Launcher v2 Update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJRamon

Jul 29, 2019
Why is everyone worried about this?

They are going to quality check it, release it for a beta test to get feedback, and make finial changes before we ever see it. They aren't going to release something to us that they know we wouldn't like. Just let them do their job, and if you want your two cents in then participate in the beta and give feedback. It's not even out yet, a little early to start bashing it.

We are already giving feedback, bro.

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
Holy cheezits and frankenfurters. o_O

MC 1.6 isn't even out yet, so how could FTB even consider that beyond speculation?

And "double the clicks" is a problem? One click or two clicks is a big difference? :eek:

*brain-kersplode!*

*cough* I'm nuttier than the average crazy, but holy crap those are some wacky questions. I would think people would pause to consider how much care and effort has been put into FTB to date. It's one thing to be twitchy because of a communication confusion but this is just a demo preview. The demo vid doesn't even have anything filled in beyond base layout design, which to me is looking rather slick and snazzy.

Would people prefer it was kept secret? :confused:

The joys of working nights and reading/posting just before sleep. Yay! :p

B

Big Bad

I wouldn't worry about one-click/two-click functionality at the moment. There are heaps upon heaps of things that need to be added or tweaked (including a quick-launch feature) and the above image and video should only serve as a proof of concept, not as a representation of the new launcher's capabilities.

Kazekai

Jul 29, 2019
So any idea when we might be able to sensually grope try out the new launcher and potentially the new packs it comes with?

Yeah I am pretty impatient to play Magic World 2. :p Even moreso now that it might potentially contain Biomes O' Plenty from the image. That's become a favorite of mine.

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
The Ftb ultimate Should be the new logo

The simplicity of FTB's logo is something that I feel a lot of companies don't seem to understand. I love that simplicity, personally.

Of course, I'm not saying you're wrong, just that I'd be really disappointed if they made the logo more advanced like that :p

Reactions: BanzaiBlitz

QueWhat

Jul 29, 2019
Looks awesome but where is the settings button? hehe :)
Lets hope Minecraft 1.6 will be out soon.
Remember, as mentioned before, this is an early preview and the launcher v2 is still under development. Lack of any specific features, options, buttons, etc. on that preview does not necessarily mean that it will not be present. Launcher dev. team and graphics team are hard at work :D

Ya'll can rest assured that more eye candy and updates will be provided in due time. Of course, feedback, even constructive, is always welcomed.

Gimpanse

Jul 29, 2019
Hm. Are you really sure you want to stick to Swing for the new launcher? It seems like you're making yourself a lot of unneccessary work since JavaFX already provides that fancy animation/transition stuff out of the box, including a WebKit based web view...

Machu1299

Jul 29, 2019
I like the look of it, but I think we should be able to make like skins and stuff for the launcher. That would be cool.
Also, does anyone else think that the Techworld 2 image looks too much revolving around Xycraft?

Kazekai

Jul 29, 2019
I like the look of it, but I think we should be able to make like skins and stuff for the launcher. That would be cool.
Also, does anyone else think that the Techworld 2 image looks too much revolving around Xycraft?

It does? I don't see it, unless you mean the hexagons, in which case math/tech people love their symmetrical shapes.

Reminds me of sci-fi/digital world kind of thing.

B

Big Bad

I was gonna say, the hexagonal honeycomb pattern was a popular science fiction trope well before Xycraft came into existence.

Edit: I should also mention that we've taken a good hard look at the suggestions and comments you all have made in response this iteration of the launcher. Rest assured, we (and by "we", I mean jjw123, captainnana, and the rest of the launcher and web dev crew. They're the guys that're actually doing the hard work) are certainly taking every post into consideration and the final product will be adjusted accordingly.

Reactions: seannyyx

johnny_funtime

Jul 29, 2019
Love the look but it also looks like it could be a bit slow on semi older pc's with the animated menu's and what not. Now granted I don't know anything about coding or what not so I could be wrong in the notion.

Machu1299

Jul 29, 2019
The pictures are colorful, but I think you should have an option to change the back round to say a picture you have on your computer or change it to a certain color or design.
And, the pictures look very nice, but I'm not the kind of person that likes those very graphical pictures. Maybe you could allow for a way to let people make custom pictures and use those for the pictures? Maybe even a tab like next to texture packs on the launcher called skins for the launcher? That would be cool.

Democre

Jul 29, 2019
I have a suggestion. Add a section to the launcher for pure client side mods and their configs. Whenever you launch a mod pack, you could copy these mods and configs to the mod pack instance. This way those who like Rei's mini map could always use it in any modpack, or those who like Zan's could get that instead. Plus once they're configured, that configuration would be the same for each mod pack.
Edit-
If you configure a client side mod in game, you could check on timestamp when quitting to copy those configs back to the common client only configs area.

Status
Not open for further replies.