Lets See Some Bases! Give Us a Tour!

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
You know you can generate basalt infinitely via snow/ice blocks on 2 sides and flowing lava on the other two sides of a thermopile. How to automate is a matter of taste but entirely feasible.

If it doesn't click, just look it up via the trusty YouTube. :)

Randomsteve

Jul 29, 2019
You know you can generate basalt infinitely via snow/ice blocks on 2 sides and flowing lava on the other two sides of a thermopile. How to automate is a matter of taste but entirely feasible.

If it doesn't click, just look it up via the trusty YouTube. :)

True, but its not like a cobble gen where you can get stacks of basalt cobble in just a few mins. The basalt gen takes several mins just for a single piece of cobble. We kinda discussed this early in this thread (I think someone even posted a tutorial video). However as we all said, to get any decent amount of basalt you would have to have dozens of these gens going and would either have to be on a server or leave your minecraft running over night. I think its kinda a matter of preference though mainly. Some would rather take an hour or so and set up several of the gens and then go do other things while passively getting basalt, while other would rather just take 30mins and go get a few dozen stacks from the nearest volcano when needed.

Psykoe

Jul 29, 2019
Golrith, I love your side base hut, it looks awesome, kinda reminds me of something you would find Wookies living in :) too awesome.

BeddingPlants, lol oh god, that many angry zombies, that would be a good place to farm brains lmao.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Not really a hut as such, just looks that way at the moment, being plain and boring :D
It's about a 21 diameter (or was it radius, I've lost count) circle. Downstairs floor I'm thinking of an automated kitchen, upstairs my bedroom/storage, and the "roof" to turn into a garden and put a twilight portal there.

Sorting/storage room now more functional, next step improve my power generation, and work out how to build a redstone energy cell. Can't figure out how to make liquid redstone just by NEI, time to surf...
Oh great, have to go to the nether now. Joy!

Psykoe

Jul 29, 2019
Not really a hut as such, just looks that way at the moment, being plain and boring :D
It's about a 21 diameter (or was it radius, I've lost count) circle. Downstairs floor I'm thinking of an automated kitchen, upstairs my bedroom/storage, and the "roof" to turn into a garden and put a twilight portal there.

Sorting/storage room now more functional, next step improve my power generation, and work out how to build a redstone energy cell. Can't figure out how to make liquid redstone just by NEI, time to surf...
Oh great, have to go to the nether now. Joy!
I only meant "hut" by the sorta shape, was my bad and a failure at words haha, none-the-less it does looks super awesome. I fail at trying to build stuff like that off of cliffs cause my fingers go into derp mode and I accidently let off shift and fall to my death, I wish Sneak were toggleable for just that reason lol.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I only meant "hut" by the sorta shape, was my bad and a failure at words haha, none-the-less it does looks super awesome. I fail at trying to build stuff like that off of cliffs cause my fingers go into derp mode and I accidently let off shift and fall to my death, I wish Sneak were toggleable for just that reason lol.
That's alright. Worse thing to happen when I was building that was with the RedPower solar panel (you can just make it out). Just building a platform for it, when a creeper drops on my head from the rockface above. Boom. What made it worse was all my items were scattered all across the cliff face and the jungle canopy. Right royal pain to collect.

Muggz

Jul 29, 2019
Ok spent some time earllier while slow was streaming working on a new server spawn area. Not quite done yet but close enough to show.
2OQld.jpg
M6aic.jpg

Fun build Album. http://imgur.com/a/DD7s2#0

Randomsteve

Jul 29, 2019
That looks very cool. Gives a very cool sci fi look with the dark basalt and then the glass glowing blue from the water. Also you can never go wrong with a pig or 2 adding some character to your pics. :p

Randomsteve

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so I felt like I should post something here since I haven't contributed anything yet.

--------Disclaimer---------
Randmsteve is not a good builder by any stretch of the imagination,
people viewing the following content may experience,
Anger, Rage, Nausea, Extreme Displeasure, along with other symptoms that
Randomsteve Inc. cannot be liable for.
Ok so with that taken care of here's a few pics of my latest creative build. I've recently wanted to build something on my private survival server thats different then what I normally build (Aka 9x9's :p). So I have spent a fair bit of time and I come up with this. I feel its decent, its no where near the quality that it could be if someone with some actual building skills built it, but for me I'm pretty happy with it. So here it is.​
2013-01-18_232526_zpse327a9e5.png
Don't mind the other random junk in the background. :p What tower do you like the best? The one if the foreground (which is the one in all the rest of the pics.) Or the one in the background, which was my first attempt but I wasn't happy with it so I tried again and got this one.​
2013-01-18_232503_zps577e71c7.png
View from the front. Main reason why the walkway is split is because there was originally going to be a second tower where the dirt is. I may still add one, idk.​
2013-01-18_232358_zpsdfaba3de.png
Side view, 2 watermills (If only they actually worked. :p) And yes, this is built on a floating island about 20 blocks off the ground.​
2013-01-18_232317_zps1cc7424f.png
And the other side. Again, don't mind the stuff in the background. This is my creative test/building world so there's all kinds of junk.​
Any way, thats what I got to share. If and when I get this built in survival I will post some updated pictures of it then.​

Muggz

Jul 29, 2019
There is a ComputerCraft Turtle program to create seamless domes and spheres. If you look at the album, the dome is initially all glass. :)

The first Main dome was actually world edit glass in vanilla bukkit then swapped to modded server. Did not actually use any turtles in this at all. Have updated Album with todays work that went in.

Also.
CXCVGco.jpg

thezeronumber

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so I felt like I should post something here since I haven't contributed anything yet.

--------Disclaimer---------
Randmsteve is not a good builder by any stretch of the imagination,
people viewing the following content may experience,
Anger, Rage, Nausea, Extreme Displeasure, along with other symptoms that
Randomsteve Inc. cannot be liable for.

Ok so with that taken care of here's a few pics of my latest creative build. I've recently wanted to build something on my private survival server thats different then what I normally build (Aka 9x9's :p). So I have spent a fair bit of time and I come up with this. I feel its decent, its no where near the quality that it could be if someone with some actual building skills built it, but for me I'm pretty happy with it. So here it is.

2013-01-18_232526_zpse327a9e5.png

Don't mind the other random junk in the background. :p What tower do you like the best? The one if the foreground (which is the one in all the rest of the pics.) Or the one in the background, which was my first attempt but I wasn't happy with it so I tried again and got this one.

2013-01-18_232503_zps577e71c7.png

View from the front. Main reason why the walkway is split is because there was originally going to be a second tower where the dirt is. I may still add one, idk.

2013-01-18_232358_zpsdfaba3de.png

Side view, 2 watermills (If only they actually worked. :p) And yes, this is built on a floating island about 20 blocks off the ground.

2013-01-18_232317_zps1cc7424f.png

And the other side. Again, don't mind the stuff in the background. This is my creative test/building world so there's all kinds of junk.

Any way, thats what I got to share. If and when I get this built in survival I will post some updated pictures of it then.

Quirky designs which just "work" are awesome.

Randomsteve

Jul 29, 2019
Quirky designs which just "work" are awesome.

:p Thanks. I was going for a fantasy, steampunk, treehouse thing. Haha. After a long time of playing minecraft and modded minecraf I have come to the realization that if I make everything for functionality and convenience then its never going to look cool at all. But if I build from the standpoint of making it look interesting and then make it functional afterwards it turns out somewhat better.

Psykoe

Jul 29, 2019
@Ransomsteve: It is very awesome, I love it.
@Mugz: Thats a great server spawn area, very cool looking.
@FavoriteFox: I love how you have a different building for everything, instead of just expansions for each thing. I always intend on doing something like that, then I always seem to just end up digging a huge deep basement with different floors/sections for all my junk haha. Very nice man.