Listed - 1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playnot

Jul 29, 2019
Another ProTip from a newbie, if you're making a syngas generator, for the Carbon requirements, don't waste your coal, a small tree farm will output a lot of logs, which can be turned to cellulose and fed to the generator. 1 wood log (1600 Carbon value) is averaging about 4 Cellulose (1200 Carbon value each) after the Decomposer so about 3 times more value.

Qanthelas

Jul 29, 2019
I'm looking at using a chunk loader to keep things going on the Moon while I'm away on Mars and the only one I'm seeing in the pack is the Dimensional Anchor, no problem, should do the job fine, but I can't find any config files for that mod in the modpack folder. What area does one Dimesnional Anchor cover? Does it need fuel to run? Is there a limit on the number of chunks a given player can have loaded?

Playnot

Jul 29, 2019
I'm looking at using a chunk loader to keep things going on the Moon while I'm away on Mars and the only one I'm seeing in the pack is the Dimensional Anchor, no problem, should do the job fine, but I can't find any config files for that mod in the modpack folder. What area does one Dimesnional Anchor cover? Does it need fuel to run? Is there a limit on the number of chunks a given player can have loaded?
I think this should help with your problem. http://tekkitclassic.wikia.com/wiki/Dimensional_Anchor

Qanthelas

Jul 29, 2019
Ah thanks, I'll check out the GUI on it once I build one, I feel a bit silly for asking now without trying that :p

Small bug to report: Sleeping in a bed on the Moon does not advance the time to 'morning'. It used to, but now in 1.4.8 it does now. It will let me sleep in the bed and go through the fade thing it does when sleeping in a bed, but looking outside the sun hasn't changed and if I go and sleep in the bed again it lets me again and the same thing (which is to say, nothing really, just the sleep animation/fade) happens.

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
The dimensional anchor is not configured to need fuel, and as you are in single player there is no limit for how many chunks you can keep loaded or how many dimensional anchors you can have(as long as your computer can handle keeping all the chunks loaded) it starts off in 1x1 chunk mode but you can increase the size or change the shape in it's GUI.

Playnot

Jul 29, 2019
Ah thanks, I'll check out the GUI on it once I build one, I feel a bit silly for asking now without trying that :p

Small bug to report: Sleeping in a bed on the Moon does not advance the time to 'morning'. It used to, but now in 1.4.8 it does now. It will let me sleep in the bed and go through the fade thing it does when sleeping in a bed, but looking outside the sun hasn't changed and if I go and sleep in the bed again it lets me again and the same thing (which is to say, nothing really, just the sleep animation/fade) happens.

Sleeping on the bed while on the Moon won't let a new day load, but it's not a bug, it's intended that way. If you want you can craft the Cryogenic Chamber after you get some Desh from Mars and use that for the same effect. As for the Dimensional Anchor...the wiki also said you won't be able to use it in single player, so i'm not sure what to think now, let us know if it works :D ( not that a block of iron is so much for me to try :D )

Reactions: Caithleen

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
Sleeping on the bed while on the Moon won't let a new day load, but it's not a bug, it's intended that way. If you want you can craft the Cryogenic Chamber after you get some Desh from Mars and use that for the same effect. As for the Dimensional Anchor...the wiki also said you won't be able to use it in single player, so i'm not sure what to think now, let us know if it works :D ( not that a block of iron is so much for me to try :D )
The wiki that says that is the wiki is for Tekkit classic, which is an ancient version of MC and these mods(also from before MC implemented the "Single player is a locally run server" code). I have fully tested it and they work perfectly fine in single player now.

aspacebanana

Jul 29, 2019
After redownloading the mod pack, I am still suffering from visual glitches centered around tools and sticks. They either don't appear or are just a grey box. And tried adding optifine, all buttons(settings, music, create new world) went blank. Please help

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
After redownloading the mod pack, I am still suffering from visual glitches centered around tools and sticks. They either don't appear or are just a grey box. And tried adding optifine, all buttons(settings, music, create new world) went blank. Please help
I had that issue but only briefly, a client restart resolved it for me, and I mean the full launcher, just restarting did not help. Do not install optifine with modded packs, you will run into many issues, the z fighting on barrels is infuriating enough. I would try backing up your save and wiping the game files to download a fresh set if the problem persists.

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
To anyone interested I have unofficially registered the #GalacticScience channel on the esper.net IRC network.

There seemed to be quite a bit of discussion here and this seems to be a long standing pack that is going to be around for a while and go through some more development so I thought it would be a good idea to get a channel up for (possibly) more active discussion of the modpack. IDK if the channel will last or take off, but I am at least going to give it a shot.

I will be in it whenever my computer is on, feel free to drop by and idle.

Reactions: Qanthelas

Zartanio

Jul 29, 2019
I have the same problem. If you look earlier in the thread, I posted about it. Thought I was the only one seeing it. The best fix I have found that seems to work every time is after loading the game, I switch the "Anaglyph" option under the video settings to on and then back off. Only works for that game session, but I've been able to play. Hope this helps.

Sodyaler

Jul 29, 2019
How Exactly do I extract power from the advanced generators such as a steam multiblock generator. No cables or machines I've tried have been able to connect to the structure. I've been trying to figure it out for a bit now. Any help would be appriciated

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
How Exactly do I extract power from the advanced generators such as a steam multiblock generator. No cables or machines I've tried have been able to connect to the structure. I've been trying to figure it out for a bit now. Any help would be appriciated

You have to make a flux generator from advanced generators and put that on the multiblock, then extract from that.

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
I see falling meteors tearing up the moon's surface. Is there a hardness that will protect my machines?

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Simple blastshield - cobble works but needs to be replaced - but keeps the explosions up there.

Good blastshield - obsidian glass - blastproof and decent

Reactions: EchoingZen

MxshadowxM

Jul 29, 2019
can someone help me I made a space station and I saw a black texture thing and I went into it and it took me to the earth but theres nothing here but the void what do I do?

_TehPanda_

Jul 29, 2019
helo again i would love someone to help me whith something i want to add vainminer so i can make my life better but i cant find the ids of the moon dirt moon turf and moon rock i also have aded optifine is that ruine it ??

_TehPanda_

Jul 29, 2019
can someone help me I made a space station and I saw a black texture thing and I went into it and it took me to the earth but theres nothing here but the void what do I do?
i had that problem whith a random nether portal that spawned in my moon base i went to it and took me to nether when i was going back it took me to whe overworld and i died there is no turning back soryy y have to start again i think

Status
Not open for further replies.