[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
SvM6AeB.png

?

Reactions: dvMetamorph

Kartze

Jul 29, 2019
This modpack is a really nice one. It's a little difficult (Since I'm so impatient, and end up dying right after i go out) but its one of the most challenged modpacks out there. And i love a good challenge. It even made me make a video on it xD. Now since I'm not so popular of a name, i don't have much watch. But anyway. I like to see the development, and hope it get's far. Even to the point where it can keep up with minecraft updates. :D

Kartze

Jul 29, 2019
Oh and btw, that picture there is amazing. If it's part of the mod atm, then i can't to get to that point in the game.

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
The missions in the "industrial revolution" are kinda a mess. I got to the AE section, and I can't do squat in it without a sag mill to make silicon, and the sag mill is crazy expensive. I had my doubts a few days ago when I saw the galg recipes and how much it's needed, and now that I'm in the grind full effect, I see how painfully dull the rest of this mod is going to be. Perhaps this is fun for some, but not for me. I'll go play something that doesn't make me want to blow my brains out from the boredom of making 10 billion galgawhatever in different variations. Not to mention the billions of pcb's you need. sheesh! I already hated pneumaticcraft.

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
The missions in the "industrial revolution" are kinda a mess. I got to the AE section, and I can't do squat in it without a sag mill to make silicon, and the sag mill is crazy expensive. I had my doubts a few days ago when I saw the galg recipes and how much it's needed, and now that I'm in the grind full effect, I see how painfully dull the rest of this mod is going to be. Perhaps this is fun for some, but not for me. I'll go play something that doesn't make me want to blow my brains out from the boredom of making 10 billion galgawhatever in different variations. Not to mention the billions of pcb's you need. sheesh! I already hated pneumaticcraft.

Is it just me, or does this seem to be happening more and more often in this thread? >_>

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
Is it just me, or does this seem to be happening more and more often in this thread? >_>
I almost gave up a few days ago, but decided to give it another shot. It took me a full day alone just to make the 4 steel casings I needed to start this quest line, and the further I get into it, I just encounter a ton of recipe variations that all ultimately need some forms of galg and pcb's. I'm tired of making the same time consuming crap over and over with no gratifying reward, especially when my hands are being tied with any real automation.

Maybe this mod pack is good for all the new players who never experienced the giant room "pipes going everywhere" machines, then this mod pack is great for them, but I don't want to be setting up huge full room buildcraft setups, I did that years ago when there was nothing better around.

That aside, I am moving on. The whole play style of this pack is just not fun to me, and I can't even give suggestions any more to make it better, because there's just too much wrong with it. It needs a rework from the ground up instead of a constant patch job.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
I almost gave up a few days ago, but decided to give it another shot. It took me a full day alone just to make the 4 steel casings I needed to start this quest line, and the further I get into it, I just encounter a ton of recipe variations that all ultimately need some forms of galg and pcb's. I'm tired of making the same time consuming crap over and over with no gratifying reward, especially when my hands are being tied with any real automation.

Maybe this mod pack is good for all the new players who never experienced the giant room "pipes going everywhere" machines, then this mod pack is great for them, but I don't want to be setting up huge full room buildcraft setups, I did that years ago when there was nothing better around.

That aside, I am moving on. The whole play style of this pack is just not fun to me, and I can't even give suggestions any more to make it better, because there's just too much wrong with it. It needs a rework from the ground up instead of a constant patch job.
Progress through pneumaticraft... in 1.2.6, then when you get the assembly drills/lasers you will be crafting galgadorian in blocks... do note assembly drills laser etc can be found in dungeon loot.....

I will be adding a way to get silicon from skystone... to give skystone some usage, and to make AE easier

Last edited:

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
You can get silicon from smelting iron in a crucible furnace

I'm wondering, if you maybe could increase the chances of getting it this way a bit.

I tried doing it this way (though before really going on with it need to set up treefarm/charcoal production again, new map, new start ^^) and gone through 20 iron-ores without getting a single silicon from it (actually not even a byproduct of the iron, was unlucky there)
The chances for the second-ressource for smelting iron is 10% I think and when you smelt this it's only 16% for actually getting the silicon, so the chances are rather tiny at the moment.

[edit]
As suggestion maybe increasing the 16% to 100%. So you pretty much have a 10% chance for silicon. (10% for the second metal-ressource and then 100% for silicon when smelting it).
Would still be alot less than what you get through the sagmill, but high enough that you could start an AE system earlier than you get the sag mill.

Last edited:

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I see you're convinced that karmarcharger is handling the pack perfectly well and there's no possible way he could ever do any wrong and that if anyone ever says anything bad about the modpack then they're a bad person, so I'm going to stop trying to show you my point of view since you seem hell-bent on dismissing it as fallacy.
How passive aggressive.
Let's see your modpack you created, link me to that so I can check it out?

No, don't enable it. The special AI + infernal mobs are hard enough.

I wonder if it was inspired by this
lol wow I remember that video, that is ancient.

I think it is just you.

Astasia

Jul 29, 2019
Double Compressed Hardened Clay currently requires 9 Double Compressed Hardened Clay to craft. :p

Edit: And I think we need some other way to get Galacticraft silicon. I've mined all the spires in sight of my base and a bunch further out, and only got like 40. We need so much to craft GC stuff. Maybe a 1% drop from meteor blocks? Or a way to compress 9/64 EnderIO silicon into GC silicon?