Lets See Some Bases! Give Us a Tour!

masterzh

Forum Addict
Jan 6, 2013
Slovakia
I made huge changes in my topic including name and lore. Go check it out.
ibrznY5mll3ecp.jpg

Cool map i made.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
I love that gif. It's so perfect.
Now that im on the Direwolf20 1.6.4 pack and established in that world I figure its time to do another update. Let me know what you think its nothing to special I based the main ground level off of direwolf 20 season 3 forgecraft serise but trying to make it my own. http://imgur.com/a/odVMx
There's a part of your base with a bedrock ceiling. May I ask how?

Dragonsama

Jul 29, 2019
I love that gif. It's so perfect.

There's a part of your base with a bedrock ceiling. May I ask how?
The portal hub is in the nether and I just have a portal in my base that leads to the portal hub. I have had no luck getting intra linking pages yet so it's the next best thing.

SawBlade

Jul 29, 2019
Village that two friends and I have been living out of. Soon to be retired.
AoXAzXc.jpg

My favorite spot, my blacksmithy.
m79x6vL.jpg

My friend Tony's room.
OZntsza.jpg

And finally the misty mount...farms. (And my cabin in the corner)
191gMLq.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: SatanicSanta

Dragonsama

Jul 29, 2019
I have started making some progress on my new air base. This is gonna take some time to complete. I don't want to put these in my imgur album until its done so I'm gonna embed the images here in a spoiler.
6WWSWt7.png

2OaQoAk.png
Once I finish the first dome I plan to do 4 more at a "+" pattern. I'm planning to also do the other 4 at a higher elevation and put some mock up alien looking rings so it looks like that is what suspending it in the air. each of the extra domes will hold something farm related one fore threes another for animals so on and so on.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I like the library. It looks very calm. Unlike my research room which is chopped into the side of a mountain... I keep falling off, which is only sort of hilarious.

GamerBeast

Jul 29, 2019
Here is my base so far in the DW20 1.6.4 pack!
http://imgur.com/a/0xewS#0

You can follow all the progress on the base on my youtube channel! ( youtube.com/user/GamerBeastHD)

When you saying doing thaumcraft stuffs, you mean raging consistently at being unable to get the research to work?

Holy crap I've spent at least 3 hours+ just scanning stuff and researching. But Thaumcraft 4 is so addicting! :O

Reactions: Padfoote

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Nah, research is easy. Just connect the dots.

A few tips:

1) Don't take the first offering all the time. Get a few copies of the research and then compare them. Some are easier than others, and some are almost undoable.
2) Install a trash can to eliminate the unused researches. I'd set up one of the bookshelves with a pressure plate piston system to hide it, but that's just me.
3) Lines only go in one direction from the origin, so if it loops it stops. Use fake runes to break up the line and force it to go in another direction.
4) MFR Squid Ranch. Seriously.

GamerBeast

Jul 29, 2019

A few tips:

1) Don't take the first offering all the time. Get a few copies of the research and then compare them. Some are easier than others, and some are almost undoable.
2) Install a trash can to eliminate the unused researches. I'd set up one of the bookshelves with a pressure plate piston system to hide it, but that's just me.
3) Lines only go in one direction from the origin, so if it loops it stops. Use fake runes to break up the line and force it to go in another direction.

Yea ive started doing multiple copies of researches to see which has the best node position.
Meh for the trash, I have the NEI thrash ;)
This squid farm.... definitly doing that in the near future. But so far I've got the researches that I wanted, which is Foci: Equal Trade, Foci: Portable Hole, Boots of The Traveler,Essentia Destillation,Helmet of Revealing, Infusion. Tho I'd only like Paving Stone of warding to finish stuff off ;)

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you

A few tips:

1) I give up if I can't get it to work, but this method sounds paper-hungry, although we have plenty of that.
2) Yeah I should probably do something like that, note that I'm in a magic world two server.
3) Come again? Sorry, I don't understand what you mean...
4) Nah we're good with ink.

I don't understand how you can find it addicting. If anything, it's repulsive for me. Although some people have been giving me tips, which may improve it for me.

GamerBeast

Jul 29, 2019
1) I give up if I can't get it to work, but this method sounds paper-hungry, although we have plenty of that.
2) Yeah I should probably do something like that, note that I'm in a magic world two server.
3) Come again? Sorry, I don't understand what you mean...
4) Nah we're good with ink.

I don't understand how you can find it addicting. If anything, it's repulsive for me. Although some people have been giving me tips, which may improve it for me.

By 3) he meant you can make loops when connecting nodes. the connection must go in one line, you cannot connect the nodes as you please.

When I finnaly got enough aspects I felt like a Thaumcraft addict- "just one more research, and ill stop....just one more"... 5 researches later....

Then I was thinking I am gonna end up like a drug addict, shaking in a corner of a room babbling: " this node goes here, i need more aer, WHY WONT YOU CONNECT!!!111" ... :p

Reactions: Padfoote

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Helmet of Revealing? Haven't seen that one.

Okay, no Extra Utilities, which is where the can comes from. So an alternative is to build a can. I used the design from one of Direwolf's FC2 series. Season One I believe, which was essentially a hole with lava, and stairs to either side and one set one block above, so you could throw things in without actually falling in. I modified the design to have a piston retract a piece of stone so I didn't throw things in accidentally.

Last edited:

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
The other points are good but I built in the middle of a lake so the squidfarm isn't required for me, anytime I run out a quick swim and I have a stack or so of sacs.
Yeah the research can be addictive, TC3+ has had that ... just one more research ..just one more ... 2 hours later lol This is why I'm not overly concerned about the upcoming changes to research Azanor makes good minigames nowadays, TC2 was more a "throw away a bunch of cheap arsed crap, gain researches" later iterations have been fun and intuitive.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I built into the side of an Extreme Hills Mountain, that's right along side a river, so I have no problem either. Also for the node line thing, basically the starting node glows, and the line can move one gap in one direction. If it moves there, and then can jump to two other aspects, it will jump to one, then the second, then back to the first one coming from the node, and create a loop. If you place a non-active symbol so it interrupts the line, it will force it to find another path.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019

A few tips:

2) That's actually a cool idea. /me goes on the server to set up that piston door thing and also a mob farm that works
4) We are playing MW2; no MFR, but we do have Black saplings which give Ink, and we live next to a river.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
As it turns out you can't actually move a trash can with a piston, but you can move a book shelf. Now if I can just remember what Project Red redstone thing generates a signal for a time. It's not the state cell.

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
Those Thaumcraft researches fit on the Bibliocraft bookshelves, so I've been saving the junk researches in a Filing Cabinet until I get my library set up. ;)