[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

kvdlem

Jul 29, 2019
hey im doing blastoff with another player and the utility mobs turrets keep attacking me if she builds them and that with that book doesn't work either how can I fix it that the turret doesn't attack players

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
hey im doing blastoff with another player and the utility mobs turrets keep attacking me if she builds them and that with that book doesn't work either how can I fix it that the turret doesn't attack players
Craft a book with a bone, right click that book on each other

myhv

Jul 29, 2019
I had a problem with meteors falling on one chunk repeatedly. Nothing around my base (with unupgraded shield) but a specific chunk had been covered in them, in a jarring perfect square area. Also none of the new "dungeons" seems to spawn glowstone. I've cleared all of them with 0 results.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
I had a problem with meteors falling on one chunk repeatedly. Nothing around my base (with unupgraded shield) but a specific chunk had been covered in them, in a jarring perfect square area. Also none of the new "dungeons" seems to spawn glowstone. I've cleared all of them with 0 results.
Glowstone can be found in the first few levels...

KayelGee

Jul 29, 2019
If by dungeons you mean the bunkers then yes they don't have glowstone. The old roguelike dungeons still exists but are farther from your base then before and they have glowstone. But there are alternative glowstone sources like the spires and the krekorite meteors with their nether portals.

Furo0179

Jul 29, 2019
How do you go about crafting mana steel? I seen several pages back it said that had been fixed not to require botanical brewery but I have redownloaded server files for 1.2.7 and still shows to require that. Single player shows a cauldron but the server seems different. Is there a file I can easily edit to fix this?

sagragoth

Jul 29, 2019
If by dungeons you mean the bunkers then yes they don't have glowstone. The old roguelike dungeons still exists but are farther from your base then before and they have glowstone. But there are alternative glowstone sources like the spires and the krekorite meteors with their nether portals.

Yeah a lot of the quest dialogue probably needs updating, but that would mean time spent on fluff and would take time away from working on other more important features.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
How do you go about crafting mana steel? I seen several pages back it said that had been fixed not to require botanical brewery but I have redownloaded server files for 1.2.7 and still shows to require that. Single player shows a cauldron but the server seems different. Is there a file I can easily edit to fix this?
Copy the botania .zs file across

Lagman

Jul 29, 2019
What is the most efficient way of processing hardened ores(flaxbeards smashed ores) when you havent started industrial revolution quest line, and after you have started it.

Furo0179

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for super fast reply karmacharger figured it was something simple I was missing. Love the modpack.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
What is the most efficient way of processing hardened ores(flaxbeards smashed ores) when you havent started industrial revolution quest line, and after you have started it.

Well the most efficient in early game is:
- Have a silktouch-pickaxe to collect the hardened ore.
- Put the hardened ore through the vat-recipe (2 buckets of lava turns it into normal ore)
- if you have a fortune 3 hammer already: hammer the ore down to dust (so hammer the ore, then put the stuff you get together, hammer that down once more and a third time)
(If you not have the fortune 3 hammer yet: really worth trying to work on it. It helps -alot-)
- Put the ore-dust-blocks into the tinkers' construct smeltery

You get quiet alot of ingots this way.

For the smashed ores you get from hammering meteors: Crafting them together and putting them through the process aboth (so vat, hammering, smelting) is only worth when you have a fortune 2, better fortune 3 hammer, before that it's better to just put the smashed ores directly into the smeltery.
So saying that: Fortune 3 hammer helps alot, really alot for getting more ingots.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
So how can I actually get Fortune enchant? And is there any quest for enchanting?

I got mine the vanilla-enchanting way. You need some luck to get the enchant.
So best would be some sort of early mobfarm (best with wooden spikes so you need only to hit them once for the exp. Or if you're at the point you can turn the 3 iron spike from the flaxbeard quest into golden ones, you can use them with the other 2 you get from a quest into a nice automatic exp-machine... that is if you have a vacuum hopper ^^)

Or: You can try to find dark-steel in dungeons and make the ender-io enchanter (you need to find 4 ingots for that... so quiet risky and need some luck to find them, too).

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
With how common mobs are giving you technically infinite xp though you don't really need luck, you just need to keep trying over and over and over again until you get it, and remember once you get it you can use the mariculture anvil to repair it at the cost of xp or the flaxbeard anvil to repair it at the cost of steam.

Last edited:

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Or: You can try to find dark-steel in dungeons and make the ender-io enchanter (you need to find 4 ingots for that... so quiet risky and need some luck to find them, too).
I'm glad that I managed to bring up enough Galgadorian metal and PCBs for an alloy smelter :D

Lagman

Jul 29, 2019
So best would be some sort of early mobfarm (best with wooden spikes so you need only to hit them once for the exp. Or if you're at the point you can turn the 3 iron spike from the flaxbeard quest into golden ones, you can use them with the other 2 you get from a quest into a nice automatic exp-machine... that is if you have a vacuum hopper ^^)

Can you or anybody else show me a screenshot of their mob farm(spawner)? And I didnt know that the spikes damage them to the point where you can hit them just once and they are dead, I thought spikes will kill them directly but dont drop experience.

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
yeah im a complete nub to this pack but how am i supposed to get water for the steam boilers or am i supposed to just keep popping water bottles into a stone barrel and doing it that way?

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
yeah im a complete nub to this pack but how am i supposed to get water for the steam boilers or am i supposed to just keep popping water bottles into a stone barrel and doing it that way?
No, you can use an Archimedes Screw next to an infinite water source