[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

bsaksida

Jul 29, 2019
I've noticed that if you die on hardcore mode that you don't go back to the shell constructor, even though I have a clone in there. Is this intentional, or is this a bug?

Its config. Currently you need Shell storage. Karma said he will fix it in next pach

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any spider spawners? Also i need to farm spawner in plece where they are because there is no way to move them? (before powered spawner)
Botania has a Life Aggregator that can move spawners. (one use) It also has a Life Imbuer that can keep a spawner active even when no players are around. You need to supply mana to it, though.

Xolan

Jul 29, 2019
Did you guys choose Titanium or Magnesium ingots for the Liquid Metal quest? I don't know much about Mariculture and in the research I did, there's nothing that makes one more appealing than the other..

Zavvias

Jul 29, 2019
Basicly magnesium + rutile ore = titanium but as far as i know in 1.1.13 there is no rutile ore spawning/getting method.

Did you guys choose Titanium or Magnesium ingots for the Liquid Metal quest? I don't know much about Mariculture and in the research I did, there's nothing that makes one more appealing than the other..

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Next patch hammer Hardened limestone for titantium nuggets

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
QvdnQel.png

DataReaver

Jul 29, 2019
I never got my tower to work - how high did you have to build it? NOTHING spawned in mine - literally nothing.

I don't think towers work in themselves you would probably have to use cursed earth or using water or conveyor belts under spawners to get a farm going.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Hrm...
Anyonw knows if the "cooling of iron" for the mariculture way of smelting iron is bugged? (it kinda never cools off, everything I found about this bug if rather old ^^)

And anyone can explain the mariculture-way of getting these living cods for me?
Do I have to craft a snorkel and then build like a 3x3x3 Waterblock and fish underwater? (quiet confusing, especially with fishing being so difficult in general with the bobber always getting stucked somewhere, even the "aim at the sky" doesn't work too well :/ )

[edit]
And about a Mob-Tower:
Best bet you can use is magnum-torch plus cursed earth combo. I tried many many ways of spawning mobs in a mobtrap and none really worked until I had this combo.

Last edited:

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
You could get a mob tower to work but you would have to raise your entire base out of spawn range of the ground and then put the tower in the usual place above your base. That is assuming you want to do other things in your base while it is spawning/killing mobs.

If you wanted to see some similar examples you could look at what had to be done to make vanilla witch spawners back when they only spawned in the area of the hut.

Not worth the effort if you can get a division sigil in this pack.

Saelack

Jul 29, 2019
You could get a mob tower to work but you would have to raise your entire base out of spawn range of the ground and then put the tower in the usual place above your base. That is assuming you want to do other things in your base while it is spawning/killing mobs.

If you wanted to see some similar examples you could look at what had to be done to make vanilla witch spawners back when they only spawned in the area of the hut.

I don't understand - why would you have to raise your base? Do they only spawn on the ground/underground?

and from what I understand, the division symbol is kinda a lucky lotto if you get it...

DataReaver

Jul 29, 2019

Tried this a few updates ago and it didnt work can you post a pic to show it working. maybe i didn't go high enough but could have swore i did.

Firedragon13

Jul 29, 2019
How do i get seared brick? i cant smelt grout like normal so i need a smeltery controller and all the other things before i can get my smeltery to work but i cant figure out how to get them.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I don't understand - why would you have to raise your base? Do they only spawn on the ground/underground?

and from what I understand, the division symbol is kinda a lucky lotto if you get it...

If you raise your base off the ground far enough then everything down at ground level despawns, freeing up mob cap for stuff to spawn in your trap. I say raise your base because i assume you don't want to sit there doing nothing in mid-air just to keep your spawner going.

Aggro mob despawn range was/is? >128 blocks from a player. So if your player is 128 or more higher than the terrain all the mobs below you should despawn. Then you've got your trap at least 24 blocks away from you it will be the only place mobs can spawn. You're basically recreating the environment that makes mob spawners work so wonderfully in skyblock maps.

Last edited:

Saelack

Jul 29, 2019
If you raise your base off the ground far enough then everything down at ground level despawns, freeing up mob cap for stuff to spawn in your trap. I say raise your base because i assume you don't want to sit there doing nothing in mid-air just to keep your spawner going.

When I tried this, I had lit up a 100x100 area (basically the area my meteor shield was protecting) and put the mob tower 25 blocks in the sky in there - there should have been no mobs spawning besides in the trap. In fact, when I got fed up with the lack of mobs in the trap, I would go wander outside my walls to fight manually, and had to typically go quite far from my base before _anything_ spawned...

Omnirach

Jul 29, 2019
I built a mob farm inside the dungeon under my base. It works well enough, if I'm close enough to it that things spawn, then I get quite a bit out of it. The problem is that I built it too deep.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
When I tried this, I had lit up a 100x100 area (basically the area my meteor shield was protecting) and put the mob tower 25 blocks in the sky in there - there should have been no mobs spawning besides in the trap. In fact, when I got fed up with the lack of mobs in the trap, I would go wander outside my walls to fight manually, and had to typically go quite far from my base before _anything_ spawned...

There are Rogue-likes all over the place in this pack. I wouldn't assume there was no place underground where mobs could spawn.

100x100 isn't big enough even if there is no place underground. The despawn radius is supposedly 128.

It wouldn't be too hard to test. Just nerd pole up to 150ish then slab over 30 or so, build a small dark room, go back to the top of the nerd pole and see if something spawns quickly. I'm fairly confident it will. :)

I'm not far enough into the pack to need a dedicated trap. I have a moat with a trap/kill pit that gets me the zombie flesh/bones I need early game. I'm familiar with the layout of roguelikes so I know where to get endermen, blazes, and creepers so I probably won't need a dedicated trap now that I think of it.

Update: Just built this in a test world. Behavior is as expected. Built darkroom, moved > 24 blocks away for not even a minute, walk back, 4 mobs in the darkroom already.
uy9sWJj.jpg

Oh and of course this only works in SP or if you're the only player on the server since mobcap is shared.

Last edited:

Saelack

Jul 29, 2019
There are Rogue-likes all over the place in this pack. I wouldn't assume there was no place underground where mobs could spawn.

100x100 isn't big enough even if there is no place underground. The despawn radius is supposedly 128.

It wouldn't be too hard to test. Just nerd pole up to 150ish then slab over 30 or so, build a small dark room, go back to the top of the nerd pole and see if something spawns quickly. I'm fairly confident it will. :)

I'm not far enough into the pack to need a dedicated trap. I have a moat with a trap/kill pit that gets me the zombie flesh/bones I need early game. I'm familiar with the layout of roguelikes so I know where to get endermen, blazes, and creepers so I probably won't need a dedicated trap now that I think of it.

Update: Just built this in a test world. Behavior is as expected. Built darkroom, moved > 24 blocks away for not even a minute, walk back, 4 mobs in the darkroom already.
uy9sWJj.jpg

Oh and of course this only works in SP or if you're the only player on the server since mobcap is shared.

Ahh, wasn't aware of the 128 distance - good info. And most of the dungeon under my base was lit - only one level (I believe) that wasn't... but a very valid point - they most likely were causing havoc.

Due to the 128 distance, I would have to be within 128 of the darkroom floor, but > 25 away for the trap to spawn, correct?