[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

skulg

Jul 29, 2019
With how common mobs are giving you technically infinite xp though you don't really need luck, you just need to keep trying over and over and over again until you get it
You still need luck. You are still dealing with a statistical distribution and the fact that you can make several tries doesn't negate that.

Saying that we don't need luck because we could theoricly gain infinite experience(only true if we were immortal human being) is like saying that you don't need luck to win at the lotery since if you have a job you have infinite money and you just have to try again and again.

Kagemaru

Jul 29, 2019
My passiv mobs seem to be attacking me. Wasn´t that changed a few versions back? I´m on 1.2.8 if that matters

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
You still need luck. You are still dealing with a statistical distribution and the fact that you can make several tries doesn't negate that.

Saying that we don't need luck because we could theoricly gain infinite experience(only true if we were immortal human being) is like saying that you don't need luck to win at the lotery since if you have a job you have infinite money and you just have to try again and again.
Except that is different, you don't have a near infinite amount of money, in fact it is quite the opposite.

skulg

Jul 29, 2019
Except that is different, you don't have a near infinite amount of money, in fact it is quite the opposite.
you made the assumption that you had infinite amount of experience which isn't true either. You only have infinite experience if you have infinite time. Same goes for money.

As an exemple if you have 0 experience right now and I ask you to make 10000 enchants (which is far far less than infinity) in the next 5 min you wouldn't be able as you can gain finite amount of experience per amount of time.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Not in the next 5 minutes, but if you spend enough time and live long enough it would work

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
you made the assumption that you had infinite amount of experience which isn't true either. You only have infinite experience if you have infinite time. Same goes for money.

As an exemple if you have 0 experience right now and I ask you to make 10000 enchants (which is far far less than infinity) in the next 5 min you wouldn't be able as you can gain finite amount of experience per amount of time.
You have better chances to get a fortune enchanted item from five minutes of experience gathering than from five minutes of working at most jobs pay gives you a lottery winner.

skulg

Jul 29, 2019
You have better chances to get a fortune enchanted item from five minutes of experience gathering than from five minutes of working at most jobs pay gives you a lottery winner.
Yes but are you guaranteed to get a fortune item in those 5 min ? No , therefore luck is involved. Of course winning at a lottery doesn't have the same statistical distribution as enchanting a fortune item but both are probabilities and therefore involve luck.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Yes but are you guaranteed to get a fortune item in those 5 min ? No , therefore luck is involved. Of course winning at a lottery doesn't have the same statistical distribution as enchanting a fortune item but both are probabilities and therefore involve luck.
Most people don't only spend 5 minutes playing a game, the statistical improbability that during your entire time of playing the modpack you don't get the enchantment is so negligible it is basically nil. Whereas most people can work their entire life and not win a single lottery.

Lagman

Jul 29, 2019

So will you spend next 50 days complaining about philosophy and difference between real life and minecraft? Because then you should start a new discussion or we will have 5000 useless pages per day...

Reactions: Crittenden2

jckiller2089

Jul 29, 2019
Me personally I went for the mariculture magic mirror. You can shift-right click with mirror in hand and select the levels at which you want to enchant. It has 100 uses but can be repaired with the mariculture anvil.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Me personally I went for the mariculture magic mirror. You can shift-right click with mirror in hand and select the levels at which you want to enchant. It has 100 uses but can be repaired with the mariculture anvil.
Does it do vanilla enchants?

manebear

Jul 29, 2019
I think I've found a mod interaction bug with Adventurer's backpacks.

I have a zombie backpack that I'm wearing as a necklace in the amulet bauble slot. I also have krekonite armor combined with a camel pack that I wear as chest armor. Occasionally the camel pack part of the krekonite is destroyed. I think it may be when I put the backpack down to use the sleeping back then pick it back up and put it back around my neck.

It renders on my front.

I get kind of thirsty when my camel pack is wrecked by the adventurer's backpack.

Edit: I have been able to reproduce it. It occurs when I open my backpack. It destroys the camel pack off my armor.
Edit 2: It also turned the enchanted carbonite body armor into normal krekonite body armor.

Oh. It appears to have just been a rendering bug. Nevermind.

Edit 3: It is a rendering bug if you open the backpack and then close it. If you hit R, it clears. If you open the backpack and put something in/take something out, the armor loses its enchants, name, and attached camel pack. It basically reverts to a default version with the same durability.

Last edited:

skulg

Jul 29, 2019
Most people don't only spend 5 minutes playing a game, the statistical improbability that during your entire time of playing the modpack you don't get the enchantment is so negligible it is basically nil. Whereas most people can work their entire life and not win a single lottery.

That is still dependant on the amounts of tries of said person. The only way that a probabilistic event is sure is if you have infinite of tries or if the event is degenerate.

So will you spend next 50 days complaining about philosophy and difference between real life and minecraft? Because then you should start a new discussion or we will have 5000 useless pages per day...
Where did you see me complain about philosophy. You seem to confuse using analogies with complaining.

And in my opinion using forum space to correct someone about basic math so that they can learn is never wasted/useless. The fact that someone would think otherwise is kinda sad.

Reactions: RehabOholic

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
That is still dependant on the amounts of tries of said person. The only way that a probabilistic event is sure is if you have infinite of tries or if the event is degenerate.
Again, the chances for the enchantment are so good it being not likely is negligible at best.

skulg

Jul 29, 2019
Again, the chances for the enchantment are so good it being not likely is negligible at best.
We are just repeating ourselves now so let's just end this :) Never wanted to make a huge debate out of it just wanted to correct you on the "No luck involved" statement.
I'll agree with you that if a player put enough of time and of tries he'll eventually will gets it.
Have a nice day :)

Reactions: Crittenden2

jckiller2089

Jul 29, 2019
Does it do vanilla enchants?

Oh yeah! And got a fortune 3 with I think unbreaking 2 hammer on very first try :) I especially like the adjustable levels thing too.

Edit: I think the special enchants only apply to the jewelry you can make from mariculture. But not 100% positive on that.

gr3gdg

Jul 29, 2019
this has prob already been covered, but is there a quest that gives the sync shell fabricator(whatever the thing is called haha).....ive had to restart like 40 times and id love to get this on the go...i think im just moving the wrong way through the quest tree i havent seen it yet :/

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Oh yeah! And got a fortune 3 with I think unbreaking 2 hammer on very first try :) I especially like the adjustable levels thing too.

Edit: I think the special enchants only apply to the jewelry you can make from mariculture. But not 100% positive on that.
Awesome. I've considered looking into it myself...

this has prob already been covered, but is there a quest that gives the sync shell fabricator(whatever the thing is called haha).....ive had to restart like 40 times and id love to get this on the go...i think im just moving the wrong way through the quest tree i havent seen it yet :/
I did get it pretty early on? Maybe try different quest trees?

cemicles

Jul 29, 2019
With how common mobs are giving you technically infinite xp though you don't really need luck, you just need to keep trying over and over and over again until you get it, and remember once you get it you can use the mariculture anvil to repair it at the cost of xp or the flaxbeard anvil to repair it at the cost of steam.
I set up the flaxbeard hammer w/ the vanilla anvil. If I want to repair my helmet I have to provide another helmet in the right slot. Hammer will not repair item w/ steam only. Am I missing something? I am clicking on hammer not the anvil.

cemicles

Jul 29, 2019
Can you or anybody else show me a screenshot of their mob farm(spawner)? And I didnt know that the spikes damage them to the point where you can hit them just once and they are dead, I thought spikes will kill them directly but dont drop experience.
Sorry no pictures but all you need to do is create a dark area (make is 3 high for enderman) for the mobs to spawn or if you lucky cursed earth. I use fans (or water if you still early game but this will not give you enderpearls because endermen will teleport with water) to push the mobs into a pit. I like to use a 3 deep pit with 4 spikes on the bottom. This will kill the mobs but not allow them to jump out of the pit. Place another single spike on the ceiling above the pit to kill the spiders climbing the walls. A vacuum hopper will collect drops and experience. Spikes count as play kills so they drop armour, etc. which is a great source of iron and gold.

Cursed earth will spawn mobs whenever is dark but if you don't have cursed earth you will have to build the mob spawner approx 128 blocks in the air to get decent mob spawn rates.