though not quite remember how - from wither skeletons or from Roguelike Dungeons decoration.

Theodus

Jul 29, 2019
Elementium Axe from Botania and an axe from Apocrypha (or some other Thaumcraft addon) have extra head drop chance. With apocrypha one I got 3 heads from ~15 mobs.
I got two wither heads before them, though not quite remember how - from wither skeletons or from Roguelike Dungeons decoration.
Thanks, I forgot about the elementium axe! I knew the Apochrypha axe helped with beheading, but it required a wither skull to begin with, so I thought I was screwed. :p

Z

Zieg777

used my "wrench" can't remember the name of it, and told the neutral obilisk to send power to calefactor. works just fine. but when I try to do the same with the Celestial Prism I get.."Source node doesn't provide any type of power that the destination can use". I I then click the calefactor, it says "Pairing sucessful"

It sounds like you shift clicked the obelisk. This "locks" the wrench to it; Usually it is used for pairing many things at once to one source. When you then clicked on the Prism, it tried pairing the obelisk to the prism, which doesn't work since the "node" of the prism doesnt accept power. When you went back to the calefactor, it again paired the obelisk.

When you shift click on any AM2 power block (generator or machine, etc) it'll turn the wrench green to show it is locked to something. Simply shift click on a normal block to change back to purple. You can either "lock" it to your prism, or just right click it once with it (no message will show that it is tied to anything). Then right click the calefactor to pair the two.

Regarding ores, The calefactor needs all 3 types to double ores (and glass, smooth stone, just about everything but charcoal).

Reactions: Arbitrary