[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

MrOomi1974

Jul 29, 2019
Made an even more compact and cheap auto snow farm. (redstone clock, stripe pipe)
WvhW3Jf.png

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
I may disable refilling camel packs with water buckets and renabling infinite water :) However water bottles would only be able to be obtained VIA frying pans
My first reaction was "Yay, awesome!". But on second thought, doesn't it make it too easy? The limited resources and gradually resolving these bottleneck is a major difference compared to Crash Landing. Limited water and how to overcome the shortage is a big part of it. What are the concerns about using the crucibles to get a water production going?

Here a suggestion (and it is really just that, a suggestion):
- Keep the infinite water disabled, keep the recipes for making water from crucibles.
- Make the camel pack only refillable with bottles, which can only be filled in frying pans. (Maybe for 1.1.19?)

This way we can build a decent water production along with Flaxbeard's machines using snow farms and crucibles. And the water for the camel pack has to be produced manually in the beginning.
Then when we get into Pneumaticcraft, we can start to automate the Frying Pans. This fits perfectly into the progression, because it's also the time where we can then build a setup to refill the camel packs automatically/remotely with Pneumaticcraft and SFM.

It would have a second advantage: Making it so that the bottles can only be refilled from Frying Pans and the camel pack can only be refilled from bottles could be quite a challenge. There are lots of mod interactions (not only with Environmine, but also with all the fluids and tanks from other mods), I can imagine there will be a couple of possible exploits and it will take a few version to find/fix them all.

PS: The pack is amazing so far. Please take the suggestion above really just as a personal opinion.

It's a "Stripe Pipe". Powered by an engine it pretty much works like a block breaker. Can be used for an early automated cobblestone generator, too.

And without the engine it acts as a kind of block placer/activator.

MrOomi1974

Jul 29, 2019
Blastoff Ver 1.1.17
Frying Pan water bottle bug.
If you connect an import bus to the back of a frying pan and then place a water bottle in the import slot. You will get an infinite supply of water bottles, once the mashed leaves or snow has finished cooking.

The same problem happens if you use Ender IO item conduit to extract the water bottles

java 2015-01-22 09-13-05-43.jpg java 2015-01-22 09-13-15-21.jpg

java 2015-01-22 09-13-05-43.jpg
java 2015-01-22 09-13-15-21.jpg

Last edited:

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
After pondering a lil while about it, I have to agree with Methusalem. My first reaction (as seen in my last post :p) was "Yay, don't have to plan for 20 frying pans". But thinking a bit again I think it really would make things too easy again when infinite water would be back. (especially with people finding ways to abuse this again like putting the water in a couldron to make it normal water again or so)

Actually I must say I like the frying pans as only way to make water. It really really makes you think about "How to automate them".
So instead of Methusalem I come back to an suggestion I made a few weeks ago after started playing:
If possible lower the water-costs of Flaxbeard alot. Like it's only using 10% of the water it uses now. (maybe a similar tweak to the mekanism-stuff that needs alot of water, salvination or how it's called)

I do not know if that is actually possible (I'm bad with scripting and stuff) but since these things are pretty much the "problem" when it comes to not having infinite water, maybe just tweaking them would be okay for staying with the frying pan as "only water source".

RHSean

Jul 29, 2019
I think because it won't be that difficult to do manually and when you get to automation it will just be like just saving time so yeah I agree with methusalem's idea.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
After pondering a lil while about it, I have to agree with Methusalem. My first reaction (as seen in my last post :p) was "Yay, don't have to plan for 20 frying pans". But thinking a bit again I think it really would make things too easy again when infinite water would be back. (especially with people finding ways to abuse this again like putting the water in a couldron to make it normal water again or so)

Actually I must say I like the frying pans as only way to make water. It really really makes you think about "How to automate them".
So instead of Methusalem I come back to an suggestion I made a few weeks ago after started playing:
If possible lower the water-costs of Flaxbeard alot. Like it's only using 10% of the water it uses now. (maybe a similar tweak to the mekanism-stuff that needs alot of water, salvination or how it's called)

I do not know if that is actually possible (I'm bad with scripting and stuff) but since these things are pretty much the "problem" when it comes to not having infinite water, maybe just tweaking them would be okay for staying with the frying pan as "only water source".
Flaxbeard doesnt have configs for that D:

Swift_slide

Jul 29, 2019
So after playing this modpack for quite some time now (great job on it btw)...I understand the delicate balance of providing the means to get water. You want to "guide" people to use the frying pan technique...I get it, and it's a new and fun/interesting way to go about it. I personally enjoy it more than how Crash Landing handled the water situation.

The only issue I have (which you might have seen in my last episode, I *think* I've seen you comment on my episodes before), is that the Flaxbeard's setup requires a metric buttload of water to operate. I'm also guessing that the Flaxbeards stuff is considered to be our "entry level" power source for Blast Off.

if we're forced to use frying pans for Flaxbeards water (and we won't have drones for quite some time), it's becomes a manual process that is not only tedious, it becomes less efficient than just using traditional fuel (like charcoal in a furnace)...so it feels like I completed a major chunk of quests for no real purpose.

Just my feedback on it so far...overall I'm having a blast (pun intended) with the modpack and I can't wait to dive into more of the quest lines!

edit: also, do you have Twitter? that way I can hit you up with stuff as I go along :)
GENNY!!!!!!!!!!! THX FOR THE VIDS AND NEW MODPACKS AND STUFF! But you are slow ass hell. I started later than you and I'm 4 chapters further.

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
GENNY!!!!!!!!!!! THX FOR THE VIDS AND NEW MODPACKS AND STUFF! But you are slow ass hell. I started later than you and I'm 4 chapters further.

It's probably because Generikb actually builds stuff and makes it look nice. He doesn't just do it DW20-style and throws his machines into a hole in the ground or a cobble 9x9. ;)

Swift_slide

Jul 29, 2019
It's probably because Generikb actually builds stuff and makes it look nice. He doesn't just do it DW20-style and throws his machines into a hole in the ground or a cobble 9x9. ;)
whoops :D hèhèhè XD Maybe I should start making it pretty XD
There's only one small problem.... I can't build nice :D

Reactions: Methusalem