[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

BenFerdo

Jul 29, 2019
I downloaded the last version of the modpack, and tested the map. The quest Dungeon of Getting started is impossible I think with the new map : we can obtain the head of zombie but the glowstone block... Sorry if i forgot something to validate the quest

Barditron

Jul 29, 2019
-Enabled Pigman 100% infernal

-Added diamond armor/tools -> diamonds recipe for the pneumaticraft pressure chamber

-AE quests now can be started at any time
Sorry i will never be happy when a passive mob that will gang up on me if i reciprocate can attack me anyway. 100% pigman infernal :(

Finally a use for my diamond tool mob drops :)

AE change is really cool :)

Astasia

Jul 29, 2019
I feel like there are way too many quests about power gen, in a pack where you don't really use much power. Even when you had the mekanism power costs jacked up it didn't really matter, the solars and stuff required by quests more than covered it. Like right now I have to build 4 mekanism advanced solars, and 8 galacticraft advanced solars, and I can't help but think, "why am I doing this?" I already have way more than enough power gen. The power balance of these mods is sort of focused around having a large constant influx of ore to be processed, or several expensive to run EnderIO farming stations, but we have neither going on, and the machines only run to build a handful of crafting components, and the only constant draw is AE.

Tsuke13

Jul 29, 2019
So how do I get Enhanced Galgadorian Metal Ingots now?
Recipe wants Large Lumps smelted, except I can't make large lumps now. No NEI recipe, and the old way of doing it isn't working anymore.

cemicles

Jul 29, 2019
Give your self a bedrock facade and unlock the server quests.... then give the spatial drives to the sever quest for the rewards

I am playing 1.2.6, everything is playing great.

I don't understand what the following line in your change log means. BTW I am playing an old save world. New world (Aesthetics changes) , the spatial drives from the quest may not be able to use in old world... If you are on old world use server quests to get reward... I don't see how this relates to quest book . I tried old spatial drives and they work. Am i missing something? Is it something important?

Kartze

Jul 29, 2019
I am playing 1.2.6, everything is playing great.

I don't understand what the following line in your change log means. BTW I am playing an old save world. New world (Aesthetics changes) , the spatial drives from the quest may not be able to use in old world... If you are on old world use server quests to get reward... I don't see how this relates to quest book . I tried old spatial drives and they work. Am i missing something? Is it something important?

No what it mean is in case it won't work, the fix should be to do that.

Astasia

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm only getting 1 compressed steel/iron/etc. when using the electric compressor to compress 2 ingots, the NEI recipes say I should be getting 2, and I am 80% sure I was getting 2 the last time I tried (which was maybe during the first or second 1.2.6 beta version). Is this something that was changed in the pack intentionally? Or was it something that changed with the Galacticraft version update? Or was I just imagining getting 2 at a time before?

Edit: Oh I see, it will take 4 ingots at a time to make 2 compressed, if you only put 2 ingots in it only makes one. It probably hasn't changed I just wasn't paying attention before.

Barditron

Jul 29, 2019
So how do I get Enhanced Galgadorian Metal Ingots now?
Recipe wants Large Lumps smelted, except I can't make large lumps now. No NEI recipe, and the old way of doing it isn't working anymore.
Karma has a new recipe that makes Blocks of Enhanced Galgador in the pressure chamber then the laser. Try backtracing the recipe in NEI from the blocks.

Karma left the smelting recipe in for people who already had lumps crafted when they upgrade versions.

RojoM

Jul 29, 2019
So....I started my world back in 1.09....is it a good time to restart? XD I dont wanna lose all my stuff. But has that game changed enough such that my game is essentially obsolete? Im starting to fell with all the new changes maybe I should redo my world, maybe cheat in some of the grindier quests. But do you guys think a restart will make the game more balanced and fun?

RojoM

Jul 29, 2019
See, this is the issue. That wasn't what the issue was, I was addressing a poor analogy. In fact, karmarchager, you've helped to point out why that analogy was so terrible. Go back a few pages to my original post about all this (I'd just woken up, you can identify it like that) and then you'll see what the actual issue is.

EDIT: Better yet, here's a direct copy-paste of what I've been referring to so no one has to search back a few pages.

This right here is a massive issue. I was pointing out how people seem to be leaving more and more because of the ridiculous grind. The response? "Hurr durr, you makes the silicons from the irons hurr durr." Not even remotely related to what I was saying.

Huh, I've said things to this effect before. Others have said things. I wonder if that means that there may be a real issue with the pack? Naw, karmarcharger's always right, because he's the modpack maker and can do no wrong. (And yeah, just because there are multiple options, that doesn't mean they're all viable at early game. The only early game option to make a tree farm is purely Steve's Carts. It uses basic materials and a cart maker. Flaxbeard's needs a whole steam infrastructure and brass production and Pneumaticaft needs a pressure infrastructure and compressed iron. The only one readily available with no infrastructure required is Steve's Carts; everything else is pretty far from early game.)

See, this is the issue. It's pointed out that there may well be a choice, but only one is feasible early game. Your response is, "Hurr durr, there more than one way hurr durr." As in, you completely ignore what the issue at hand is. So let me restate it yet another time so you may finally understand: Multiple tree farm options aren't the bloody issue. The issue is that, because all but one have infrastructure and advanced material requirements, the only one left standing is the only viable one at early game. Is it clear yet? I recall I had to repeat myself and others over and over again when trying to get you to understand the issue with triple compressed dirt. This is a bloody repeat of that. This is not a good thing. You're ignoring the issue at hand. You're repeating the same "solution" that everyone is telling you isn't a solution at all. This has to stop.

And yeah, I realize I'm a touch late on the subject; I just woke up, but this bugs the heck outta me.

At this point, if you had stopped whining about automation and how there is only one way through the pack, then you would have been at a point with basic automation and so many options of how to go farther. Just actually play the modpack up to the intermediate level, then start complaining. As least the people who complain about galgador actually play the game for a fair bit before expecting an easier haul. (and actually suggest solutions) As karmarcharger said, if you want easy automation where you can brainlessly right click or afk for an hour, play a kitchen sink pack. This pack is meant to be hard and grindy at first. (You are the survivor of a nuclear catastrophe where earth's habitability if marginal, duh) And @karmarcharger is not always right. (He/she had the bright idea of making galgador impossible. Thats what updates are for and the people who complained actually offered solutions)
You on the other hand, are simply complaining about a topic that is simply invalid. Simply put: Go play in a kitchen sink pack. karmarcharger isnt there for your bidding. Now am I addressing your topic? If I'm not, you're simply too hard for my derpy brain to understand, and thats my bad. (Im not being sarcastic)

RojoM

Jul 29, 2019
On a different topic.....@karmarcharger, you mentioned a steves carts cobblegen. How? I really wanna cobblegen but having to make and fuel a steam one is about as easy as simply grinding cobble. Whats the carts one? I have fallen in love with steves carts XD.

RojoM

Jul 29, 2019
Well, when I was pointing out how people were leaving your pack more and more often, instead of addressing that, you tried to divert attention by saying you'd made it possible to get silicone from iron.
As a corollary, when I pointed out that that's not what the issue was, you only repeated that one could get silicone from iron now, completely ignoring the issue.
Isnt getting silicon from iron now the solution? XD Thats karma adressing your issue and fixing it, making silicon easier. Thanks karmarcharger btw :D

KayelGee

Jul 29, 2019
So I've restarted with 1.2.6 again.
The Sanity quest still has the sugar cane as an optional reward, @karmarcharger didn't you say that you wanted to make this non optional?

Also the new map looks nice, it feels more like a futuristic bunker. The garage doors are a little annoying to be honest. I couldn't get inside because a support creeper was slowing me... the door kept closing right in front of my face. I'm not sure if I like that. I guess it won't be a big problem once I have the myFit speed boost but still.

Last edited:

RojoM

Jul 29, 2019
Welp. Im restarting. I cant get the screens because my F2 is broken but I said goodbye to my world in the best way possible. (Gets flaxbeard rocket launcher and 10 rockets) I still have a backup tho in case I want to go back to my pre-midgame world.

Tsuke13

Jul 29, 2019
I quit.
I view Karma as a evil overlord. He clearly was The Mighty Oppressor Greg's ( from FTBGregtech ), apprentice. Now we all hate Greg, this is common Knowledge. But one day Karma thought Greg wasn't making recipes difficult enough. He thought that the people of minecraft should have to grind and suffer even more than what the Mighty Oppressor was doing and such made his own modpack. One modpack crush them all. Enter Karmacharger!

On a serious note, 200 versions ago, I enjoyed the modpack. But things are becoming sooooooooo grindy that it's just not enjoyable.
I think this is why many people are becoming upset, it use to be fun but with every version the mundane things become more unnecessarily difficult.
Point in case, water.
You seem like you want a lvl of imersion which is awesome, but I can't melt snow to drink?
Snow + Fire = Drinkable water changed to
Snow, smash on anvil, combine with bottles, boil bottle in lava only, combine water with leaves, yay drinkable water. All because you could get water bottles from etching fluid?
The water/food aspect of these HQM's is only fun in the beginning when your struggling to survive. After a certain point it becomes tedious because its no longer a real concern.

To make a Enhanced Galgadorian Block which makes ingots used in many recipes you need, ahem:
9 Alumnite
9 Brass
9 Osmium
9 Enhanced Metal
4 ender infused obsidian
4 magical wood
1 Eye of ender
into Pressure Chamber = Drained Galgorian Clump
which goes into a vat of 500mb of blood to make an infused galgorian block
+
1 Atomic Alloy
2 Eye of Galador
1 Ultimate Control Circuit
1 Infused Galgorian Block
into pressure chamber = 9 Enhanced Galgorian Ingots!
If I had more time I'd add all the components together to see what it ultimately costs, but meh I already know it's a lot. It's just not enjoyable this way.
You took something that was already a mild pain in the ass and turned it into something much worse.(Gregtech)

Suggestions :
Keep making it more difficult, but advertise it as such. "I've made the most difficult modpack ever!"
Would at least attract the right kind of players because some people like the MMO level of grind, but for us casual players it's just become more of a chore.

Anyway's my two cent's. Goodluck Karma. o/
2015-02-15_14.11.34.png

srdemon

Jul 29, 2019
So... guys. Let it be my 2 cents for modpack.
I mailed to Karma, so i think he will make some decisions about that "feature". So... I found that a few weeks ago, but I don't seen any references of this thing.
Look here, brothers.
Also, sorry for my pronunciation - english is not my native language and i'm working on it.

Mattsson

Jul 29, 2019
Copper dust 5877:49 Buildcraft additions can not be melted in tinkers construct.

And you need Tinkers copper to make Brass. :| Know there is work arounds but still...

Seems pointless to dust -> furnace to get a galacticore -> tinkers -> brass

srdemon

Jul 29, 2019
Reactions: Nezraddin