[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Tamarea

Jul 29, 2019
Hi. I am new to this pack. I just installed it though FTB and when I log in to play I am told that I dont have permissions to use /hqm quest... and using the book tells me to type that. Ummm... how do I get the hqm to start working for me?

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Hi. I am new to this pack. I just installed it though FTB and when I log in to play I am told that I dont have permissions to use /hqm quest... and using the book tells me to type that. Ummm... how do I get the hqm to start working for me?

Go to 8:00

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
It reads on the main screen when you launch the pack AND it reads in the chat when you log in.

Tamarea

Jul 29, 2019
right... i type /hqm quest and it tells me that i dont have the permissions to do it......i have tried typing it 3 times now and still told that i do not have permissions to do so... that is what confuses me... i am familiar with HQM as i have played both argrain skies and crash landing. usually i do not get a message that tells me that i dont have permissions. this is why i am confused.

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
right... i type /hqm quest and it tells me that i dont have the permissions to do it......i have tried typing it 3 times now and still told that i do not have permissions to do so... that is what confuses me... i am familiar with HQM as i have played both argrain skies and crash landing. usually i do not get a message that tells me that i dont have permissions. this is why i am confused.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019

Go to 8:00
Or just view the above video at 8:00

xMythix

Jul 29, 2019
For anyone having trouble fishing, try this. Create an 8 long 2 deep and one wide area of water. Place a block down on the bottom of the first space to make it *one* deep at the first space. Jump into the one deep space and use the smart moving swimming command. (Default is shift+space+Lcontrol). You may have to check in the options under the control for "grab". It is set as Lcontrol, but so are other controls. I changed the other controls to something different and left "grab" as Lcontrol. When you click those 3 keys together, you will start swimming, which puts you in the water enough so that most of the fish you catch are live fish. You can throw the hook while swimming, too, and the 8 long area seems to be just long enough so the bobber doesn't get caught on the walls. If you do this outside, remember to put blocks above your water sources so they won't freeze. I put mine about 6 blocks up.
The fishing hole as seen from the side:
OOOOOOOO
XOOOOOOO
where O=water and X=block. You stand on the X and start swimming then throw the rod out. To catch a fish, try and wait till the bobber sinks down pretty low, then right click quickly. If you hold right click, it will reel it in AND throw the line out again.

Barditron

Jul 29, 2019
So back in 1.1 if i left the game running in LAN mode for too long, something overloaded something in my computer and the computer straight up shut off, no crash report, nothing. This would happen occasionally in the direwolf pack as well, but that pack has a million mods all trying to work at once in it, I barely have two functioning machines in this pack. I updated to 1.2 so i could get my stripes pipe back, much as that recipe hurt and now running in regular mode i get about 5 to 10 minutes of play before it kills my computer. and my computer isn't epic, but it's good enough to run any game on the market right now, it is only modded minecraft that makes it power down (not shutdown, not blue screen, but completely power off like i unplugged it) and it sounds like i'm not the only one with this issue.

I don't know what changed between 1.1 and 1.2 that is causing this, I heard once about a memory leak in the infernal mobs but that was a while ago i'm sure it was fixed, but this is a problem that i have had in two different mod packs now. Clouds of darkness never had an issue, nor did Running Red, and Direwolf only happened after I'd been playing for hours.

At this point 1.2 is unplayable for me.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
So back in 1.1 if i left the game running in LAN mode for too long, something overloaded something in my computer and the computer straight up shut off, no crash report, nothing. This would happen occasionally in the direwolf pack as well, but that pack has a million mods all trying to work at once in it, I barely have two functioning machines in this pack. I updated to 1.2 so i could get my stripes pipe back, much as that recipe hurt and now running in regular mode i get about 5 to 10 minutes of play before it kills my computer. and my computer isn't epic, but it's good enough to run any game on the market right now, it is only modded minecraft that makes it power down (not shutdown, not blue screen, but completely power off like i unplugged it) and it sounds like i'm not the only one with this issue.

I don't know what changed between 1.1 and 1.2 that is causing this, I heard once about a memory leak in the infernal mobs but that was a while ago i'm sure it was fixed, but this is a problem that i have had in two different mod packs now. Clouds of darkness never had an issue, nor did Running Red, and Direwolf only happened after I'd been playing for hours.

At this point 1.2 is unplayable for me.
Read the first page, disable those mods if you have a slower computer....

On a side note 1.2.4 is out, no more flaxbeard crashes :D

ClassyNukez

Jul 29, 2019
When I load the map, most of the blocks are invisible. Help?
Before you ask for a picture or something, I tried, and it wont let me upload it.

MrRonald_Reagan

Jul 29, 2019
This may sound like a dumb question but am I supposed to be getting Hydration back from water? Because I'm not. Only leaf cider gives me Hydration. And yes it is purified water.

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
This may sound like a dumb question but am I supposed to be getting Hydration back from water? Because I'm not. Only leaf cider gives me Hydration. And yes it is purified water.
Snow block + Mariculture anvil + Smahin' with dat hammer = snow clumps

Snow clumps + bottle = pretty clean water = Good hydration, drinkable only when hungreh

Pretty clean water + oak* leaves = water that makes you hungry and restores some hydration

(Oak only in 1.2.3 and before, 1.2.4 should have oreDic leaves accepted :3)

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Well I didn't wanna waste glowstone or lamps, so it's the best way haha. That or you could put glass below the water with a torch beneath that, although the lanterns work better in my opinion
Plus you don't have to waste glass!