Listed - 1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playnot

Jul 29, 2019
That is odd, I am running java 8 completely without issue, in fact have been recommending it everywhere for minecraft as it seems to help performance.
Nothing helps the low performance of a Radeon 290X, i've tried it all..however i'm running java 8 also, no difference with the previous versions from my perspective

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Been awhile since I played MC, but back then Java8 was causing all kinds of issues. Didn't load Java7 initially 'cause I didn't feel like adding yet another spam donor to my email addy [you're required to register with Oracle to download anything from the Java Archive].

Aside: Meteors keep wrecking my base wall, so I looked in the configs to see if I could disable block destruction...turns out it's already disabled?
From Galacticraft core.conf, lines 183 + 184
Set to false to stop meteors from breaking blocks on contact.
B:"Meteor Block Damage Enabled"=false

I know about the Shield / Obsidian Glass but I'm nowhere near setup to produce those in the quantities I'd need.

The config is only used in a newer version of GC but that breaks other stuff again. You could start with a cobble shield, sure you would have to replace sections from time to time, but the explision will happen on the shield ..

Qodek

Jul 29, 2019
Caithleen, I love this modpack! It's good to get away from the normal minecraft, to experiment something different. Someday I will make a portuguese spotlight.

Reactions: Caithleen and Slind

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
I was testing the latest version of Super Massive Tech as it has some important bug fixes. I also wanted to know about the new star death mechanic. When the star runs out of energy it blows up the generator and leaves behind a black hole. At first it didn't do much and I broke it and moved it. I noticed when it sucked in an item that it's energy went up very briefly on the WAILA tooltip. So I got curious and threw a stack of cobble in. SUPER bad idea... It's energy spiked and it started consuming all the blocks around it and hit my barrel wall, spilling enough to give the black hole enough energy to consume my entire station, along with everything I had obtained in the game to that point. I had no backup...

R.I.P. Station Alpha 2015-2015.

OmegaJasam

Jul 29, 2019
I've managed to lose all the quest rocket fuel in the process of trying to pipe it into the fuel loader. is it broken, or am i doing something very wrong?

Orionus

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone! I've been loving this pack! I think it's awesome!

I do however have a problem. I can't figure out how to get fuel into my Advanced Generators gas generator. I've tried many different ideas, but nothing works. I've tried hooking up a tank/barrel with fluid transfer node (with and without world interaction upgrade) and transfer pipes. I see rocket fuel in the transfer node, but the gas generator shows no increase of fuel, stays at 0.

I've tried relocator pipes and standard fluid pipes. Nothing I do gets the gas generator to fill.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone! I've been loving this pack! I think it's awesome!

I do however have a problem. I can't figure out how to get fuel into my Advanced Generators gas generator. I've tried many different ideas, but nothing works. I've tried hooking up a tank/barrel with fluid transfer node (with and without world interaction upgrade) and transfer pipes. I see rocket fuel in the transfer node, but the gas generator shows no increase of fuel, stays at 0.

I've tried relocator pipes and standard fluid pipes. Nothing I do gets the gas generator to fill.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

You need a fluid intake port.

I've managed to lose all the quest rocket fuel in the process of trying to pipe it into the fuel loader. is it broken, or am i doing something very wrong?
Rocket fuel is not "rocket fuel" it is from Ender IO created from hootch in a vat and is fuel for generators. The fuel for the galacticraft rockets is simply called "fuel".

OmegaJasam

Jul 29, 2019

Rocket fuel is not "rocket fuel" it is from Ender IO created from hootch in a vat and is fuel for generators. The fuel for the galacticraft rockets is simply called "fuel".
Thanks, I'm somehow not suprised I was doing something daft. Well, dafter then getting all my ender pearls, ender lilly, the other thank e.t.c eaten by a creeper.

Now the 100$ question.... How do I make fuel?

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, I'm somehow not suprised I was doing something daft. Well, dafter then getting all my ender pearls, ender lilly, the other thank e.t.c eaten by a creeper.

Now the 100$ question.... How do I make fuel?
There is a quest in the book that gets you n the right direction, you have to put wood in a crucible to make oil then run that through a refinery from galacticraft.

Orionus

Jul 29, 2019

I have the fluid intake port, but it never occured to me there might be two different rocket fuels and one of them won't work in the gas generator....guess which one I'm trying to use?

Thanks for the help!

Qodek

Jul 29, 2019
I can't figure out how to make the chems journal. I mean, how do I get leather? Tried to make Keratine, but without the book it's impossible. I don't have any animal to kill for leather, and I don't know how to get it.
Also, bug with /help 4

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
I can't figure out how to make the chems journal. I mean, how do I get leather? Tried to make Keratine, but without the book it's impossible. I don't have any animal to kill for leather, and I don't know how to get it.
Also, bug with /help 4
You can look up the recipe for keratin in NEI, the book just stores recipes discovered with the microscope, NEI will show all of the recipes. The book's only real use is to load the selected recipe into the synthesis chamber quickly.

Reactions: Caithleen

RedRobin96

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anything in this modpack that will allow me to teleport between the Moon and Mars so that I don't have to keep using a rocket.

OmegaJasam

Jul 29, 2019
There is a quest in the book that gets you n the right direction, you have to put wood in a crucible to make oil then run that through a refinery from galacticraft.

Thanks. Seems the long grind of the T2 Rocket was long enough for the early quest (which may have been passsed with a reward?) to completely slip my mind entirely. ^-^'

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
Hard is the way to get naquada.

Sure I'm quarrying all the Venus crystal for these

I looking into a test world for the T3 fusion reactor.. Jesus christ this big baby produce a lot of RF but when I look through the recipe it involve a lot of advanced plating witch made with a ton of Boron10.

Boron10 is gained by Sieving Pluto surface rock but the drop rate is so low

Many hours/days of quarrying in sight.

Envoyé de mon LG-H815 en utilisant Tapatalk

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Hard is the way to get naquada.

Sure I'm quarrying all the Venus crystal for these

I looking into a test world for the T3 fusion reactor.. Jesus christ this big baby produce a lot of RF but when I look through the recipe it involve a lot of advanced plating witch made with a ton of Boron10.

Boron10 is gained by Sieving Pluto surface rock but the drop rate is so low

Many hours/days of quarrying in sight.

Envoyé de mon LG-H815 en utilisant Tapatalk

You know you can synth naquada? It uses some new funny minechem elements. You need a mc fusion thoo for it.

Reactions: Playnot

Playnot

Jul 29, 2019
Also, bug with /help 4
Not impossible, just takes a long time with NEI and tracing the exact recipe. Most of all you'll need probably Melons and Cactuses for Nitrogen, the rest is easy.

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
You know you can synth naquada? It uses some new funny minechem elements. You need a mc fusion thoo for it.
What? I've already 40 Naquada but what you say is enjoying me

I'm always forgot to look NEI for minechem products.

My fusion chamber is warming up

Status
Not open for further replies.