Lets See Some Bases! Give Us a Tour!

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
My third 1.5.2 base. Built high up on a Sacred Springs Mountain Top.

MFR Tree Farm
Simple MFR tree farm. Power comes in via tesseract, saplings and logs go out via Buildcraft pipes. When the input chest is full, a pipe wire signal turns off the power to the Harvester.

Automated Processing
This is the other end of both Cart Tracks. The carts arrive, and unload into cart unloaders. A local AE system sucks out the ores, and dumps them into a bank of 5 Pulverizer/Powered Furnace pairs, that auto-eject into ME interfaces and then export the ingots into an item loader. Empty chest carts are diverted off the rails to be filled by the item loader. Power is provided by a maximum size Solid-Fueled LP Boiler. It runs on the same charcoal supply as my main base, and shares power back via tesseract. You can see a coal coke oven in the front, which will be joined by a Blast furnace, just as soon as I find enough slime balls to make the magma creams.

Smeltery and Railhead.
This is the TiCo Smeltery, used mostly for producing clear glass at the moment. The hopper feeds sand out of the chest into the smeltery and the computer beside the chest acts as a timer to pour ingots or blocks as I need it. It just turned out easier to program than the Programmable Rednet Controller.

Nether Portal, Manual Processing and Farms.
My Nether portal, kept separate from my base to discourage Zombie pigmen from visiting. My Manual machines are there in the center powered by a 2x2x3 boiler setup. There's also a 1x1x2 hidden under the power converters. They're fed on charcoal from the tree farm. In the upper right is my Cotton/Wheat farm, keeping me fed and in string. And the extreme upper right is a small sampling of my berry bushes. I'm currently in the process of greenhousing my farm, so I stop accidentally landing on and untilling the ground.

The Track to the ocean floor.
This is actually quite the wild ride. The bottom will end on a boarding track connected to an item loader filled by a hopper from an ender chest. The cart will head up the track to the auto-processing area, process everything and then send it up to the main base. It's much more complicated than I thought it was going to be, which is part of the fun.

Hoo-boy was this thing a pain to build. Could not have managed it without Modular Powersuits. Must have punched through that glass six or seven times. Naturally washing away all the track I laid, or the torches I had placed. Nightvision helps tremendously.

Looking up from a Geode on the ocean floor.
View from in the water beside the track.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
My third 1.5.2 base. Built high up on a Sacred Springs Mountain Top.

MFR Tree Farm
Simple MFR tree farm. Power comes in via tesseract, saplings and logs go out via Buildcraft pipes. When the input chest is full, a pipe wire signal turns off the power to the Harvester.

Automated Processing
This is the other end of both Cart Tracks. The carts arrive, and unload into cart unloaders. A local AE system sucks out the ores, and dumps them into a bank of 5 Pulverizer/Powered Furnace pairs, that auto-eject into ME interfaces and then export the ingots into an item loader. Empty chest carts are diverted off the rails to be filled by the item loader. Power is provided by a maximum size Solid-Fueled LP Boiler. It runs on the same charcoal supply as my main base, and shares power back via tesseract. You can see a coal coke oven in the front, which will be joined by a Blast furnace, just as soon as I find enough slime balls to make the magma creams.

Smeltery and Railhead.
This is the TiCo Smeltery, used mostly for producing clear glass at the moment. The hopper feeds sand out of the chest into the smeltery and the computer beside the chest acts as a timer to pour ingots or blocks as I need it. It just turned out easier to program than the Programmable Rednet Controller.

Nether Portal, Manual Processing and Farms.
My Nether portal, kept separate from my base to discourage Zombie pigmen from visiting. My Manual machines are there in the center powered by a 2x2x3 boiler setup. There's also a 1x1x2 hidden under the power converters. They're fed on charcoal from the tree farm. In the upper right is my Cotton/Wheat farm, keeping me fed and in string. And the extreme upper right is a small sampling of my berry bushes. I'm currently in the process of greenhousing my farm, so I stop accidentally landing on and untilling the ground.

The Track to the ocean floor.
This is actually quite the wild ride. The bottom will end on a boarding track connected to an item loader filled by a hopper from an ender chest. The cart will head up the track to the auto-processing area, process everything and then send it up to the main base. It's much more complicated than I thought it was going to be, which is part of the fun.

Hoo-boy was this thing a pain to build. Could not have managed it without Modular Powersuits. Must have punched through that glass six or seven times. Naturally washing away all the track I laid, or the torches I had placed. Nightvision helps tremendously.

Looking up from a Geode on the ocean floor.
View from in the water beside the track.
What trees are those in the tree farm?

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Fir's actually. I cut down a couple of pines and didn't get any saplings, but I cut down a fir and got half a stack. I figure that'll be a better option when I start biofuel production if I need it.

masterzh

Forum Addict
Jan 6, 2013
Slovakia
Small part of more then 1000blocks long tunnel in my project.
ijsPTHjFQMdJW.gif

More HERE in my newest media update.

[EDIT: Ohh i am so sorry for wrong link now its fixed]

Last edited:

Spidey

Jul 29, 2019
Never used the Luminator. I will definitely use them once Tech World 2 comes out (hopefully soon).

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I used them a couple of times, but since they only take up to 32eu/t, once I upgraded the power, they all blew up. So I never used them again. Unless something has changed I'd be hard pressed to see a use.

Spidey

Jul 29, 2019
So i have to make sure not to grab the first power cable i find when im upgrading my EU-system near them ;D

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Because of the Holiday, I built a Christmas Tree. You can just see the tree farm in the background.

Christmas Tree

From another angle

The trunk of the tree is actually composed of Rednet Cable, plugged into a computer at the base. I think I'll try to get the lights to blink at some point in the future. Annoying thing is that Fir Leaves do seem to despawn if not connected to wood somewhere.