Let's play Modded MC!(1.7.10)

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
So, I've been thinking about doing a lets play of my favorite past time this summer, Feed The Beast modded minecraft. Probably gonna do a picture through, but if my FPS is good enough, I might do videos and throw them up on the youtubes. I will post my complete modlist once I've done all my tweaks and additions. I will be taking requests for builds. Lastly, I'll be doing this tutorial style for any people newish to FTB/mods
Mod List
All the stuff below this is from 1.6! I'm now on 1.7.10 baby!
[DOUBLEPOST=1404439718][/DOUBLEPOST]DAY 1
RCDPQZw.png
CQarCaP.png
Apatite can be used to make fertilizer, which is needed in a Forestry multifarm.
1EciAWj.png
These crystals each have a special ability. The white one will neutralize all buffs and debuffs on you when you come near it. The other one seemingly does nothing. BTW: You can make these crystals into pendants, which when in your inventory will apply their effects to you! Neat huh?
GYJ62ig.png
MFR Rubber trees are super useful. They give you raw rubber when chopped down, which smelts into rubber bars, which is used in almost all Minefactory Reloaded recipes and can even be used in industrial craft recipes! We'll be getting into both later...
fPVu3GR.png
This is a crafting station from Tinkers Construct, which acts like a vanilla crafting table, except for two things.
1. It has an inventory, so when you put items in it and leave the GUI, the items stay inside.
2. When you put a vanilla chest/double chest adjacent to it, you can access the chest from within the crafting station!
Super cheap too! Just put a vanilla crafting table in your 2x2 crafting grid to get this useful block. And, you can make it into a half slab if you put it into your grid again.
GvThmBt.png
No, just cadmium...:(
jpCAtfm.png
This stuff can be used to fuel Big Reactors and reactors from reactorcraft. Unlimited power!
vujBhpz.png
gLRL9MS.png
Once we get redstone, we can make our first machines!

Last edited:

psp

Jul 29, 2019
You have to make that fusion reactor better by a factor of fiveo_O

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Update #2
I added two mods: Buildcraft and Iron Chests. Both was because I forgot them when I first set up the pack. Derp.
XU5NjOb.png
Note: Does not carry over its effect when made into a pendant.
BFyVT9b.png
Barrels can hold 64 stacks of a single item, and can be upgraded to hold tons more! You can even make them share an inventory with another barrel!
n4Yvrqb.png
This little contraption from Applied Energistics is an early game method of doubling your ores. It is super cheap, but has a couple drawbacks. One: See that crank on the top? You have to hold down right click on it to turn it, which grinds the ores. It is a slow process and can not be done via turtle or autonomous activator/any auto clicker. Two: Turn the crank when there is no ores inside and it'll break. It only costs 5 sticks, but is still slightly inconvenient.
KjXCp3V.png
This will double your ores at the cost of some power, which is provided by the furnace generator next to it. I used a furnace generator for two reasons. One is it doesn't need water. Two is that in my testing, it provided slightly more power per piece of coal.
3x8cORO.png
This furnace is way more faster then a vanilla furnace. It just needs some RF, again provided by the furnace generator. It's also way more efficient!
Lastly, it cooks food uber fast.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Dire found that the Factorization Robot arm will run the Grindstone, however actually making one requires finding a Matrix Programmer, and those are naturally not too common, especially early on. So it's probably something restricted to a server. Though I presume Algo has already closed the loophole.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Update #3
7Kz59R6.png
This is an iron chest. The iron chest mod allows you to make your chests bigger and bigger, even allowing you to upgrade them in place!
yQte1kK.png
This is a Blast Furnace from Rotary Craft. It is needed for a couple of things in RotaryCraft, including making HSLA Steel, a needed component in many machines.
97QM2Mw.png
These useful items from Tinkers Construct allows you to turn things like rotten flesh into an edible food source. Just right click the rack with the flesh in your hand and wait for it to turn into Monster jerky.
N1A0jGD.png
Yum!
a8Yfwxk.png
A super cheap and useful item, it will void any item you put into it. So be careful shift clicking into it!
P.S. It can be piped into!
P9eXZvI.png
IC2's version of the rubber tree is slightly different from MFR's. Using a tree tap, you right click on the orange spots to get sticky resin, which can be smelted into a piece of rubber, or turned into three rubber with a extractor from IC2.
F01zEWW.png
You get these from breaking tall grass. You can plant them and, when broken, will give you more canola seeds. When put into a grinder, it'll give you lubricant, which is used for a couple engines and almost all the gearboxes in Rotarycraft. Having a farm of these isn't a bad idea!
hV47ppr.png
Thermal Expansion's lowest tier form of energy storage, it can be shift right clicked and moved around, while keeping it's energy! It can also be upgraded without you losing any energy.
FxIEi7B.png
Remember that fusion reactor? You'll need about 10k of this stuff to make it. Better start stockpiling it early!
JyRCUmb.png
This is used to craft all of Rotary Craft's machines and engines.
h7oviab.png
You'll want to make this as it'll be your best friend in rotary craft. It tells you everything you need to know about rotarycraft and it's equipment/machines/engines.
wNVTiSb.png
This machine can be used to make lubricant and to triple your ores. It's not too hard to power, just need to apply a little bit of brain power!
Sr1bHTU.png
This block from Thermal Expansion will passively gain water over time. If you put a block of water on two sides of it, it'll gain water way faster. You can pipe out of it using any liquid pipe.
OkSyvTf.png
I have a steam engine from rotary craft at the back, with a fluiduct piping water into it from the aqueous accumulator. Underneath the engine is a piece of lit netherrack. Connected to the engine is a diamond 4:1 gearbox set to torque, which is then connected to the grinder. This allows the grinder to run, albeit slowly. But you can pipe in and out of the grinder. :p
Notes:
1. YOU NEED WATER PIPING INTO THE STEAM ENGINE, OTHERWISE IT WILL EXPLODE
2. You CAN use lava under the steam engine, but you will need a cooling fin on the steam engine, otherwise, well, boom.
3. I could have used a lower tier gearbox(like steel or stone), but diamond ones only need one bucket of lubricant and doesn't use it up.
4. All rotary craft machines can be sped up by putting in more RAD/s.
5. One steam engine can power 4 grinders, but you'll need shaft junctions and a 16:1 gearbox set to torque. I also imagine they'll be quite slow.
6. I am on purpose not explaining a lot of tinkers construct as it is difficult to explain via text. I highly recommend finding tutorials on it on youtube.
[DOUBLEPOST=1404587810][/DOUBLEPOST]
Dire found that the Factorization Robot arm will run the Grindstone, however actually making one requires finding a Matrix Programmer, and those are naturally not too common, especially early on. So it's probably something restricted to a server. Though I presume Algo has already closed the loophole.
That's also in 1.7. I am currently in 1.6. :p

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
I don't even have Factorization so I didn't need to test it. Besides, I prefer not to do the cheaty ways of doing things.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Quick update:
I have added Railcraft, Steves Carts, and Steves Factory Manager.
I have also removed Fancy fences due to it clashing with MFR, causing crashes when looking up some recipes and causing strange rendering in the Rotary Craft handbook.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Quick update:
I have added Railcraft, Steves Carts, and Steves Factory Manager.
I have also removed Fancy fences due to it clashing with MFR, causing crashes when looking up some recipes and causing strange rendering in the Rotary Craft handbook.

you could always create fences through Extra Utilities as RWTema added a way of creating fences through multiparts
though it's quite a hassle to actually make the fences, but on the plus side any block that can be used for multiparts works

Reactions: madnewmy

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
you could always create fences through Extra Utilities as RWTema added a way of creating fences through multiparts
though it's quite a hassle to actually make the fences, but on the plus side any block that can be used for multiparts works
Yeah I just saw that in NEI. I'll definitely be looking into it.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I just saw that in NEI. I'll definitely be looking into it.

Its quite annoying to get a even number with those :/

Edit: just realized something, why don't you use 4 steam engine instead of a gearbox? It will make it faster and you wont be "wasting" early diamonds (even if those gearbox are awesome unless you use shaft power bus)

Plus, how would one get it's first bucket of lub to send in the gearbox? I guess gasoline engine but those have limited use!

Edit2: just a quick note, if you rebuild the FUSIONNNNNNN reactor, you might want to build it with HP turbine this time around. They create more energy while being less laggy. It however, cost a bit moare (by a bit i mean a lot)

Last edited:

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Its quite annoying to get a even number with those :/

Edit: just realized something, why don't you use 4 steam engine instead of a gearbox? It will make it faster and you wont be "wasting" early diamonds (even if those gearbox are awesome unless you use shaft power bus)

Plus, how would one get it's first bucket of lub to send in the gearbox? I guess gasoline engine but those have limited use!

Edit2: just a quick note, if you rebuild the FUSIONNNNNNN reactor, you might want to build it with HP turbine this time around. They create more energy while being less laggy. It however, cost a bit moare (by a bit i mean a lot)
I used a gearbox because I just wanted to show it could be done. I did in fact use the 4 steam engines to get the first bucket of lubricant, and I switched back to using the 4 steam engines after the screenshot due to it being very slow. I wasn't worried about diamonds due to having a super good mining trip(stack of diamonds).
And I do plan on using the HP turbines as well as switching to a server soon, to take the load off of my computer.

To everybody, sorry about no update today! I had two awesome builds planned to generate a lot of early game power, but both flopped and turned out to actually be worse then just using coal as far as complexity and efficiency. But no worries, because I have one last thing I'm going to try.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
gtdhNQI.png
Found these as dungeon loot! Growable enderpearls! (The Ender Cores were not fun to make btw. Took forever to get the enderpearls for them)
Growing Ender Lilies on Ender Cores makes them grow faster and respond better to growth accelerators. (Still can't use bonemeal though).
JvMzTHo.png
This is a chunkloader. It will keep the chunks it is in loaded even when you aren't there, allowing any machines in those chunks to keep working, crops keep growing, etc etc.
Dj08iOA.png
This is the next step up from a steam engine. It runs off of ethanol crystals and will make our Grinder take half as much time to do it's job.
ccINsm5.png
Storage for all the Geostrata stone we've been getting. I'll be wanting to use it later...
IJXVba2.png
The battery of Thermal Expansion, it can also charge any items in your inventory that uses RF. You can charge it in a capacitor bank from Ender IO or a Energetic Infuser from Thermal Expansion.
oipyFc9.png
Whoo boy this sucker was annoying to craft, and expensive! It is much like a quarry, except for a few key differences.
1. Will only load the chunk it is in and the chunk it is currently mining out
2. Uses RF, not MJ.
3. You set it's mining area with fences.
4. Has a near infinite limit as far as it's mining boundary, unlike the quarry's 64x64.
5. Instead of leaving a chasm, it replaces everything it mines with dirt.
6. Mines like a mining well, doing a column at a time. So you'll get diamonds a lot quicker!

We will be getting into better power gen soon. Right now I'm running off of Furnace Generators.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
I present to you...
EzrmyGc.png
The Big Reactor. Big Reactors are highly reliant on the placing of the rods and the "coolants" inside. In this one, I have cryotheum in between the rods and resonant ender everywhere else. It can produce 17k Rf/t. It can produce more if I turned it into a Active cooled reactor, but I don't have the resources for that just yet.