Lets See Some Bases! Give Us a Tour!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
well, I guess it's time for me to finally make a post about my base.
this is in my current 1.6.4 world which based around magic with Thaumcraft 4 and Ars Magica 2 being the main mods.

sSPlKLT.png

84Zd2tX.png

uP8lPfe.png

PXRO64f.png

Qp2GQ74.png

yCbdeCO.png

qDOBmBf.png

hRKW60B.png

rPzMqxo.png

RTxFmAV.png

J6psxN0.png

zVwGmdq.png

ETarwj9.png

nothing special really, but the classiest base I've build thus far

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
this is in my current 1.6.4 world which based around magic with Thaumcraft 4 and Ars Magica 2 being the main mods.

sSPlKLT.png

84Zd2tX.png

uP8lPfe.png

PXRO64f.png

Qp2GQ74.png

yCbdeCO.png

qDOBmBf.png

hRKW60B.png

rPzMqxo.png

RTxFmAV.png

J6psxN0.png

zVwGmdq.png

ETarwj9.png

That is definitely something special. Awesome build!
Also, are you using a shader mod? Everything sort of has that kind of glow about it...

Reactions: Yusunoha

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
That is definitely something special. Awesome build!
Also, are you using a shader mod? Everything sort of has that kind of glow about it...

yup, you've a sharp eye. I'm using the Sildurs basic shaders pack ever since I started this new world in 1.6.4
I never used shaders before, but because I bought a better laptop, and my current modlist is small compared to other versions I thought it couldn't hurt to try, and I must say I love it

I always have trouble doing nice looking builds, but this time I thought it couldn't hurt to try... it's still difficult for me to continue on building like this, but I'll just fool around some more

The classless

Jul 29, 2019

sSPlKLT.png

84Zd2tX.png

uP8lPfe.png

PXRO64f.png

Qp2GQ74.png

yCbdeCO.png

qDOBmBf.png

hRKW60B.png

rPzMqxo.png

RTxFmAV.png

J6psxN0.png

zVwGmdq.png

ETarwj9.png

that is great

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't gotten much into this world, only about 4 episodes in, and mostly mining/adventuring, but here goes
http://imgur.com/a/d2xLY
The white stone is Quarried Stone, the blue wood (both logs and planks) are Rainbow Eucalyptus from Extra Biomes. I'm unsure if I should color the glass, and what to. Also unsure about the roof. The Ars Tower will be torn down once I get doors, windows, and a roof in place in the new home.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
OK guess I'll also give a little tour of my present build Unleashed 1.1.3 single player survival. Its slightly more "down to earth" than what I'm used to build.
Warning: contains a lot of images. Should really have made a video instead, shouldn't I..

The seed dropped me down onto a plains biome and everything seemed ordinary, until I panned around:
pzzn2mh.png

From that moment it was rather obvious where my base was going to be.

I greatly prefer building bases in close cramped quarters. I find it more challenging(and fun) to run cables and pipes hidden in those conditions, so decided to almost entirely build the base inside the constraints of the tree. It was going to be more organic than just sticking a big square house on top of a tree.

So here is a few snaps of the progress so far:
jhK5xL0.png

qkcaPWH.png

Now I also felt that I had to have proper surroundings for the tree. The plains were a bit boring. So I built a lake and stream from scratch:
OIlu8PT.png

I'll come back to the surroundings, but lets first take a little peak inside:
Main entrance is located in the bottom of the hollowed trunk:
6RrDelR.png

Arrival area is located at the mid section of the base and serves as a transit hub:
zQxx2Iz.png

Panning around to the right is a small manual crafting area with the basic crafting tables, ME access, carpenters, recharge pads etc:
jhyVW9R.png

Heading up the stairs(Once inside the base, I have stairs winding around the branches for access to the many different levels) is a little decorative winter garden:
0r3PnqZ.png

And enchanting facilities:
ELVfkuY.png

Heading up though several small (so far) unused areas, we get to the Thaumcraft Lab:
PDKDpUU.png

Space was a bit of a problem here, specially since I'm a great fan of using lots of jars. So most of the storage and golems water supply is located just under the lab with small microblock stairs leading to the different levels:
ASyGr1l.png

Immediately above the lab, through yet another small unused room you find two "treetop terraces":
hbWR9cW.png

Heading back down to the arrival area and heading downstairs we get to the main utilities area. This might seem a bit jumbled, and that's because it is. Connecting all that Eu, ME and MJ stuff was rather challenging in this confined multi tiered area:
hWUnzky.png

kUNXAuX.png

FsL3V7U.png

This is where pretty much all the storage, ore processing and crafting takes place. I even found space for 26 backup geothermal generators. A lot of the smooth sandstone and birch wood blocks you see are actually micro blocks or facades covering the giant tangle of cables. Its the reason why I felt forced into using rather mundane materials, since I needed it to both have micro blocks and facades available.

Heading down once again(this time through a winding stairs in the centre of the trunk) we get to the last major area of the base. Being very close to the core of the trees crown allowed for a bit larger rooms, so this became the home for some MJ production(1 tower of magmatic engines, 1 tower of Biogas engines. Both now serving as backup for peak usage, automated with Range triggers):
JqHCKOX.png

ZwwcCwW.png

kQj1ovJ.png

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Part 2
Now certain things just wasn't possible to find inside the tree. I therefore carved out the rock underneath the roots of the tree for all the larger machinery, such as liquid tanks, boiler, watersource(and combined ink sack farm :p), coke ovens and blast furnaces:
5Yd334V.png

NtCW9e9.png

9hXGE3y.png

jYEjU7M.png

Later added a somewhat Op xp-farm based on turtles and conveyor belts:
HhNI479.png

2sl2GqR.png

OuSxHFo.png

Tried to maximise the mob output of the rank 5 spawners, and found that 5 melee turtles per farm was required to keep up :p

Going back up to the surface you find bee keeping dominating a couple areas:
HqNpWRS.png

cKtlKs6.png

DSRA50l.png

RcTq7eM.png

Multifarms and animal keeping:
cXCddqV.png

UVywwCP.png

Automatic egg collection using the TT Thaumostatic Magnetizer and hungry chest. Automatic shearing using Shearing Turles.
Considering milk collection too, but not really a priority :p

And other purely aesthetic details:
qY3FZxb.png

i0j8siX.png

sGbYM5G.png

Newer pictures can be found here:
http://imgur.com/a/dSMKv

Last edited:

Damdamfr

Jul 29, 2019
Just found out this thread, so i was thinking i should show you my old base from a FTB unleashed server : Exterior looked like Ice Palace, kind of a castle, and Interior looked kinda like Tony stark's Cave.
Hope you enjoy it :)

PoHF58Yl.png

hlG1yBZl.png

0zIRAdal.jpg

5Q3YJhTl.png

6RCyUyml.png

F8HdeOJl.png

z4G8bMJl.png

j09XzIyl.png

jzpRZCHl.jpg

Exterior view : Only have this screen , but i planted 4 Tree of time from TF, it looked nice with the snow style and the lightblue leaves ;)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Just found out this thread, so i was thinking i should show you my old base from a FTB unleashed server : Exterior looked like Ice Palace, kind of a castle, and Interior looked kinda like Tony stark's Cave.
Hope you enjoy it :)

PoHF58Yl.png

hlG1yBZl.png

0zIRAdal.jpg

5Q3YJhTl.png

6RCyUyml.png

F8HdeOJl.png

z4G8bMJl.png

j09XzIyl.png

jzpRZCHl.jpg

Exterior view : Only have this screen , but i planted 4 Tree of time from TF, it looked nice with the snow style and the lightblue leaves ;)
What is those flat blue lamps?

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
My base is still pretty disjointed, but this is a shot of my quarry processing chunk. I like mixing up the mods/techs.
Not evident in the picture -- diamond pipes run along between the DSUs and the Hoppers, sorting out items to be stored in bulk, refined, or put straight into the ME Network:
oreproc.png

Reactions: Silent_007