Learn Gregtech Hardcore Questing Mode Pack

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
@SolManX Integrated Circuits (ICs) are used in the bender to adjust the allowed stack size for plates.

Thanks ... I didn't test hard enough. I was expecting the circuit to speed things up, or maybe increase output (two cells instead of one per two plates).

The correct circuit to bend two plates at a time is configuration:==12.

Going to get lava now.

Last edited:

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
So, I'm up to doing the rock cutter, but for that either I need titanium or tungstensteel.

I found a ton of bauxite ore, so thought the titanium route was the way to go, especially since the blast furnace is not yet good enough for tungstensteel. So, I macerated it twice, once into crushed ore and then into dirty piles of dust to put in an industrial electrolyzer I just crafted (ooof).

Doh! I can't use the dirty piles - I need clean piles!! Only way it seems I can do that is with an industrial centrifuge. Aaargh, that needs stainless steel. Luckily I've got some manganese, nickel and chromium dusts.

So first question is - have I missed something much easier?
Second is, where can I find silver? The PFAA site doesn't mention it and I can't see any ore in NEI. So far I found some in dungeons, and it seems you can get from byproducts, but is that it?

Cheers again guys, I'm having a blast.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Make a cauldron, fill with water, drop dirty piles (stacks at a time) on cauldron = clean dust

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Second is, where can I find silver? The PFAA site doesn't mention it and I can't see any ore in NEI. So far I found some in dungeons, and it seems you can get from byproducts, but is that it?
I'm not sure how our oregen works here, but GT oregen loads Silver along with Lead and Galena. Galena can be processed to acquire still more silver (I believe 3 silver for every 7 Galena dust, give or take.)

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Make a cauldron, fill with water, drop dirty piles (stacks at a time) on cauldron = clean dust

Oh wow - that simple. Oh well, upgrading 9 of casings on the blast furnace to reinforced (so that I can cook stainless steel dust so that I can build a centrifuge so that I can clean dust) won't be wasted anyway. :(

EDIT: Just tried it and it doesn't seem to work - the cauldron just won't accept the dusts. This *is* GregTech after all. :)

I'm not sure how our oregen works here, but GT oregen loads Silver along with Lead and Galena. Galena can be processed to acquire still more silver (I believe 3 silver for every 7 Galena dust, give or take.)

Thanks, I think it's only coming from using a industrial centrifuge/grinder. Doesn't seem to be any sign of the ore anywhere (PFAA, NEI, world).

Last edited:

Queue

Jul 29, 2019
Also this line:
Code:
The coremod appeng.transformer.AppEngCore does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft

This line is making me want to kill everything.

EDIT: Actually just going to delete everything. Java, MC, all mod folders, etc. Start clean and new. Maybe we can expect pack progress then,

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
That is only for Gregtech 5 (1.7.10)

Oh my bad, since there was nothing in the first post indicating otherwise I just presumed it was for 1.7.10. Shame really as there's so much difference between 4 & 5, kinda pointless learning old stuff.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
The new GT really is a complete and utter overhaul, but I find the "feel" to be extremely similar. This is true of the overall difficulty including the general "grind".

As far as this "feel" goes, GT5 differs mostly in that it's streamlined. Machines of a similar type have been combined and organized into types, so you no longer have things like the Distillation Tower and Industrial Grinder being standalone late-game toys: they're now high-tier flavours of the Distillery and Macerator respectively.

That said, GT5 is completely awesome compared to its predecessors, so, I recommend pressuring this team to abandon their families and jobs and work on rebuilding the pack for free just to appease us.

Reactions: SolManX and Queue

Queue

Jul 29, 2019
The new GT really is a complete and utter overhaul, but I find the "feel" to be extremely similar. This is true of the overall difficulty including the general "grind".

As far as this "feel" goes, GT5 differs mostly in that it's streamlined. Machines of a similar type have been combined and organized into types, so you no longer have things like the Distillation Tower and Industrial Grinder being standalone late-game toys: they're now high-tier flavours of the Distillery and Macerator respectively.

That said, GT5 is completely awesome compared to its predecessors, so, I recommend pressuring this team to abandon their families and jobs and work on rebuilding the pack for free just to appease us.
Yes good idea. I mean who needs family anyway?

Queue

Jul 29, 2019
Oh my bad, since there was nothing in the first post indicating otherwise I just presumed it was for 1.7.10. Shame really as there's so much difference between 4 & 5, kinda pointless learning old stuff.
Hmm maybe it is time to make the 1.7.10 thread even if we have nothing to show for it... even if just to snag some testers when we release an alpha. @CarbonBasedGhost ?

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019

All sounds good to me. I'm really enjoying the the PFAA ore generation as well. Stumbling on a vein of redstone actually made me cheer - I can't remember the last time I did that.

And I've made me some silver. Ooh-arr! (said in a pirate voice)

Reactions: Queue and Pyure