Listed - 1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Theres a questline that teaches you the basic stuff about rockets and demands to build a t2 rocket. It also asks you to make all the things needed for rocket launch/giving you things for it. Even thermal padding is in.

If you choose to ignore the questline, what should i do?

SilverDk

Jul 29, 2019
I saw the quest but the materials seems complicated so I thought I need to start with tier 1 first. Didn't know that I must go tier 2 directly. Not complaining, just saying

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
Somebody has a good setup of steam generator. The RF production of mine goes up and down to quickly (ex : it generate 150 RF/t and the second after RF drop to 50 RF/t and it cycle every second).

I've converted my gas turbine in steam turbine because I run into a problem with my diamond chopper, suddenly spruce trees around it refuse to growth after several days.

I should replace it by an EI farming station but @Caithleen said that syngas being nerfed.

hanjuso

Jul 29, 2019
Quests do suggest making tier 2 rocket, but it's not obvious. I can see that I'm not the only one that made a mistake of making a tier 1 rocket first.

Last edited:

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Well ...

I wont make you unable to craft, can i know that you want to mars or maybe make a space station?
The quest clearly leads you through progression by demanding a T2 rocket. NEI clearly shows that the T2 rocket does not need a T1 rocket. So theres no time i suggest to make a T1. The quest explaining progression to the next tier wants a T2 rocket - how more obvious could it be?
I know especially galacticcraft can be a bit unintuitive at times (the hardcoded side i/o), but theres enough guidance avaible.

hanjuso

Jul 29, 2019
The quest does require t2 rocket so it's not bad, but it leaves us wondering: Why t2? What about t1? Why should I skip a tier? A simple information that t1 is not good enough would help.

Zarifeke

Jul 29, 2019
Still syngas is better than that awfull steam turbine. Why not make rocket fuel?

What's so bad about the steam turbine? Sure, it takes a lot of setup and resources, but I've currently got mine putting out 2K RF/t without any input from me. Though I totally understand if the other ways are way better/more efficient, I only tried the gas turbine and got sick of manually putting propane tubes into tanks XD

Somebody has a good setup of steam generator. The RF production of mine goes up and down to quickly (ex : it generate 150 RF/t and the second after RF drop to 50 RF/t and it cycle every second).

I've converted my gas turbine in steam turbine because I run into a problem with my diamond chopper, suddenly spruce trees around it refuse to growth after several days.

I should replace it by an EI farming station but @Caithleen said that syngas being nerfed.

RF production on the advanced generator turbines only shows what's actively being used. So depending on what your machines are doing, that could be causing the fluctuation if stuff is turning on and off or whatever.

If not, then it likely means there's an issue in the setup. Steam not being pumped fast enough into the turbine, not enough water going into your heat exchanger, not enough lava, etc.

I have about 15 crucible/pure awesomeite blocks melting cobble into lava, then the lava is pumped into the heat exchanger system. For water I have a transfer pipe with about 15 world interaction upgrades on top of an infinite water setup. Combine that with the actual steam turbine having 2 vibrant turbines and 5 steel turbines, and I've got 2K RF/t going on.

You basically produce more steam by adding more heat exchanger blocks to the heat exchanger multiblock, then supply more lava/water as necessary. And make sure you aren't bottlenecked by the max output of your conduits.

Zarifeke

Jul 29, 2019
Oh god. Yeah, I can see the problem there D:

Well, it seems pretty good for early to mid game then. Plus I don't need a separate setup to get obsidian for all the gravel my sieves devour and turn into tasty resources.

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
I think too I've a problem with my steam turbine setup and I know that advanced generators adapt the production to demand.

I don't want to spend to much time resolving it. Now I autocraft moonturf and use the gun powder to make rocket fuel in a gas turbine generator.

For the moment I put manually the ingredient in the vats but I work for automating it.

Mine is producing 1.050 RF/t (peak) and I've a single sieving line (moonturf + gravel), rftools teleporters, vat and ender quarry (on mars and powered wirelessly a couple RF entangler/RF exciter).

It seem that the diamond chopper has a problem with RF exciter. When plugged the trees don't grow, when removed it work again.

beocca

Jul 29, 2019
What are we supposed to do once we get our stargate built? Or is this where we wait until the 5'th tier is complete?

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Sadly, since Chetwyndkid seems to be inactive, we have to wait for the map :(

But i allready got someone from the mym building team on it and hope for an update soon :)

Zarifeke

Jul 29, 2019
Switching to a rocket fuel gas turbine is soooooo much better than the steam turbine. I am way overproducing rocket fuel too considering I just threw the system together real quick, which means I can probably make a heck of a lot more turbines. So that's awesome.

Also I wanted to thank you for this pack and the work you do on it. I have a hard time sticking to a modpack unless it has a sort of tiered progression somewhere, and this has that in spades, so I'm pretty addicted. Thanks! :D

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
It is possible to make dust as the drop rate for gunpowder and other things is higher than moon rock.

Envoyé de mon LG-H815 en utilisant Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.