Lets See Some Bases! Give Us a Tour!

Funky Ghost

Jul 29, 2019
She puts on her headphones, listens to pandora and watches anime on her second monitor while chugging away.

And she's nuts!

I'm her technical assistant and daddy warbucks. I do all the gathering. She's not big on resourcing at all while I tend to enjoy zoning out and mining by hand ( or with turtles ... but I didn't go that route this time ) I just did magic crops gathering until I could make the unbreakable pick and went to town caving and strip mining. I may be as nutty as she is come to think of it :D

Last edited:

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
She puts on her headphones, listens to pandora and watches anime on her second monitor while chugging away.

And she's nuts!

I'm her technical assistant and daddy warbucks. I do all the gathering. She's not big on resourcing at all while I tend to enjoy zoning out and mining by hand ( or with turtles ... but I didn't go that route this time ) I just did magic crops gathering until I could make the unbreakable pick and went to town caving and strip mining. I may be as nutty as she is come to think of it :D
See, I really struggle to do something else while playing - even if I'm just doing something menial in-game! I occasionally stick on MC videos (something like the Yogscast or Direwolf20) but I don't really take in what's happening in the video. Multitasking is not my gift.

Reactions: Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost

Jul 29, 2019
I'm with ya. I will have music going ( but since Grooveshark shut down I've been at a loss :( ) Mostly I'm just playing the game or taking notes ( cuz I'm forgetful and need crib notes to remind me of some things once I've figured them out :D )

My next big mission, mod wise, is to learn Thaumcraft. I haven't dipped my feet into that pool yet. I'm sure it will present me with new building opportunities. At least I hope so.

This weekend I spent literally 4 hours caving and mining. I messed about with my auto farms but mostly just zoned out gathering. I swear I like it more than it seems everyone else.

My one wish at this point? A light spell with a timer. That way when I'm all done they will eventually disappear and my world wont be bogged down keeping track of all the torches or mage light sources.

Someone needs to make that happen :) Preferably Mithion :D

Last edited:
Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Hyperenergetic Nitor is probably the best option. It generates lights around you while you carry it. (Can't remember if it's hand or hotbar, but I don't think it's inventory.) Then they fade away as you move off.

Reactions: Funky Ghost

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
For this creation you gotta keep in mind that I have a long history of building the most ugly, boring houses known to mankind, because for me it's incredibly difficult to build something with good aesthetics.
So this is in my Ultimate 1.4.7 world, the goal here is to build a first house with a steampunk-inspired design, with room for basic machines and storage.
If this works out well, which it should, I'll be adding more levels on top of this. Of course it's just barely a shell right now and has lots of improvements to go.

InzsYrJ.png

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
I'm really making an effort for aesthetics in my current world, but I'm much better at making functional builds than pretty ones. I also always build underground so that I don't have to worry about making the exterior look nice. That said, let's move on to my base tour! I'm using a custom modpack with only Thaumcraft and Rotarycraft as main mods, with support from Buildcraft, Ender Storage, BiblioCraft, Project Red Integration, Railcraft (custom stone only), and Iron Chests.

Elw5fWY.png

My house from the outside. What's that? Not very impressive you say? Well, let's take a look inside, shall we?

C33r7TJ.png

what do you mean, "it's even less impressive"?

xrXOuoM.png

Wait, what's this secret staircase behind the research table?

Z04y5Ew.png

It is, of course, the entrance to my real base. The main room is at the end of this hallway; I was going for a museum look, with various automation setups as "exhibits"...

gsmGY0H.png

The first of which being Lubricant production. There's always a huge backlog of canola seeds because the grinder can't keep up... I should probably fix that at some point. :p

PaH5mr5.png

This contraption is my own invention. It automates something else in RotaryCraft... see if you can figure out what. And yes, I know I still need to take an Equal Trade focus to the walls.

sBBtvcd.png

Remember the giant cobblestone tower in the first picture? This is what it's for. Mobs fall down to here so that golems can collect their drops.

0NIL02p.png

This is both my blaze rod/powder farm (Blaze powder is essential for my power production, and blaze rods are my main source of Praecantatio) and my XP farm. The gadget above the spawner is a RotaryCraft spawner controller - it can shut the spawner down completely (as it is now) or make the spawner spawn blazes faster. How fast? With my setup, up to 1 spawn (which consists of around 3 blazes) every tick!

yknTu0E.png

The main room. You can see some more automation in this room. Also, it should be apparent by now that I'm addicted to Railcraft stone. It just looks so nice...

V7fxZDv.png

This little setup is simply a Performance Engine that distributes power to the Lube farm and ??? factory in the above pics.

ZElRFI5.png

Jet fuel! I haven't got all of the components of it automated yet, but I'm pretty close.

hmRy5hi.png

The purpose of the berry bushes is to supply berries (to be broken down into Victus) to a Thaumatorium making slimeballs to be turned into Magma Cream for the Fractionator.

33Eq16n.png

Just a little workshop (still using Railcraft stone) containing a manual grinder, furnace, and Pulse Jet Furnace. I plan to move my Blast Furnace to here as well.

AASPwbI.png

My Thaumcraft room, directly above the main room. To get up here, I use a Transvector Dislocator (from Thaumic Tinkerer) as a teleporter. Yes, I plan to extend the bookshelves all the way to the end of the other wall. There's an Essentia Reservoir (god I love those things) behind the Infusion altar that you can't see.

Dwoq4el.png

My storage room, along with some Crimson Cult armor sets that I swiped from them.

LsyyNsL.png

This is below the main room; it's where my other automation will happen. Here you see my ore processing (using an Extractor for that juicy 5x). It's so hard to set up, but so worth it.

w9ZtjDo.png

My extractor setup that has a 1-tick run time for all stages except the first one - can you figure out how it works?

PTU0FBb.png

And to do the actual mining, I use an Arcane Bore with a Silk Touch focus. It has (comparatively) terrible range compared to the RoC borer, but is much easier to set up. Besides, with the Extractor it still gives me stacks upon stacks of resources from every tunnel it digs.

Currently, I'm setting up an Enderman farm to supply Alienis essentia to a Sanitizing Soap factory - warp is bad, y'know?

Last edited:

Kiktamo

Jul 29, 2019
Working on a void age base at the moment it's going to be themed around Thaumcraft's primal aspects mostly just Aer, Terra, Aqua, and Ignis. The dimension itself represents Ordo. Going to make a new age that's connected to Perditio later.

Barebones at the moment with only the Ignis portion partially done. Really enjoying how it's turning out though.

b46trP4.png

mCnbxNo.png

KrXH6tV.png

Overworld House & Botania(also a bit wip).

9BNTj5V.png

bhtzSts.png

9Dlie1p.png

Mods are just a personal pack mostly as many magic themed as would work together and still give decent fps.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Working on a void age base at the moment it's going to be themed around Thaumcraft's primal aspects mostly just Aer, Terra, Aqua, and Ignis. The dimension itself represents Ordo. Going to make a new age that's connected to Perditio later.

Barebones at the moment with only the Ignis portion partially done. Really enjoying how it's turning out though.

b46trP4.png

mCnbxNo.png

KrXH6tV.png

Overworld House & Botania(also a bit wip).

9BNTj5V.png

bhtzSts.png

9Dlie1p.png

Mods are just a personal pack mostly as many magic themed as would work together and still give decent fps.

As much as I find void worlds boring and distasteful, I absolutely love your overworld house.