Learn Gregtech Hardcore Questing Mode Pack

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Back again - bit stumped on how to get the power from a nuclear reactor into the charger box with the lapotron crystals.

The reactor is definitely working and is pumping out 35 EU/t. So copper cables (128 EU/t) should be okay from reactor to charger box but nothing happened. (I also tried a lever on the charger just in case).

Then, read up on lapotron crystals, the wiki reckoned only machines with two transformer upgrades could charge the crystals. So upgraded the charged box twice, but still nothing. Tried gold cables as well.

What am I missing?

RaptorSB

Jul 29, 2019
I don't suppose you guys plan on making this a server pack as well? Been trying to work the 1.7.10 version into one, but can't seem to get it working properly. Mind, my skills with all this are on the very low side. :) Either way, loving the idea and hope to see 1.7.10 out soon! Thanks for all your hard work and dedication. Poeple like me would be mighty bored with vanilla Minecraft if it weren't for people like you skilled savants!

Reactions: Queue

Queue

Jul 29, 2019
I don't suppose you guys plan on making this a server pack as well? Been trying to work the 1.7.10 version into one, but can't seem to get it working properly. Mind, my skills with all this are on the very low side. :) Either way, loving the idea and hope to see 1.7.10 out soon! Thanks for all your hard work and dedication. Poeple like me would be mighty bored with vanilla Minecraft if it weren't for people like you skilled savants!
We'll do some testing when we can :)
If you want to track the progress and help out here's the new thread: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/cqi-modpack-creation.58869
Thank you for the support!

Queue

Jul 29, 2019
Back again - bit stumped on how to get the power from a nuclear reactor into the charger box with the lapotron crystals.

The reactor is definitely working and is pumping out 35 EU/t. So copper cables (128 EU/t) should be okay from reactor to charger box but nothing happened. (I also tried a lever on the charger just in case).

Then, read up on lapotron crystals, the wiki reckoned only machines with two transformer upgrades could charge the crystals. So upgraded the charged box twice, but still nothing. Tried gold cables as well.

What am I missing?
Can you put a picture of the setup (imgur, puush)? I'm a bit lost as to your setup

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Can't get to my computer with the save now, but it's literally three blocks:

[Nuclear reactor] => [copper cable] => [charger box containing an empty lapotron crystal].

The cable is coming out of the side of the reactor and going straight into the input side of the 'Charger Box' (from the quest that has the 16 lapotron crystals).

The lapotron crystal inside doesn't charge. I've tried upgrading the Charger box with two transformer upgrades (now has same/similar texture to the MFE).

BTW In a test world the same reactor charged up a MFE fine.

Queue

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm
Can't get to my computer with the save now, but it's literally three blocks:

[Nuclear reactor] => [copper cable] => [charger box containing an empty lapotron crystal].

The cable is coming out of the side of the reactor and going straight into the input side of the 'Charger Box' (from the quest that has the 16 lapotron crystals).

The lapotron crystal inside doesn't charge. I've tried upgrading the Charger box with two transformer upgrades (now has same/similar texture to the MFE).

BTW In a test world the same reactor charged up a MFE fine.
I want to say nothing should be wrong. Time to summon the almighty @SpwnX

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT:

All stuff below is all as described, but think I've solved it (at least, found a solution). Turns out that the charger box needs not only two transformer upgrades, it also needs a third, higher tier transformer (HV).

-------------------------------------------------------------

Had a chance to make a few screenshots from my test world ...

Right: MFE
Left: Twice upgraded charger box
Back: Standard charger box with a LV-transformer (128EU/t -> 32 EU/t)
5WBLodW.png

Lapotron in standard charger ...
dKWSBj0.png

Lapotron in upgraded charger ...
2xmxfRR.png

But the MFE is charging
dlVT9XM.png

Last edited:

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Hi again, probably here for the last time just to say I really enjoyed playing this pack. It was a little bit like starting minecraft for the first time, and that's going to be a rare event, I'd say.

I didn't actually start the Highly Advanced set of quests - I ran out of steam I'm afraid, both literally and metaphorically! Couldn't find enough pitchblende or uranium after much searching.

But I'm now looking forward to the 1.7.10 version and GregTech5.

Cheers Queue and CarbonBasedGhost.

Reactions: CarbonBasedGhost

Queue

Jul 29, 2019
Hi again, probably here for the last time just to say I really enjoyed playing this pack. It was a little bit like starting minecraft for the first time, and that's going to be a rare event, I'd say.

I didn't actually start the Highly Advanced set of quests - I ran out of steam I'm afraid, both literally and metaphorically! Couldn't find enough pitchblende or uranium after much searching.

But I'm now looking forward to the 1.7.10 version and GregTech5.

Cheers Queue and CarbonBasedGhost.
Thanks, sounds like you had fun :)

Any things you want to suggest for the new pack, you can post here.
If you want to help, our gitHubs are there as well.

We hope to make the second pack faster to get through so you don't run out of steam again ;)

nat2601

Jul 29, 2019
Queue, I have an idea for the quests side of the pack, why not put some small rewards? if the quests are easy then have basic reward bag, and the harder the quests get the higher tier of reward bag you get. Because either its glitched for me or what, but theirs no rewards for the quests

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
Queue, I have an idea for the quests side of the pack, why not put some small rewards? if the quests are easy then have basic reward bag, and the harder the quests get the higher tier of reward bag you get. Because either its glitched for me or what, but theirs no rewards for the quests
For the new Learn GT (Cub) we are aiming for a faster intro to GT where resources are abundant. Quests should give you loads of resources while ensuring you do not skip over important concepts. (Ex. For learning to mine once you find copper we will give you 128 ore blocks of it as you need it a ton later). This should make it so you will only need 1 - 2 weeks to learn GT.

The old pack contains no rewards and you will learn the true grind of GT. The pack should also take 3-4 weeks.

Reactions: Queue