Listed - 1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playnot

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, got that also..seems i'm ready to go

P.S. Would i need a parachute on Mars or is it low-grav again?

Playnot

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to easily transport from one planet to the other, like teleports or similar to the books from Mystcraft?

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
check the rf tool teleporters. any way of fastg moving helps in finding caves. buggy, quantum suite :D

Playnot

Jul 29, 2019
Have you thought about putting quests for those mods, because i just litteraly blew my mind when i saw that i can craft almost anything from RF tools and Quantum from base materials without any Desh at all...and i thought i was stuck on progress until i go to Mars.

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
Are we supposed to be able to make sapphire from pluto before every being able to go to pluto? I did using using the minechem fusion recipe.... And now I see why the buffer is so large now.

Playnot

Jul 29, 2019
Went on a large radius of my base on Mars and can't find a single Desh deposit...wiki says it's supposed to be about 15 clumps per chunk, but i dug out an entire chunk to check and it's not there...any specific type of cave i have to look for?

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
Went on a large radius of my base on Mars and can't find a single Desh deposit...wiki says it's supposed to be about 15 clumps per chunk, but i dug out an entire chunk to check and it's not there...any specific type of cave i have to look for?
Tried sifting Mars materials? I'm sure if you quarry, you have a mountain of that stuff

Playnot

Jul 29, 2019
Tried sifting Mars materials? I'm sure if you quarry, you have a mountain of that stuff
Yeah, that's what i'm doing at the moment minus the quarry(gathering materials for it), but i thought it was supposed to spawn as an ore too..

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
The desh deposits are usually under y=60. I find many of them wile just caving randomly and try and hope for finding one of the huge caves with the vines and sludge, they are a jackpot for desh. Make sure and have fortune if you can.

Reactions: Playnot

Qanthelas

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for this pack! It has been a great way to check out some mods like Minechem and Galacticraft that I've seen in passing before and thought they were cool but never really dug into them.

For what it's worth, I also had to break and then set back my Chemical Decomposers after upgrading to 1.4.8 (think it has to do with a change in their buffer size?)

I have a cobble gen -> stone barrel -> lava -> obsidian -> Chemical Decomposer -> Gravel from the Silicon Dioxide -> auto-sifter set up going and it is slowly giving me hope that I can get the materials I need to making all the stuff the quest books calls for, especially the iron. Thanks for that great post on page 21 here in this thread!

I'm working on the Galacticraft questline and I'm hung up on the Thermal Padding set. What's a good way to get wool? I can do Ex Nihilo silk worms on trees to get string and use string to make the wool, but I'm estimating a stack and a half of wool so that'd be 6 stacks of string and that seems like it would take a while. Especially since this is a MineChem heavy pack I figured making the wool that way would be better, but I am having a hard time getting the Nitrogen I need.

tl;dr question: What's a good way to get lots of Nitrogen? (Before being able to farm Skeletons in a spawner for their arrows and presumably without chickens because I haven't seen any eggs nor spawn eggs for them so thus no feathers.)

Reactions: Caithleen

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
Personally I found sourcing nitrogen to be too difficult that early on. I just pulled the plug on my tree farm, let all the saplings grow and then seeded the silkworms, letting them go while I did other stuff for an hour or so. It seemed like a lot at the time, but using bone crooks made it go faster and I think gives a better drop rate. I think nitrogen is purposely difficult to source before reaching mars.

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know what items are Reward Bag exclusive? I am neurotic and hate missing exclusive items so I feel compelled to take the reward bags.

I'm pretty sure Summon Paul egg is exclusive to the reward bag. Any others?

Last edited:

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Nitrogen - strings ;)

Are we supposed to be able to make sapphire from pluto before every being able to go to pluto? I did using using the minechem fusion recipe.... And now I see why the buffer is so large now.

Well its possible now to make them earlier with the t4 revamp. But nothing i would call balance or game breaking. If you allready fusion that stuff, you are near to t3 rocket anyway.

DaveyBeer

Jul 29, 2019
Might gonna play this seems interresting

Yes My Last Name Is Beer Its Dutch For Bear ;) Soo Wanna Have a Beer Ask Me ;P

Zarifeke

Jul 29, 2019
Cocoa beans are also a good source of nitrogen. Get enough nitrogen to make one, use cellulose to make jungle wood, set up a wall of them and harvest cocoa beans whenever you can. That was how I solved all my nitrogen, hydrogen, oxygen and carbon needs in the early to mid game.

Reactions: Qanthelas
Status
Not open for further replies.