[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

TheRonin

Jul 29, 2019
Use hammers on meteors, not pickaxes

It literally takes like 20 seconds per meteorite piece with the hammers (I'm using iron... Dunno if diamond would make a difference). I'm just using the ones that you straight up craft with 2 sticks and two pieces of iron...

Do the Tinker's hammers work too?

BrowserXL

Jul 29, 2019
Put Cobblestone into a crucible. 4 Cobble melt down into one bucket of lava.
The lavalake basicly cover the whole map. You to dig down to level 9 or something. I just discovered this morning that the bottomlevel of the rogue dungeon I am currently exploring is basicly a layer of netherbrick which directly leads to the lake.

Lagman

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone give some tips on automating water production? I'm particularly unsure how to get anything to insert into an anvil, and how to insert ingredients while extracting products from vats... Then the auto-crafting of the fresh water bottles and filling of camel packs I haven't gotten into yet, but I'm sure there's a way to do that too.

Edit: Also, using the "Machine Configurator" from buildcraft seems to cause my client to crash.

Well you need some kind of piping or hoppers but you will need a filtering(emerald) pipe to specify what to grab so it doesn't grab the snow.
The vat has input and output slot, when you right-click it with an item, you will put it into the input slot and you cannot take it out through piping, once it is done processing it will move it to the output slot and then you can pipe it out. The Blacksmith's anvil does NOT have this feature!
I suggest you make item conduits from ender IO but if you don't have access to them pipes will do just fine.

The blacksmith's assistant is the only way I know to automate this, you will need a constant supply of XP under it and hammers run out pretty quickly unless you have enchants on them.

I hope this helps everybody.

TheRonin

Jul 29, 2019
I really suck at this pack... I haven't been able to automate anything and I have like 3 of each ore :\.

There's gotta be a quicker way of hammering the meteor rock? The Ex Nihilo hammer takes ages? Anyone know?

-=Jonas=-

Jul 29, 2019
I seem to be running out of lava... Someone mentioned that there's a lava lake somewhere, where?
You have completed The lava Quest? (20 buckets of lava) Almost infinite lava lakes are under base. I use ender tanks, pump and redstone engine to deploy lava to my base.

Last edited:

-=Jonas=-

Jul 29, 2019
There's gotta be a quicker way of hammering the meteor rock?
Try use diamond hammer from ExNihilo.To maximize speed - enchant it with efficiency V, output - fortune III, durability - unbreaking III.
As a result, you need about 1 second to harvest 1 meteorite block.

BrowserXL

Jul 29, 2019
I really suck at this pack... I haven't been able to automate anything and I have like 3 of each ore :\.

There's gotta be a quicker way of hammering the meteor rock? The Ex Nihilo hammer takes ages? Anyone know?

How far have you ventured into the pack already? I haven't spent much thought on the meteors. I'd rather attack the spires with well designed TC Hammer. You can tear them down that way in a matter of minutes and carry lots of good stuff home.
What ores are you lacking in particular?

Last edited:

TheRonin

Jul 29, 2019
I just built a Steve's Cart and sent it down to mine at level 28... The Quest Book seemed to suggest that there'd be SOME ores down there and the stupid cart cost me a bundle of resources... I've seen some in ravines when traveling over-world? Found nothing but hardened clay so far though.

Is there any ore down there?

Tenshinochi

Jul 29, 2019
I just built a Steve's Cart and sent it down to mine at level 28... The Quest Book seemed to suggest that there'd be SOME ores down there and the stupid cart cost me a bundle of resources... I've seen some in ravines when traveling over-world? Found nothing but hardened clay so far though.

Is there any ore down there?

As far as i've seen the only ores below surface are in ravines & near the bottom of volcanos. I have heard that oregeneration on the moon & the planets beyond is normal so the minecart could probably be used there, but I haven't reached that far yet.

Lagman

Jul 29, 2019

If you want to hammer meteors then I suggest you to install veinminer mod, it is HELLUVA less grind for me right now. If you need help with the actual hammering tell me and I will help you. But be careful with this mod because if you are not... well... you will have BIG holes into the ground...

Foxdemon

Jul 29, 2019

You dont suck, its just a grind doing it without efficiency V, i was also late with meteors, i just mined with pickaxe from spires. Put efficiency V on it with enderIO enchanter. Dark steel you can get in dungeons and stuff. (early game just dig out the roof of the building for access and sleep a while to overcome the mobs). Full automation is late game, semi-automation is quite cheap actually, with use of the hopper, omnidirectional hopper, blocksmasher and BC-pipes you can semi-automate a lot!

How far have you ventured into the pack already? I haven't spent much thought on the meteors. I'd rather attack the spires with well designed TC Hammer. You can tear them down that way in a matter of minutes and carry lots of good stuff home.
What ores are you lacking in particular?

The spires are worthless after early game, untill you get tier 2+ in mekanism oreprocessing (the purification chamber i think). Then you can use vat to turn hardenen ore into normal ore and process that for triple output.

If you want to hammer meteors then I suggest you to install veinminer mod, it is HELLUVA less grind for me right now. If you need help with the actual hammering tell me and I will help you. But be careful with this mod because if you are not... well... you will have BIG holes into the ground...
Dont need that, early game use the enderIO enchanter for making a diamond hammer with fortune and efficiency. Mine the spires with silky pickaxe so you can turn it into normal ore and then process it with TiCo smeltery. Late game you can use drones to mine out meteors with the hammer you made early game. You probably need 2 drones, 1 for mining, 1 for picking the items up.

Reactions: karmarcharger

TheRonin

Jul 29, 2019
Found a use for the cart... It's mining gravel and obsidian above the lava lake... That takes care of the obsidian problem AND I get free flint... SAG mill here I come!

TheRonin

Jul 29, 2019
Where is the Nether dungeons? I don't think I've seen those before...

Also how the hell do you get Ender IO stuff? Apparently the alloy smelter needs Enhanced Galagodirum metal (or some such thing) which according to NEI has no crafting recipe?

Also do I have to have pneumatic craft up first? Ugh... I haven't even started on that. I'm really stuck on how to progress.

Lagman

Jul 29, 2019
Where is the Nether dungeons? I don't think I've seen those before...

Also how the hell do you get Ender IO stuff? Apparently the alloy smelter needs Enhanced Galagodirum metal (or some such thing) which according to NEI has no crafting recipe?

Also do I have to have pneumatic craft up first? Ugh... I haven't even started on that. I'm really stuck on how to progress.

Nether dungeons are on the bottom of the "roguelike" dungeons. Pretty useful stuff there.

Galgadorian blocks, look for them they have a pretty complicated recipe but nothing too bad.

You WILL have to do pneumaticcraft Right NOW, if you want to know more about it watch a spotlight from Direwolf20 he has a great (3-part I think) spotlight where he explains almost everything.

BrowserXL

Jul 29, 2019
The spires are worthless after early game, untill you get tier 2+ in mekanism oreprocessing (the purification chamber i think). Then you can use vat to turn hardenen ore into normal ore and process that for triple output.

True, but we don't know how far he has progressed into the pack. My suspicion is that he hasn't progressed past flax, so giving advice on enderio and mekanism won't help him at the moment anyways. I still live quite well off the spires as well as bunkers and dungeons, so I haven't done that much automation myself so far. I just started to dig into Steve's Carts (Marciculture/BC questlines are done, as well as most of the starterquests except for some botania) and will most likely hit Pneumaticraft parallel to it.

TheRonin

Jul 29, 2019
I have all the seeds except for ink seeds from raiding the city... Which ironically is one of the most important seeds (doh).

I haven't even progressed to Flax yet... I don't have enough ore to make a steam workshop... Copper is so hard to find.

Solved my iron problem though... The city has lots of anvils which I've been looting... Each anvil is like ~15 or more iron bars.

I think once diminishing returns kicks in I'm screwed... All I've got food wise is potatoes... apples and zombie meat...