[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

CrouchingOcelot

Jul 29, 2019
Is there some kind of fix/workaround for TiCon tool upgrades not working? I've upgraded my pickaxe with enough lapis for Fortune II, but am not getting extra lapis when I dig out the lapis mounds (lapis output seems to be fixed at a rate of 5 lapis per block), and only one broken ore when digging the hardened ores with said pick. Furthermore, my Alumite Cleaver has gotten the Necrotic I upgrade through mastery, but life steal is not working when i'm using it on the magma slimes near the mounds.

Failing that, can someone tell me what upgrades are broken? I don't want to level up a tool and waste modifier slots on things that don't work.

UPDATE:
Fortune doesn't work on Ores mod blocks because there is no fortune entries in the config files for those blocks.

Necrotic/Lifesteal is just wonky, and sometimes works.

Last edited:

gare

Jul 29, 2019
hey is BlastOff still the code for the pack? I've put it in there but it keeps saying "Invalid Privet Pack"

CrouchingOcelot

Jul 29, 2019
Look for the backups folder in the main 'minecraft' folder.
One thing I discovered is that you can also copy the level.dat file from a backup file to your current world and it will restore your character to the state it was in when the backup was made, the player's inventory, equipment, and even position will be reverted to that previous state, but any changes that the player made to the world after the backup will still be there.

Restoring the level.dat is one way to recover from a hardcore death, as long as you didn't delete your world first. The only downside is that the player's grave when he originally died will be where he last died and breaking it gives you whatever you had in your inventory when you originally died. So, stuff from the backed up character + stuff from the gravestone = duplicate stuff.

I've done it before on Crash Landing. If you don't have backups, you can create a new world identical to the old world and just copy over the level.dat from that world to be able to get a second chance in hardcore.

Last edited:

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Millenaire is pretty cool though, I think the mod is the aromabackup mod.

And my favorite mods are a tie between better dungeons, Tconstruct and Flan's Mod.
Yeah Millenaire is pretty great lol

I dunno I've never really been interested in TiC...

Some images of a mana farm that i threw together in creative.
<snip>
So... the lava gets turned into mana?

Who else thinks this would be a good mod to have when/if cities are added? At least the Hyperion Fast Travel Station!

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...sp-smp-hyperioncraft-borderlands-2-themed-mod
I messaged the dev a while ago to add Millenaire and turn off all of the normal town spawns and to create custom spawns like bandits, barred up survivors who are hiding in dingey shacks, or even sealed off shelters underground with a hole in the wall and it is filled with zombies or something like that, but the dev didn't seemed too interested sadly.

Eye of galgador without requirement for sugarcane. My dream came true.
I made the mistake of not taking the sugarcane, will there ever be sugarcane again or am I never going to have sugarcane? I scoured the dungeons but found none but I didn't go everywhere...?

xD true... i wonder why no one uses the the method u stated lol
lol I learned that from Agrarian Skies

JJD2112

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if this has been brought up, and I have searched, but I am having a major problem with chunk errors in this pack. Don't get me wrong, it is an awesome pack and I WANT to play it, but when giant bands of unloaded chunks surround or run through the starting base, it makes it neigh impossible to play. I have tried taking out all unnecessary mods that decrease lag, like suggested for slower computers, but it has done nothing for me. Please help.

Edit: I'm using the latest version available through the launcher if that helps.

Last edited:

CrouchingOcelot

Jul 29, 2019
Just an update on TiCon upgrades not working.

The Necrotic/Lifesteal enchantment it seems is just a bit wonky. I can't get it to work reliably, but at the same time it appears to work sometimes. It reliably doesn't work against the magma slimes from the spawners though.

I did some stumbling around and eventually came upon documentation for Custom Stuff 2 which is the parent mod of the ores mod and it seems there is a usable property related to fortune here. Since fortune effects for all blocks are turned off by default, you'd need to edit the files for each block in order to enable it.

You can add fortuneModifier[0] = 1; to each block's JS file to make it drop more an extra item per level of fortune (just tested it). Unfortunately I haven't figured out how to get the fortune drops to be based on probability/randomness (fortuneModifer[1 ... 15] are for metadata versions of the block, assuming you've set it up so that a single block ID has various metadata versions)

Last edited:

RedRobin96

Jul 29, 2019
I made the mistake of not taking the sugarcane, will there ever be sugarcane again or am I never going to have sugarcane? I scoured the dungeons but found none but I didn't go everywhere...?
I don't think there are any other ways of getting sugarcane so I guess you might as well spawn in some.

Davs

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think there are any other ways of getting sugarcane so I guess you might as well spawn in some.
I think you can hammer dirt forr it or something. There are magic rods from botania which can place dirt/water.

I'd suggest making the sugar cane reward as non-optional though!

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
I think you can hammer dirt forr it or something. There are magic rods from botania which can place dirt/water.

I'd suggest making the sugar cane reward as non-optional though!
Phew because I didn't want to spawn it in.

and yeah I agree, if this is the only place to get sugarcane it shouldn't be optional...

BrowserXL

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm. I am a little stuck and currently I have no idea how to proceed ... maybe someone can give me a little hint.
So far I have settled in nicely. I built up a constant food supply of about 8 different foods (not all of them delicious but hey ;)) and wanted to use my apples and make some cider ... and here the problem begins.
For the piston as well as the press I need iron ingots, which I don't have.

I was wondering how to produce them. The Flaxbeard crucible is out of reach, since I am lacking clay and I cannot build a vat since I cannot produce copper ingots.
I think I am missing something here. How can I get an ingot production going (small scale would be enough).
I have noticed I can throw the stuff into an ex nihilo crucible to melt it, but how do i get it out of there and use it again?

Any help would be appreciated (PM me if you don't want to spoil in public)

RedRobin96

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm. I am a little stuck and currently I have no idea how to proceed ... maybe someone can give me a little hint.
So far I have settled in nicely. I built up a constant food supply of about 8 different foods (not all of them delicious but hey ;)) and wanted to use my apples and make some cider ... and here the problem begins.

I was wondering how to produce them. The Flaxbeard crucible is out of reach, since I am lacking clay and I cannot build a vat since I cannot produce copper ingots.
I think I am missing something here. How can I get an ingot production going (small scale would be enough).
I have noticed I can throw the stuff into an ex nihilo crucible to melt it, but how do i get it out of there and use it again?

You can use ex nihilo hammers to break hardened gravel up at the top of the spires, you are going to need to craft a bone pickaxe using the TConstruct mod to collect ores, but I think to actually mine iron you are going to need to upgrade the pickaxe.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012

Clay is easy to make. Hammer Sand into Dust, place dust in a water filled Barrel, get a block of clay.

Reactions: BrowserXL

BrowserXL

Jul 29, 2019
Clay is easy to make. Hammer Sand into Dust, place dust in a water filled Barrel, get a block of clay.

Thanks, that was the missing link. That way I can produce the flaxbeard stuff and get the first production going.

@RedRobin
I have the other stuff done already. My pick has an obsidian head already (from the quests). I was just missing that sand and water in a barrel to clay link, since it doesn't show up in NEI. It just shows the VAT way of making clay through water and dirt.

Rubik842

Jul 29, 2019
I think I read hammer COMPRESSED dirt for seeds?

Be careful if you are thinking of hoeing bonemealed grass. I found what happens really funny.

Keen to know if the new version requires a map restart, because I need to restart. So I might wait.

Crittenden

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, that was the missing link. That way I can produce the flaxbeard stuff and get the first production going.

@RedRobin
I have the other stuff done already. My pick has an obsidian head already (from the quests). I was just missing that sand and water in a barrel to clay link, since it doesn't show up in NEI. It just shows the VAT way of making clay through water and dirt.
You can add a tinkers faucet and casting table to get stuff out of the crucible. Check the recipes, they have changed.

Reactions: BrowserXL