Lets See Some Bases! Give Us a Tour!

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
So this is a WIP base I am making in a hard and laggy modpack called Revolution 3.
It's nowhere near ready yet, but this is what I got so far.
http://imgur.com/gallery/NFVTq
Being not particularly good at building, any suggestions would be appreciated.
Also, BUMP. You're welcome.

You're off to a good start, I certainly like what you're doing with the river.
The overall styling is quite nice- try mixing it up with a few different variants of the same block (bit of birch planking with the oak, one of the chiselled versions quarry stone to go with the plain)
The log support beams are a nice effect too.

The best advice I can give is be brave, practice, and experiment.

T

TheRedCrafter344

You're off to a good start, I certainly like what you're doing with the river.
The overall styling is quite nice- try mixing it up with a few different variants of the same block (bit of birch planking with the oak, one of the chiselled versions quarry stone to go with the plain)
The log support beams are a nice effect too.

The best advice I can give is be brave, practice, and experiment.

Thanks for the tips. It was spruce tho not oak :p

SnailsAttack

Jul 29, 2019
Here is a sort of mars city I made in creative mode in the Space Astronomy modpack.

2017-03-14_00.43.55.png

2017-03-14_00.44.06.png

2017-03-14_00.44.15.png

2017-03-14_00.45.24.png

2017-03-14_00.45.29.png

2017-03-14_00.45.44.png

2017-03-14_00.45.35.png

2017-03-14_00.46.01.png

2017-03-14_00.46.09.png

Anyways, thanks for looking at this. It took a few weeks to make.

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
After a very unfortunately problem with our world on our server, we started over, starting in FTB Beyond (Still following DireWolf20's pack but the extra mods in this pack are interesting as well).
Also looking at a youtuber called SystemCollapse, who has some interesting ideas.

My base is trying to look like a wizards tower, not too sure if I got it right or not.

So far, early power is up, with mob spawning 'pit of doom', smeltery and basic canola power plant with a steve's cart running around chopping down trees.

2017-04-15_19.12.00.png 2017-04-18_00.09.02.png 2017-04-18_00.09.06.png 2017-04-18_00.09.19.png

-Wuffle!

Middleclaw

Apr 12, 2014
I think he is refering to the Canola from Actually Additions rather than Rotarycraft. You can Ferment those into fuels for power.

Reactions: KingTriaxx
T

TheRedCrafter344

I think he is refering to the Canola from Actually Additions rather than Rotarycraft. You can Ferment those into fuels for power.
Oh ok. I haven't got any experience with that mod, so I couldn't know.

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
The tower should be less conical, and taller. Perhaps a large area in the top?

I agree, you actually nailed what's been bugging me about the tower, it's too squat.

I"m going to increase the height of the tower substantially in the upper sections.

The top area is going to be different too :)

I have added an extreme reactors 5 x 5 reactor with just plain old graphic blocks for now, powering two EnderIO vibrant capacitors (There goes my only few emeralds!) with a rednet port and a power monitor automating the reactor, it's quite an efficient thing for the power it can produce.

On the other side of the path is the monster generation pit which I based upon a video by ServerCollapse on youtube.

2017-04-18_23.48.01.png 2017-04-18_00.09.06.png

So, short term power.. sorted for now, these fluxnet things for power are very handy!

Hmm.. maybe put a Draconic reactor at the top of the tower?

-Wuffle!

Reactions: TheRedCrafter344

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
I agree, you actually nailed what's been bugging me about the tower, it's too squat.

I"m going to increase the height of the tower substantially in the upper sections.

Wizard towers are typically quite crooked; try having a few of the levels slightly off centre. (or do something very fancy with C'n'B and have sections at an off vertical angle)

Hmm.. maybe put a Draconic reactor at the top of the tower?

Or the power storage orb thingy. Either way the 'eye of Sauron' look would be pretty damn cool.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Hey dude, for the majority of those pics inside, what are you using for the flooring?
That semi light grey color material??
1. You quoted a guy quoting another one. The original poster will not get pinged by your reply. The original poster was @Captain_Oats
2. This thread is incredibly old. The post you refer to is from 2013.
3. My best guess to the blocks(not too familiar with faithful) would be something like Quarried Stone from railcraft. Or perhaps it is one the GT stones(perhaps likely since both the grey and lighter grey blocks share the same texture).

Last edited:
Reactions: JaRyCu

jadedforlife17

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so here is my question
I've been playing FTB infinity evolved on my buddies server which I know isn't the latest mod pack but which material would you recommend for flooring and feeling.
I've been using Abyssal for the ceiling but I want like greyish colors that look sexy
Obviously inverted white lamps look amazing for ceiling lighting but just lemme know if your able

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Ok so here is my question
I've been playing FTB infinity evolved on my buddies server which I know isn't the latest mod pack but which material would you recommend for flooring and feeling.
I've been using Abyssal for the ceiling but I want like greyish colors that look sexy
Obviously inverted white lamps look amazing for ceiling lighting but just lemme know if your able
I like using Polished Andesite, Quarried Blocks, various Blocks of Tin. There is also Marble and Quartz for white detailing. Also LOVE the RC Coke Blocks, but that is probably purely a Soartex thing.

If you really enjoy building, then I recommend that you build a "materials gallery" in each world. Some place out of the way, like a cave deep underground or in another dimension. Create a large flat surface and then add a few of each building blocks from every mod that you find. This allows you to quickly go investigate blocks, their colour scales, how the match and also just a place to experiment. This is my gallery in my current world: http://i.imgur.com/Wy5UdLp.png
I just built this in Aromas Mining world and added portals for easy access.

Last edited:

jadedforlife17

Jul 29, 2019
Oh that's sick dude
Yeah my buddy made me a void world using MystCraft where it's always High noon with no weather so that'd be perfect to try
If I could just use Z-Tones then all would be well with the world
I installed it just fine on the client side but my buddy Cody who runs the server from his machine can't get it to work without crashing the server sadly

What's the latest and greatest modPack out there ???

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Here's some screenies from my base in Forever Stranded. Playing it slow and steady, not paying much attention the quest book (it's got a lot of pointless crafting which given the rarity of iron and redstone, I just felt I'll progress in my own way, then come back to them later). Took me 3 worlds to get to this point, the first two are day 1 and 2, and I'm being ganked at spawn by a husk horde. I think it's game year 2, as I'm in my 2nd winter.
Iron and redstone is a real pain, and I'm glad I do not have to do any more manual sifting, there is just way too much of that in this pack.

2017-10-04_19.48.03.png
My resource gen, all powered by cobble. Underground is a lava gen power system, plus setup to auto-craft iron meshes. Main sifts Gravel and Dust, with Sand only being sifted as a side product of the gravel in sag mill. All gets dumped into a medium storage crate, and the dust/grains/chunks are sent to various compressors and then either sent to the AA crusher to get a lot more resources (well worth the investment building that) and then smelted and all ingots stored into a different medium storage crate.

Need to setup a storage wall and do something with all the seeds, then I can think about AE2.

2017-10-04_19.48.26.png
Two vanilla cactus farms, one producing dirt, the other making water (I'm avoiding the "cheaty" infinite water block thats available). Small witchwater setup down there too for soul sand production.

2017-10-04_19.49.01.png
My greenhouse, only just recently added the heating coils for winter warming. As usual, barely need to touch pams various meals, it's easy enough to keep well fed

2017-10-04_19.49.32.png 2017-10-04_19.50.00.png
Various overview shots (got my first chicken in the enclosure out back)

2017-10-04_19.50.36.png
Naturally formed mob trap outside, plus waterwheel and ink sack farm. Nothing can get into the base, and sand cannot pile up outside. My eventual goal is to enclose the entire area and cover it with grass.

Edit: Following the above, I decided to review my non-ingots crate and setup a basic IC2 scrap processing system making use of flint and ex nilo seeds, other seeds are being squeezed to seed oil (might have a use for that later). Scrap is going to be turned to scrap boxes and then auto-opened (somehow) for some further useful resources. Saves throwing it into a trash can!

Last edited:

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Here's my current (a couple of weeks in the evenings) base in Age of Engineering.

2017-11-02_20.21.56.png 2017-11-02_20.22.14.png 2017-11-04_21.39.39.png

Using Laboratory blocks as I like the look, given that I am focusing heavily on getting IC2 built out before moving beyond Age-4.

Automated farm for Biogas generation. Wheat farm with crop sticks in a 11 x 11 x 3 arrangement.

2017-11-04_21.39.53.png

Power building and internals.

2017-11-04_21.39.58.png 2017-11-04_21.40.30.png 2017-11-04_22.39.23.png

Wheat is macerated into BioChaff, a fluid canning machine in 'enrich' mode with an infinite water source converts it all into BioMass.

Pipe goes to Fermenter, biogas is used to power a semifluid generator which is slowly charging an MFE, nearby is the solid fuel heat generator which is needed to 'boot up' the stack with Coal. So far the system is very slowly charging up the MFE.

One thing I've noted though, tapping into the biogas to power the heater and also charge the MFE seems to result in a net loss of biogas from the heater, which could eventually lead to stalling of the stack... Not sure if I need to keep the solid fuel going until the MFE is fully charged first and allow whole system to 'back up' with biogas first.

I suspect I might need more than one fermenter and use coal to boot everything up... or build a huge tank of biogas.

Any ideas appreciated!

-Wuffle!

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Here's my current (a couple of weeks in the evenings) base in Age of Engineering.

View attachment 34982 View attachment 34984 View attachment 34985

Using Laboratory blocks as I like the look, given that I am focusing heavily on getting IC2 built out before moving beyond Age-4.

Automated farm for Biogas generation. Wheat farm with crop sticks in a 11 x 11 x 3 arrangement.

View attachment 34988

Power building and internals.

View attachment 34991 View attachment 34993 View attachment 34996

Wheat is macerated into BioChaff, a fluid canning machine in 'enrich' mode with an infinite water source converts it all into BioMass.

Pipe goes to Fermenter, biogas is used to power a semifluid generator which is slowly charging an MFE, nearby is the solid fuel heat generator which is needed to 'boot up' the stack with Coal. So far the system is very slowly charging up the MFE.

One thing I've noted though, tapping into the biogas to power the heater and also charge the MFE seems to result in a net loss of biogas from the heater, which could eventually lead to stalling of the stack... Not sure if I need to keep the solid fuel going until the MFE is fully charged first and allow whole system to 'back up' with biogas first.

I suspect I might need more than one fermenter and use coal to boot everything up... or build a huge tank of biogas.

Any ideas appreciated!

-Wuffle!
I've not got any useful ideas unfortunately Wuffle, but I did want to say I think your base is looking nice so far! Clean lines, and I like the look of the stained glass and fan blocks that you've used! :)

Reactions: WuffleFluffy