[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Slappy Po Tatos

Jul 29, 2019
I found the solution to the ticking memory connection problem. Remove all versions of the Java Run-time Environment (JRE) and then install Java SE Runtime Environment 7u21 (Update 21). Java is at update 75 at the time of this post, so you have to dig a little to find this older version of Java.

I am not able to play BlastOff with the
Description: Ticking memory connection

java.lang.NullPointerException: Ticking memory connection

Catfather12

Jul 29, 2019
I've looked through this thread and the mariculture wiki, but cannot find out how to fill a vat with fluid metal (for the gears quest). I can imagine getting a bucket of fluid iron out of a TC crucible though I don't know how to waterproof pipes, and TBH haven't tried)--what is the best way to get the fluid iron into the vat? (I'm on 1.2.7 if it matters)

Also, this is my favorite pack since Agrarian Skies--like crash landing with an end game. I'm so excited--never played galactic craft so cannot wait to get to that part.

Barditron

Jul 29, 2019
This pack the only enchant guarantee is the ENDER IO enchanter. If you are going with the vanilla luck way, remember, you can use the Crucible Oven to disenchant so you don't waste a ton of diamonds (but you won't get any meaningful xp back) and just remember that in the new pack you start with all that xp in the walls to help you out. I for one do think that you absolutely have to fast track your way to that Alloy Smeltery, picking up what you can along the way.

Reactions: Catfather12

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I've looked through this thread and the mariculture wiki, but cannot find out how to fill a vat with fluid metal (for the gears quest). I can imagine getting a bucket of fluid iron out of a TC crucible though I don't know how to waterproof pipes, and TBH haven't tried)--what is the best way to get the fluid iron into the vat? (I'm on 1.2.7 if it matters)
You can use smeltery drains and faucets for this. Basically just as if it was a casting table or basin.
Oh and the faucet will also work on crucibles and crucible furnaces.

Barditron

Jul 29, 2019

Also, this is my favorite pack since Agrarian Skies--like crash landing with an end game. I'm so excited--never played galactic craft so cannot wait to get to that part.
Crucible furnaces also have an option to autoeject fluids into an adjacent inventory such as a vat.

Catfather12

Jul 29, 2019
lijfa and Barditron, very helpful, thanks! Solved my problem

By the way, this is one of the most positive/helpful threads I've interacted with (don't say it to loud, the trolls hate the word positive)

Last edited:

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Bug alert!

Or rather not a bug really but an unknown consequence of using Ender Storage.
Ender Storage disables the vanilla ender chest and if one somehow acquires it they make it VERY difficult to place one.
The Teleporty Thingy quest should use one of the Ender Storage ender chests as a reward option otherwise anyone who chooses the vanilla one will never be able to get a second one even if they somehow find a way to place it down.

Last edited:

Asurada11

Jul 29, 2019
Bug alert!

Or rather not a bug really but an unknown consequence of using Ender Storage.
Ender Storage disables the vanilla ender chest and if one somehow acquires it they make it VERY difficult to place one.
The Teleporty Thingy quest should use one of the Ender Storage ender chests as a reward option otherwise anyone who chooses the vanilla one will never be able to get a second one even if they somehow find a way to place it down.
vanilla ender chest is kinda useless anyway, i dont think hoppers and item conduits or any other similar pipes work with it

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
EnderStorage makes it so that you can't place down vanilla Ender chests. You can still craft it for use in recipes though.

Lagman

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry I clicked the wrong quote button my bad :/
But I have a question. What kind of armor is enough to go to the "roguelike" dungeon? I have the steam exosuit with 2 copper, 1 iron and 1 brass. I had 7 seconds before those mobs beat the sh*t out of me and I had just 2 hearts and insanity 2. I find it impossible to go there and survive because those spawners seem to never stop spawning those mobs and infernals. Are you sure that it is possible to get there in ANY way for more than 2 minutes without dying?
edit: Great now I forgot to click the quote thing again :mad: . Why am I so stuhped? :(

Last edited:

Discoroo

Jul 29, 2019
I really want to play this pack, but I'm having an issue with my texture packs. For whatever reason it doesn't seem to want to keep my packs loaded and I'm not sure what is going on here. I can go in to the resource pack selector, add the pack I want to the list, but after clicking done, it doesn't load and when I go back in to the pack selector, it shows up in the available list, not in the selected list.

Just to be clear, I've tried both a patched version of 1.7 Sphax, and the default 1.7 Sphax packs, but neither of them load any textures. When I go into the game, everything is default and my packs remain unselected. I've been patching and using texture packs for years now and this is the only modpack that has given me any issues. Anyone have any ideas what is going on?

Barditron

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry I clicked the wrong quote button my bad :/
But I have a question. What kind of armor is enough to go to the "roguelike" dungeon? I have the steam exosuit with 2 copper, 1 iron and 1 brass. I had 7 seconds before those mobs beat the sh*t out of me and I had just 2 hearts and insanity 2. I find it impossible to go there and survive because those spawners seem to never stop spawning those mobs and infernals. Are you sure that it is possible to get there in ANY way for more than 2 minutes without dying?
edit: Great now I forgot to click the quote thing again :mad: . Why am I so stuhped? :(
since this is minecraft, and not an actual roguelike game, it is suggested that we dig through the walls to clear the dungeons. Relatively safe that way.

Lagman

Jul 29, 2019
since this is minecraft, and not an actual roguelike game, it is suggested that we dig through the walls to clear the dungeons. Relatively safe that way.
Yeah but just "relatively"

Does anybody have a mob farm(mob spawner)? I would like to see it if you could give me a screenshot.