Listed - 1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playnot

Jul 29, 2019
And i wasted so many levels at the beginning, just to figure out an Emerald and a book gives 17 of these boys

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
I skimmed all the pages, but i couldn't find a good ore setup, can anyone show theirs? I can't figure out a way to multiply ores from Broken Ore's other than a hammer manually or the Hammerer and they both take way too long and are way too slow (not to mention an upgraded hammerer takes a LOT of power)

P.S
At the moment i have 10 slightly upgraded auto-sieves hooked up directly to the synthesizer and outputing to JABBA barrels, but i feel i'd be wasting a lot of resources if i smelt the broken ores directly instead of hammering them to dust

PSA, the "Special chest" from router reborn is AMAZING for the output of your crusher/sieve!! This is my WHOLE setup for ore generation(besides obby gen):
EnrTtAI.png

Obby>decomposer>silicon Dioxide>Chemical Synthesis machine(making gravel)>hopper>sieve> Gold Sorting chest for extraction of all other goodies leaving crushed ores for sending to >the Blue "Special chest" from Router Reborn with packager upgrade(combines broken/crushed ores automatically)(Use a refined relocation sorting interface on the bottom of it, set it to have high priority for the broken/crushed ores and dust)>autohammerer and the relocators just put the gravel and sand back into the hammerer after being recombined in "the special chest" and extract the finished dust back into the gold sorting chest when done, sending them off to barrels. 64 fortune and 18 speed upgrades in the sieve, 19 speed upgrades in the hammerer, 2 awesomeite crucibles feeding obsidian is enough to keep this going 24/7 and it just churns out ores.

If you spend some time with the special chest it has extraction and insertion upgrades and filtering, but the UI is bugged at the moment so clicking any button in the filters will make you crash, so external filtering is advised. I put this all together as I was going in the game, but I am redesigning my base and I may get some better pictures of it put out in a more logical/organized fashion.

Yes yes, I know, you need a ton of power for this, ~1kRF/t, but syngas is horribly OP and I can easily produce that.

Last edited:

Playnot

Jul 29, 2019
Can't find a decent spotlight on the router reborn mod, so i can't figure out how to special chest works, how to put packager upgrades on it..
P.S. How did you automate the Obsidian generation, i'm using stone barrels and lava/water to generate it, but i have to click manually

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Easiest setup for you mienchem storage is a sorting chest next to pre-programmed sorting barrels. Also you are looking at refined relocation i think, not router reborn (which is great to autmate the minechem fusion ...)

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
Can't find a decent spotlight on the router reborn mod, so i can't figure out how to special chest works, how to put packager upgrades on it..
P.S. How did you automate the Obsidian generation, i'm using stone barrels and lava/water to generate it, but i have to click manually

You shift right click on the special chest to open up the upgrade slots, note each face of the special chest has it's own set of slots, but the packager upgrade works in any side and applies to the whole chest.

You place a transfer node on the bottom of the stone barrel to extract the obsidian or other products, I guess it is slow enough that even placing the stone barrel on a hopper would do.

Playnot

Jul 29, 2019
You shift right click on the special chest to open up the upgrade slots, note each face of the special chest has it's own set of slots, but the packager upgrade works in any side and applies to the whole chest.
Hmm, yes, figured that out, however that packager is extremely slow, would the Speed Boost upgrade do anything in that case?

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, yes, figured that out, however that packager is extremely slow, would the Speed Boost upgrade do anything in that case?

I made an advanced packager upgrade and it has slots in it for more packager upgrades, I believe placing more packager upgrades either in the advanced packager upgrade or in the regular upgrade slots will increase the speed of operation.

Playnot

Jul 29, 2019
I made an advanced packager upgrade and it has slots in it for more packager upgrades, I believe placing more packager upgrades either in the advanced packager upgrade or in the regular upgrade slots will increase the speed of operation.
Ah, similar to world interaction upgrades, i get it. Thanks for all the help! Strange why the game crashes on almost all the buttons of the upgrades for that special chest..the advanced packager buttons, the filter whitelist button..

Qanthelas

Jul 29, 2019
I'm excited to get to Mars, go to the Advanced Generators, and get a set up like the one you're showing there NolanSyKinsley! Loving the use of the Special Chest!

Currently waiting for my Gravel sieving to get me the Copper and Tin I need to make the Compressed Bronze I need to finish my Tier 2 Rocket. While I wait I've been getting the RFTools teleportation stuff ready, that seems like the way to go (instead of using the Rocket to go back and forth from the Moon to Mars and back after that 1st trip there.)

One other thing I want to look in to while I'm waiting - what about armor for my first trip to Mars? I have the Thermal Padding set, but (fortunately!) it doesn't take the armor slot, it takes a new kind of slot, so I have the armor slot available. Would just Diamond armor and a Diamond sword be the way to go or is there something else I have access to without going to Mars that would be even better?

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
I'm excited to get to Mars, go to the Advanced Generators, and get a set up like the one you're showing there NolanSyKinsley! Loving the use of the Special Chest!

Currently waiting for my Gravel sieving to get me the Copper and Tin I need to make the Compressed Bronze I need to finish my Tier 2 Rocket. While I wait I've been getting the RFTools teleportation stuff ready, that seems like the way to go (instead of using the Rocket to go back and forth from the Moon to Mars and back after that 1st trip there.)

One other thing I want to look in to while I'm waiting - what about armor for my first trip to Mars? I have the Thermal Padding set, but (fortunately!) it doesn't take the armor slot, it takes a new kind of slot, so I have the armor slot available. Would just Diamond armor and a Diamond sword be the way to go or is there something else I have access to without going to Mars that would be even better?

I would not waste diamond on armor, I used heavy duty armor which is made from compressed steel, it got me through jut fine.

Playnot

Jul 29, 2019
@NolanSyKinsley for the smelting are you using a modular furnace and if so, what's the best setup you have found so far? For now i figured out awesomite adds a ton of speed and diamond/emerald blocks aren't so useful. Anything quicker/more efficient for smelting the dust?

Playnot

Jul 29, 2019
If this helps anyone, here's my basic setup for the ores, it could handle a lot more upgrades (especially on the sieves), but all in it's own time..also power issues. About 1k for the whole setup including the Hammerer, Sieves, Synthesizer/Decomposer. So far the only problem i can see is that the hammerer is a bit on the slow side even with 40 speed upgrades, i'll probably be adding another one soon. Also the broken ores barrels aren't really necessary, but they're there, because the hammerer can't keep up with the sieves at the moment.
E7gPLcn.jpg

P.S. I really gave up on relocators and other things, went with Ender IO conduits, because they seem easier to me. However the special chest with the packagers is a key point in the whole thing..otherwise i'd be looking at a lot of Crafters for each ore maybe.
P.P.S No filters were used on any of the Ender IO conduits (except one filter on the main sieves output chest on the top, just so i can get items other than broken ores away. Seems that the hammerer and the special chest recognize what they have to pull/push through the conduits so it works perfectly.

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly for smelting I just grab it all and send it through an enderio furnace with an octadic capacitor, I haven't messed with the modular furnace at all yet, I think I am going to end up going nuclear though.

Playnot

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly for smelting I just grab it all and send it through an enderio furnace with an octadic capacitor, I haven't messed with the modular furnace at all yet, I think I am going to end up going nuclear though.
Modular seems like the fastest so far and with enough efficiency you could smelt a stack with a stick :)

Reactions: Caithleen

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019

Did you allready decompose that copper chests and tin cans from food? :D

RedRobin96

Jul 29, 2019
In order to coat stuff in minechem elements does it have to be a molecule or can it just be a basic element, because I have been trying to put silicone or titanium on a sword and it isn't working.

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
In order to coat stuff in minechem elements does it have to be a molecule or can it just be a basic element, because I have been trying to put silicone or titanium on a sword and it isn't working.
There are only certain compounds that work, most of them complex compounds at that.

On my current weapon I have Tetrodotoxin (holds them in place), potassium cyanide(strong long lasting wither effect),phosgene(fire),nodularin(damage/slowness I think),mescaline(damage, nausea, poison),psilocybin(damage),Dimethyltryptamine(damage/weakness),Pantherine(damage I think)

I can hit any evolved mob and if I just run they will die eventually, or pretty much on the second hit if I want to hasten it. I am going to put all this on a tough alloy sword soon....

Reactions: Caithleen
Status
Not open for further replies.