[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

Miller Tan

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering if you plan to allow drinking cider/fresh water when you are full
It makes the player rely more on the camel pack but I feel like it is more of a nuisance and would think it might be better to allow drinking when full since drinking to hydrate does not affect hunger

exochris

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering if you plan to allow drinking cider/fresh water when you are full
It makes the player rely more on the camel pack but I feel like it is more of a nuisance and would think it might be better to allow drinking when full since drinking to hydrate does not affect hunger
you can put the cider in a crafting grid and can then drink it whenever you want! Karmar added that maybe a patch or two ago

Reactions: Miller Tan

MrOomi1974

Jul 29, 2019
Hello I would like your help i am getting very bad FPS problems i have HD 4000 graphics card and 16gb of ram and intel core i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz. Is there any mods i could disable to get higher FPS? Thanks Anyway :D

Check to see if you have a second java process running called javaw or feed the beast client console. This process doesn't like to close after blast off is fully launched.

Also check the following things.
FTB Launcher
64 Bit Java
2-3g alocated

Minecraft
Video settings to fast
Smooth lighing to off
Particles Decreased
Render Distance 8 chunks
Clouds Off

Mods
Minimap settings
Display Minimap Off

Weather2 config
Perforamance
Cloud/Storms low
Nature Effects low
Particle Precipitation rate low

Mods the could be removed.
battlemusic
weather2
mobdisemb
mobamputation
temphys
damageindicator
statuseffect
smartmoving
Renderplayerapi
realisticpain

Mods that you may want to install.
Fastcraft

Intel HD 3000/4000 graphics cards performance suggestions.
http://www.pvladov.com/2013/01/improve-intel-hd-graphics-performance.html

I hope this helps

Last edited:

MrOomi1974

Jul 29, 2019
I think the fresh water is changed in version 1.2.3

exochris

Jul 29, 2019
Can you post a couple of pictures of your world please? 2/3 weeks in means you should have made some progress already. It would be interesting to borrow some ideas from you, how to make it look decent without access to the necessary building blocks.
Well! My building was kinda inspired by GenerikB's base he is making, but I changed it and made it my own. My main building blocks were red clay and limestone bricks, with some wood and other stuff mixed in. I wanted to move out of the original base asap because I hated going up and down those elevators all the time, such a pain. But anyway my home!

So this is my home from the front. It still has no roof as I haven't decided what I want to do with it yet, kinda thinking of putting acacia slabs or something tho.
VUaQ0ta.png

Top floor consists of storage, bedroom, kitchen, more storage, and eventually fishes when I figure out the incubator.
FlUKrDn.png

w6G0E6t.png

vf27mLq.png

Second floor is where I'm going to put all my machines and such, may even go underground for all the unsightly things like cobble gen and stuff. So far I have two empty rooms, a smeltery/mariculture room, and a steves carts room, however there isn't much in the steves carts bit. I also have a mini room under the stairs at the front where I am storing all my botania stuff and saplings. Next to it is where I have the meteor shield and weather deflector.
dK6W6jw.png

Ja06zJn.png

zIvKObp.png

imTNHsY.png

Finally, out the back I have a neat little garden and farm. I have all my botania stuff out there two. Currently working on getting terrasteel (which is a b!tch might I add) so am running 4 endoflames, 2 munchdew's, and 1 gourmaryllis which is working somewhat okay. Also starting a small daybloom/nightshade pool which I'll use for runes and small stuff. In the pond I have two fishtraps, which are actually working pretty well.
8enxBN7.png

4r6Spus.png

a6ZeoLY.png

R4ErsYC.png

So yeah! This has all been done over about 2-3 weekish, with no automation in the slightest. I'm only thinking about making a cobble gen and maybe a mob farm as I need the resources is mass amounts I'm finding, especially bone meal. Hope you guys have gotten a few ideas of what you can actually accomplish in this pack! You don't need automation right at the start, it's meant to be end game :p

Reactions: Crittenden

hubertnnn

Jul 29, 2019
I have a weird issue, every time I look at water my character tries to drink it giving me dehydration. Its so annoying when I am bonemealing the squid plants.

Barditron

Jul 29, 2019
looking at or right clicking with an open hand? That should only happen if you right click with an open hand on the water. Just make sure you have enough bone meal so you don't run out

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Any ideas for early/mid game automation for squidplant-/lightningplant-seeds?
You need alot of them and with the new update it seems you no longer need "just 2" bonemeal to harvest them but rather 8 or so for making them mature.

I thought about drones, but I'm not so sure which puzzle-pieces I have to use for making it harvest only the mature plants and if the drone is able to drop the seed (for regrowing it) 100% correct or if it's like a player drops them, that they move around before setting down.
Besides that I only know about steve's factory manager which is still a long way away for me.

@exochris:
Nice house :)
I really need to learn to make things nice with combining materials... I'm never satisfied with what I build cause it's mostly always the same blocks I use ^^"

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
About the new fresh water:
Is it meant to be working like the creative-item from kawaii-crops that makes you loose hunger? (or is it "getting more hunger" in this case...)

Whenever you use one of the fresh-water-bottles you get with the "crafting with leaves"-recipe, you're loosing 3 things from your hunger bar.

Miller Tan

Jul 29, 2019
I have this bug when I try to fish with the wooden fishing rod with grasshopers from mariculture. In a 4 deep hole 6x6 with source block water top to bottom. I try different ways of casting from afar, close, straight up then lands on surface but every time it floats above the water and doesn't go to surface level. Because of this I can't catch any fish, anyone have a solution? :D

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
I have this bug when I try to fish with the wooden fishing rod with grasshopers from mariculture. In a 4 deep hole 6x6 with source block water top to bottom. I try different ways of casting from afar, close, straight up then lands on surface but every time it floats above the water and doesn't go to surface level. Because of this I can't catch any fish, anyone have a solution? :D

I get the feeling you've never fished in vanilla Minecraft. That happens in vanilla, and fish are caught all the same. You just have to have the patience to wait a minute or so sometimes.

exochris

Jul 29, 2019
Any ideas for early/mid game automation for squidplant-/lightningplant-seeds?
@exochris:
Nice house :)
I really need to learn to make things nice with combining materials... I'm never satisfied with what I build cause it's mostly always the same blocks I use ^^"
thank you! took a bit to figure out the layout but I'm pretty happy with it tbh

@karmarcharger wondering if you knew that for the hydration quest line you receive a normal minecraft anvil instead of the blacksmith anvil that is needed to hammer the snow chunks
pretty sure he knows about that

From my experience it doesn't matter if the bobber floats above the water a bit, I can still catch fish. Cast a line, wait maybe 2/3 mins and you should be able to get something

Miller Tan

Jul 29, 2019
I get the feeling you've never fished in vanilla Minecraft. That happens in vanilla, and fish are caught all the same. You just have to have the patience to wait a minute or so sometimes.
No literally the float and hook are a block above the water

Barditron

Jul 29, 2019

And he literally means that is a known vanilla bug. You just have to wait. On the bright side, the moment the float drops you know you are about to catch a fish, it drops when the splashing animation starts. Just be patient and you will catch a fish.

FYI, I don't know if it is still accurate or not, but if i remember correctly you have to be standing in the water for the fishes to be caught live.

Captain Toland

Jul 29, 2019
So a friend and I are just getting into 3rd party mod packs. We decided to start off with Blast off! on a private server. The pack loads and runs on single player but when the server side boots we get this error. I would appreciate it if someone could tell us what were doing wrong or if there is a fix for this problem.
[04:45:52] [Server thread/INFO]: Starting minecraft server version 1.7.10
[04:46:17] [Server thread/ERROR]: Encountered an unexpected exception
cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: _customstuff.ores.Ores
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.transition(LoadController.java:162) ~[LoadController.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:502) ~[Loader.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.server.FMLServerHandler.beginServerLoading(FMLServerHandler.java:87) ~[FMLServerHandler.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onServerStart(FMLCommonHandler.java:314) ~[FMLCommonHandler.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71197_b(DedicatedServer.java:117) ~[lt.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:387) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685) [li.class:?]
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: _customstuff.ores.Ores
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:191) ~[launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:323) ~[?:1.6.0_32]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:268) ~[?:1.6.0_32]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.ModClassLoader.loadClass(ModClassLoader.java:58) ~[ModClassLoader.class:?]
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) ~[?:1.6.0_32]
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:270) ~[?:1.6.0_32]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.constructMod(FMLModContainer.java:420) ~[FMLModContainer.class:?]
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.6.0_32]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:622) ~[?:1.6.0_32]
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74) ~[minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar:?]
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47) ~[minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar:?]
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322) ~[minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar:?]
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304) ~[minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar:?]
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275) ~[minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:208) ~[LoadController.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:187) ~[LoadController.class:?]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.6.0_32]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57) ~[?:1.6.0_32]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.6.0_32]
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74) ~[minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar:?]
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47) ~[minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar:?]
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322) ~[minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar:?]
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304) ~[minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar:?]
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275) ~[minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:118) ~[LoadController.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:492) ~[Loader.class:?]
... 5 more
Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: _customstuff/ores/Ores : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method) ~[?:1.6.0_32]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:643) ~[?:1.6.0_32]
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142) ~[?:1.6.0_32]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:182) ~[launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:323) ~[?:1.6.0_32]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:268) ~[?:1.6.0_32]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.ModClassLoader.loadClass(ModClassLoader.java:58) ~[ModClassLoader.class:?]
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) ~[?:1.6.0_32]
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:270) ~[?:1.6.0_32]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.constructMod(FMLModContainer.java:420) ~[FMLModContainer.class:?]
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:208) ~[LoadController.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:187) ~[LoadController.class:?]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.6.0_32]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57) ~[?:1.6.0_32]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:118) ~[LoadController.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:492) ~[Loader.class:?]
... 5 more
[04:46:17] [Server thread/ERROR]: This crash report has been saved to: /root/blastoff/./crash-reports/crash-2015-02-02_04.46.17-server.txt

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019

I'm sorry, but do you think I'm so stupid that I don't comprehend what you meant the first time you said "floats above the water"? I'm aware that by "floats above the water" you meant that the object in question, in this case the hook and bobber, appear to be suspended in midair over the water, or, as it is more normally said, "floats above the water." Perhaps before you report a bug, you ought to see if waiting a few minutes catches a fish, and beyond that, check if the behavior in question is also present in vanilla Minecraft, given that fishing can be done there as well.

In short, know what you're on about before assuming there's a bug. And when someone tells you that what's going on is normal and won't affect your gameplay along with telling you why it won't, perhaps you ought to try what they're saying before acting like they don't know what they're talking about, hmm?