Lets See Some Bases! Give Us a Tour!

ringgeest11

Jul 29, 2019
So the promised update!
Not all that much has changed however. The reason for it being primarily I am stuck on a couple of things. For one the signals in Railcraft are not entirely what I want them to be, but I am thinking of a workaround. Second is the stagnent progress in my programming skills when it comes to LUA. I simply suck at them and have to start from scratch.

Without further ado, here are the pics:

This area is a staging area for bigger equipment hauls for players. Players can fit a fairly decent size Locomotive including wagons in there in order to use CORE as a temporary base to process minerals, perform crafting, stock up on some basic supplies etc.
It is mostly intended to be used as a staging area for either a new venture, processing of complex items/materials or stocking up on basic supplies like water, fuel and food. It is still a very big WIP as some of my ideas require a little tinkering with ComputerCraft, which at this point in time is extremely difficult to do (for me at least) as I have zero coding experience and putting some text on those monitors was considered by quite a victory for me :p
mBL6LRQ.png

This is going to be an Iron Man like armour equipment room. The stands will hold the armour and a touchscreen in cooperation with a computer will allow you to choose what piece of kit you want to wear. Afterwards stand on the PIM and voilá! Success. Original creation belongs to Mattijv. For anyone interested here is his album regardinghis creation. Trust me, you won't regret taking a look: http://imgur.com/a/SRzQ8

Now what makes this so problematic for me, despite having most of it done through the course of a tutorial (once again curtousy of Mattijv), I am struggling with having several pieces of armour selectable. I need a way to have several full suits of armour in order for the base to be truly effective due to its purpose of serving as a centre base for several people to work in and around. Therefor this room is still quite bare and in the early stages of development.
Bmrjj1m.png

This is the lower ground railway. This is the area where people will store their Steve's Cart with control in order to make a quick visit to the base that don't have to tow tons of goods with them. overall, the idea was nice, but I am slightly less happy about the actual layout. This area will need quite and overhaul of some sorts.
jIuv6gl.png

I hoped you liked it!

P.S. From here on updates will become more scarse untill the base is 100% completed and ready for use (save all autocrafting recipes and gimmick like that). The reason for this is, as mentioned before, my extremely slow progress with lua. School is taking a lot of work this year and what little time I do have left I rather spend playing rather than learning more ;)

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Very nice. What do the monitors over the train boarding areas say? And could it be set up as a micro AE network? So for example, I pull up with a six car train, (Loco, passenger, 5 chest carts), the carts get unloaded, ores get processed and placed back in the carts. Then I can pull away with a load of processed materials?

When the base is done, can we get a video tour?

Reactions: ringgeest11

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Oh, a thought on making the armor pieces available. Lay out buttons along side the stand, and have several pieces of armor for each button. Instead of pulling off the stand, you could have it drop the piece into the equip stand.

Reactions: ringgeest11

ringgeest11

Jul 29, 2019
Very nice. What do the monitors over the train boarding areas say? And could it be set up as a micro AE network? So for example, I pull up with a six car train, (Loco, passenger, 5 chest carts), the carts get unloaded, ores get processed and placed back in the carts. Then I can pull away with a load of processed materials?

When the base is done, can we get a video tour?
They give a small explanation on how to use it at this point in time. It is no seperated system from the CORE's main AE network. It show a couple of notes on the monitor that you can read once you are in the station as to what you are allowed to take and what would be nice of you to do.
This at this point in time is also why it is difficult to make the entire unload -> Process -> load process manual instead of automatic. Having it automated, though possible, would leave some complications to implement the current system that relies mostly on the good of human nature. I will try tinkering with it as full automation definatly would be a big boon. I think I have an idea on how to do this, but it is just a theory and not even a full proof of concept. =)

In case you want to know what those on the regular track say.
The incoming lane to the base reads SLOW DOWN. As locomotives that have a passenger cart seem to ignore signals in the current state of things.
The outgoing lane reads 'Have a nice trip!', indicating (or trying to) that you are allowed to go full out on the throttle again :)
Thank you for the imput!
Oh, a thought on making the armor pieces available. Lay out buttons along side the stand, and have several pieces of armor for each button. Instead of pulling off the stand, you could have it drop the piece into the equip stand.

As far as this is concerned, I would like to have a single adv. monitor to have the armour selectable from. I do have an idea that will probably work, but requires two micro AE systems as well as a Equip and a UnEquip booth. The main danger of the unequipment booth would be when people turn in a piece of armour that is not actually managed or shown in the system/armour stands.
The current idea with the 2 micro AE systems seems like the best solution, be it that it will need some more modding of the coding involved in making the system work. This is still the biggest concern to me, as coding is difficult. At this point in time at least ;)

Also before I forget, yes there will be a video tour if you'd like one! =) I cannot however say anything about the ETA of the final product, as the base is getting more and more complicated rapidly as well as some other concerns I have. Sorry about that. Expect a weekly if not biweekly update ;)

For all others, thank you! Hopefully I deliver up to standards and do not dissapoint anyone ;) I will upload a world safe when CORE is done.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Thanks for the answer. What I do for auto-processing of quarries at current is to build a small AE network, and fill the storage drives and then ship those via train back home, then pipe them into a processing network. Because Pipes will interact with ME Drives. It also means I can have drives formatted for the various ores. And I use DSU's for cobble, dirt, and gravel.

Yes, I would like a video tour, because while I can find out how the stuff works, having the designer show off is awesome. Then I can play with all the toys and break them.

The classless

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to present to you guys my wip sky base

the four secondary and main towers in one shot
2013-10-13_09.45.34.png
The inside of the main tower
2013-10-13_09.41.07.png dining hall
2013-10-13_09.41.17.png living room
2013-10-13_09.41.38.png the bed room

The inside the magic tower
2013-10-13_09.42.35.png wip mystic craft room
2013-10-13_09.42.54.png thaumcraft room